The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Low Player-Count Incentives

A lot of the time during the day, the server is dead as hell. When there are less than 6 people online, players have very little reason to join, because they can't earn experience or progress towards their guns and quests. I've often seen times when the server completely empties out when the sixth player leaves the server, because the other five don't feel like waiting for another sixth to join. I know that this is to prevent grinding and metagaming the server for drops, but I do suggest that we should implement some sort of reward system for when the server has between two and ~eight players (inclusive, going up to eight to give a "grace zone". Additionally, this system may make both servers equally active depending on player preferences. I know some players prefer a lower player count).

Note that all of these suggestions are based on playtime, and they can't be abused the same way that metagaming gun XP and whatnot can.

A few suggestions:

-Low-Count Gift Packages: For every hour that you spend on the server (in active TTT, not spectator) with ~eight or fewer active players, receive a gift package. Essentially the VIP system, but not always active. You could probably even strip the code of the VIP system and modify it slightly, depending on the implementation.

-Weapon XP/Player XP Awards based on playtime: For each minute that you play with a low player count, receive 1 XP as well as a 1/16th of a kill worth of XP on all enhanceable weapons that you currently have equipped, or a general equivalent for guns that require specific feats, such as body damage.

-ETC: Basically this idea can be applied to every other aspect of gameplay, including drops according to playtime on low player count.

Messages In This Thread
Low Player-Count Incentives - Nivendo - 12-05-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - tobiasxz - 12-05-2017, 05:28 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - Nivendo - 12-05-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - halaman - 12-05-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - Jake1o - 12-05-2017, 09:15 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - Terran - 12-05-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: Low Player-Count Incentives - Kcat - 12-06-2017, 12:51 AM