The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Should developers receive payment for their work?
Yes, developers should be given a copy of what they make or have a big part in making.
No, developers should not receive any reward or payment for what they make.
Yes, developers should be given a copy of what they make or have a big part in making, but the item should be non-tradeable.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should developers receive a copy of their work?

Hi,

A question came up on weather or not a developer should or should not receive a copy of what they created or had a large part in creating. I'm defining developer as someone who has created something physical to be used in the server (skins, models, animations, etc..) I'm not making this thread for those who buy forerunner tiers or make suggestions on the forums. Currently I do receive one copy of the coinshop accessories I make for you guys but recently Brass and myself have completed the railgun that I've had up on my development thread for sometime. I can say now that its pretty sick and i'm excited to see it in the server, but I have put a considerable amount of time into the model and animations so they are that they can be the best of my ability. Should I and future developers receive a copy of what they have had a large part in developing? I'm not only making this thread for me but for anyone else who wants to start making content for the server. I can't tell you how discouraging it is to spend so much time on something and get nothing to show for it. And i'm not expecting devs to get something for everything they do. An example being the item crate and gift crate icon I modeled in which I receive nothing and am completely fine with.

TL;DR- Its discouraging to developers if they do not receive some kind of payment for the work they do. Should or Shouldn't they get a copy of what they make?

Find

Messages In This Thread
Should developers receive a copy of their work? - Aresuft - 04-26-2015, 07:26 PM