Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deathbringer

The deathbringer is one of the classic godlikes on the server. It's the first event godlike we had and it has a proc that I think is really cool. However, it's not by any means a good weapon. I just said that the proc is cool, but it's not actually any good. First of all, the deathbringer is a rifle which means that in most situations you're using a rifle you will never proc the ball since you're going for headshots which is an insta kill, and Given how common mobility is now as a stat or utility on a lot of weapons, most people have a way to outrun the laughably slow ball that chases them if you hit their body and proc the ball. The other interesting thing this weapon has is it's second mode, which is a melee. The problem with it is that every single part of it is useless. It's slow to pull out, slow to swing, does little damage, the only good thing it has is proccing the ball but unless you proc it first swing then you'll instantly be killed for even looking at someone while swinging it.

My suggestion for changing this weapon is

First of all, make the red tint a bit less dark so looking through it isn't so hard in darker maps.

Give it a pull out and reload animation. It also has the old nexus repeater bug where you can keep reloading while shooting so you never run out of ammo.

Make Deathbringer balls scale to mobility, and the longer the ball is active, the faster it moves.

For the melee mode, make headshots charge up the melee mode, which allows you to get a guaranteed proc when you swing at someone who is X meters away (to prevent people from running right up to someone and insta killing them with the proc)

Also give the sniper gory trait, it'll make getting kills with it more satisfying just like Conq headshots + it makes sense with the weapon.

Feel free to give your suggestions for the deathbringer below, I think it's a really cool weapon that needs a bit of love.
Find

+1 Yeah, cool gun lil' weak by today's standards wouldn't mind seeing it get tweaked up a bit since I really like it.
Find

+1
That seems like a pretty neat idea. I would like to see this tinkered with, as it does seem a bit lackluster to use at times.
Find

The balls DO speed up the longer they're active though, unless I've been rused this entire time.
The only thing I don't agree with is the melee mode should not have any ability to shoot balls. All this is going to do is cause KOS off of weapon. There'd basically be no way to tell someone "Balled" you with the melee unless you're looking straight at them, so its A) a frustrating ability for the person targetted and B) something that will get the user killed.

I know I would kill off of suspicion for that, if I get balled and I see someone running away with a deathbringer melee from my proximity they're dying. Same thing for if I get hit with a rifle shot and someone is looking at me with an enigma - The stupid gun doesn't flash, leave a tracer or audio, but I'm killing them. A third example is the explodey book - If I see a guy hiding in a cliff face with the book out and I just got hit with a nuke, I'm killing them.

Removing that ability to *defend* yourself on that suspicion just makes it almost impossible to catch these things in the act.
If this IS a thing, then make it so there's an obvious aura charge up of the sword, so you can tell if someone does it.
Or else I'm just shootin' ya.
But yeah its really underwhelming feeling compared to the slew of cool rifles we have. I'd like to see it be extinct'd first and foremost.
Find

(07-11-2020, 06:29 PM)Terran Wrote:  The only thing I don't agree with is the melee mode should not have any ability to shoot balls. All this is going to do is cause KOS off of weapon.

deathbringer has and has always had the ability to proc balls in melee mode
Find

(07-12-2020, 01:34 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(07-11-2020, 06:29 PM)Terran Wrote:  The only thing I don't agree with is the melee mode should not have any ability to shoot balls. All this is going to do is cause KOS off of weapon.

deathbringer has and has always had the ability to proc balls in melee mode
I know it does. I'm saying it shouldn't. It was a silly idea that was gimped massively because it was broken OP, and there's no way to fix that. I probably had one before you even played here mayn.
Find