Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Item Ideas to Buff Weaker Events

(06-10-2019, 12:01 AM)Brassx Wrote:  He's right. I've been saying for awhile the best way to 'buff an event' is not to buff the base loot, but to make it have more unique items worth going after. Such as very useful runes/consumable items you can ONLY get from there. Solid way to buff them without loot creep.

I know some of these are ridiculous and broken. Just want to explore and get some of these out there.

----All consumables----

Name: Chest of the Forgotten Martyr
Flavor Description: It is said to hold a whisper of an old belief, to sooth and forget today's pain.
Action: Choose a trait on a catalyst and remove it.

So you use it on a catalyst to remove an undesirable trait. Could be a useless/low impact trait to free up more trait space, or a negative trait.

------

Name: Horus' Heart Fragment
Flavor Description: Ripped from the tortured soul himself.
Action: Used to upgrade chance of weapons.

When used, it lowers the chance on weapons by .1.
EX. So if it is 1 in 14.5 (rounding up to 1 in 15) it'll be reduced to 14.4 and round down to 1 in 14.

------

Name: Ring of Unfound Fortune
Flavor Description: It seems to be linked to a chest and craves to be rejoined.
Action: You'll be lead around lobby trying to find the chest's location. You active it and it'll tell you N/S/E/W of your location.

Chest will contain a low amount of expired crates, 3-6 drops 1-10 crates per drop. It is meant to be a gamble. Have a chance to be a mimic. The mimic could be a boss fight, or you have to feed it for a reward. The feeding could be for a limited time (within 5-10 mins of finding it) so you have to be prepared to feed. Feeding it could be based on the drop rate, if it is global drop, and quality of the items. So feeding it an Eerie (1 in 9K, none global) could be better then feeding it a Nexus Repeater (1 in 4K [I think that is the drop chance], global).

-----

Name: Crystallized Heart
Flavor Description: Years after it's death, the earth has taken back this heart.
Action: Used to summon the new boss Crystallized Kraken in the VIP area.

VIP boss, yes. It'll be super rare, folks are selling VIP tokens and prob more cause it'll go up in price.

-----

Name: Letter From the Damned
Flavor Description: "To those who slaughtered our ranks, we are ready for you."
Action: Use on non-lobby events to put them into Hard Mode.

Hard Mode ideas

Heal reduction during fight phases. Ex: Spiders, Grime's hoard phase, any boss fight, etc.
+ Minion health
Event specific difficulties
BW: Circles are invisible

Reward bag that gives crates and items based on the event, so it can be opened in lobby.

-----

Name: Challenge Pardon
Flavor Description: n/a
Action: Used to reroll current challenge part.

----- New ------

Name: Reinforced Chamber
Flavor Description: It seems to be able to stabilize a small portion of excess energy.
Action: Increase the chance of one catalyst to receive traits from catalysts based on the amount of traits of the lower tiered catalysts. (+1% chance for each trait) The item is consumed after choosing a catalyst.

Base chance is 20% with two it is a 40% chance to get 1 of the catalysts onto the desired weapon.
Number of traits=one catalyst, two catalyst
1 trait=21%, 42%
2 trait=22%, 44%
3 trait=23%, 46%
4 trait=24%, 48%
5 trait=25%, 50%
6 trait=26%, 52%

This will encourage using more expensive, traited weapons. Not only that, but you would be overkill to make sure you get the traits onto the weapon. I believe this is how we should go about increasing the chances if we were ever going to let it happen.

------

Name: Catalyst Tofu
Flavor Description: Ewww, it has no substance and just ruins everything.
Action: Combine with a catalyst. It grants 200% (3x) the xp, the catalyst is then destroyed afterwards.

------

Name: Brass' Feather
Flavor Description: Said to be plucked from the creator himself.
Action: Next crafted catalyst procs all overall perks. Even if unavailable available.

------

Name: Holy water
Flavor Description: n/a
Action: Erase all noncrafting traits from a catalyst.

+5 for the Ring, Crystal Heart, Chest of Martyr, Horus Fragment, and Challenge Pardon but -4 for the Crystallized heart cuz Pay2Play is fucking stupid and should never be implemented in any game ever.
Find

(06-15-2019, 06:34 PM)Forbidden Daddy Niles Wrote:  Pay2Play is fucking stupid and should never be implemented in any game ever.

i mean, runescape has basically the same system and you can easily get a voucher for our VIP in the same way you can get a membership bond on there.
idk the going rate now, but i remember they were 15-20k? that's easily obtainable in less than a day or even just by doing one event

oh also all these ideas are really good, nice thread
Find

these are all neat except not a fan of the ring or challenge pardon
def like horus' heart and martyr, def down for more lobby-related bosses (although i think there should be a way to spawn a pirate raid of some sort), hard mode already talked about im not sure what came about that convo though

ring, obvi im a big opposer to bringing back seasonal expired stuff and challenge pardon i think is just kinda cheese, chals are p easy rn

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

+1 to all of these ideas, many of them seem well thought out and I could see them being added with some minor adjustments for balance. I especially like the challenge pardon as a newer player when I may not have a great gun at that tier type.
Find

I know some of these are ridiculous and broken. Just want to explore and get some of these out there.

----All consumables----
+1
------
This would be cool, but maybe a limit on it like 10 or 20 uses on 1 gun.
------
Be cool for a special boss like djinn.
-----
I don't know about this one chief.
-----
It's been discussed before so idk if this would be a thing or not
-----
-1, Rune of Easing is fine
Find

I added more stuff :^)
Find