Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: What do you think
Transfer inventory [no risk of players leaving] [new players at disadvantage]
A total restart [risk of old players leaving] [New content/economy/fair start for all]
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kurious About S&box FRG

Honestly, none of this would work out well. Like you said, Sandbox isn't near complete, and will probably take time for people to get into coding for that. This means basic TTT isn't available. Once that comes somehow, there's a few decisions that go beyond your post.
  • There's keeping gmod servers up because people won't want to buy Sandbox until it's reasonably stable or wait for a sale. While this has some neat way of taking advantage like getting new players because the servers they played on aren't live yet, inventory servers will obviously take more time to prepare compared to vanilla.
    That means delayed updates for both servers. Also, possible separate economies, different weapons for different games. I don't know if you're paying attention to how many people are playing daily, but it's not that great. I mean actually playing too, like a few hours per person. It isn't wise to split them up.
  • Currently, we don't know the price, the demand or how easy it will be to do anything on Sandbox. Brass could work hard on getting his server to Sandbox to only have it be a waste of time. It's unpredictable whether or not the game is going to be big.
  • A lot of the community has become inactive. If it were to switch to Sandbox only, you'd be losing people who just go onto gmod to check their legacy browser for servers they favorited.

As far as our player base now, there will be dozens that quit if they can't keep their stuff. People will also quit because they don't have good enough computers for unreal engine (or run as well as gmod). You know people already own Gmod and will want to continue playing there because there's plenty of TTT and inventory servers.

Your point about the new people and transfering inventories is moot. That's how it works now too. New players still come and feel this. The only exception this time is how quick the server gets to the listing so more people see that instead, so more people have this opinion.

Bathory suggested something that I think is a terrible idea. Cashing out is a terrible idea, as people worked hard getting rarer weapons. How do you feel cheny will feel if he had to give up his one of a kind sand gauntlets. What do you even price these rare weapons at. Bri was going to pay 1 million coins for a bloodfury. I don't know if he was serious or not, but you have to consider that he had the chance to buy it for that much.

If you have to scale it, I have a feeling that a railgun is going to be worth less than what it was a few weeks ago. How else are you suppose to keep a reasonable scaling for cashing out. He rebounded this by setting a cap, but the cap is a terrible idea because my 2,600 hours of collecting rare weapons meant the same as someone who bought a few cheaper godlikes around the 80 hour mark.

But I am also the curious type. I want to see what would happen if this were to happen. Even before I joined, the community already decided the only weapons that mattered were primordials and higher. I want to see if people even care about rarities. I want to see if alex could continue his streaks. I want to see if weapons could be made better. Or the existing ones to feel better.
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kurious About S&ndbox FRG - Kheyre - 06-10-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - TJ1524 - 06-10-2018, 08:23 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Brassx - 06-10-2018, 10:29 AM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Nytemart - 06-10-2018, 12:34 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Brassx - 06-10-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Nytemart - 06-10-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Eclipse - 06-10-2018, 05:03 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Skully_Fluff - 06-10-2018, 05:06 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - tobiasxz - 06-10-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: Kurious About S&box FRG - Kheyre - 06-10-2018, 09:13 PM