Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Buff] Gambler's Fallacy

While I'd heard about the issues with the gambler's fallacy, I never really took them for real until I actually bought and tried one out. (Partial rant incoming!) The reload is very slow, to the point that there isn't much point in using the gun unless its used alongside reload crystal. Also, if you happen to get the extra 50% reload speed debuff, it makes the gun unusable (If the reload speed was slightly faster, it would be annoying, but still usable). I think that if the reload speed was made slightly faster, it would make the gun much more enjoyable than it currently is (Not that it already isnt fun to use).

I also wanted to point out that the base trait (Luck of the Draw) does not work on lobby, and I believe that events like Lyrus and Abyssal Terror would be much more enjoyable if I was able to use the trait. (This is just personal opinion, and I know not many people actually own a Gambler's Fallacy, so I doubt that this suggestion will be implemented).

It would also be nice if getting kills would reduce the 5 minute cooldown timer on the Luck of the Draw trait...

I love the gamblers and I think it's fine for how it is. The point is that it can make or break your round. Some of the buffs it can give are extremely good, while others are extremely bad. I actually like the way the weapon handles in TTT too. It's not gonna beat out your typical 6 traited prim all the time, but its pretty fun to use imo.

I think the gun is very solid in TTT, but in the end it falls kinda under a novelty category. Luck of the Draw should totally work on events though, but it could really mess ya up.
Find

As someone who uses the gambler's to cheese the fuck out of Oxylus and deal almost triple the damage of anyone else as long as I get the correct rolls, it shouldn't have a place in events. I don't want to have a record run that's the result of rolling 2x damage and +50% reload speed and then equipping garden with warbanner/ocarina and literally dealing quintuple the damage of anyone else in the run.
Find

(07-14-2020, 02:53 AM)Goodest Seal Wrote:  As someone who uses the gambler's to cheese the fuck out of Oxylus and deal almost triple the damage of anyone else as long as I get the correct rolls, it shouldn't have a place in events. I don't want to have a record run that's the result of rolling 2x damage and +50% reload speed and then equipping garden with warbanner/ocarina and literally dealing quintuple the damage of anyone else in the run.
FRG shouldn't let buffs stack from any sources, period. If you have two of the same buff, the greater one should be in effect - Would that help it?
Though the double damage is strong.
Find

(07-14-2020, 06:25 AM)Terran Wrote:  
(07-14-2020, 02:53 AM)Goodest Seal Wrote:  As someone who uses the gambler's to cheese the fuck out of Oxylus and deal almost triple the damage of anyone else as long as I get the correct rolls, it shouldn't have a place in events. I don't want to have a record run that's the result of rolling 2x damage and +50% reload speed and then equipping garden with warbanner/ocarina and literally dealing quintuple the damage of anyone else in the run.
FRG shouldn't let buffs stack from any sources, period. If you have two of the same buff, the greater one should be in effect - Would that help it?

I think you misunderstood what he was saying.
What two of the same buff did he have?
Find

(07-14-2020, 02:34 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(07-14-2020, 06:25 AM)Terran Wrote:  

I think you misunderstood what he was saying.
What two of the same buff did he have?
I read reload speed as firerate or something and then assumed ocarina. Point still stands, though. You could stack the +50% reload speed with a reload crystal, e.t.c.
Use your imagination fatty
Find

(07-14-2020, 04:54 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(07-14-2020, 02:34 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
I read reload speed as firerate or something and then assumed ocarina. Point still stands, though. You could stack the +50% reload speed with a reload crystal, e.t.c.

ocarina doesn't buff firerate...
Find

(07-14-2020, 08:34 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(07-14-2020, 04:54 PM)Terran Wrote:  I read reload speed as firerate or something and then assumed ocarina. Point still stands, though. You could stack the +50% reload speed with a reload crystal, e.t.c.

ocarina doesn't buff firerate...
Thought it did. I loaned mine out the second I got one.
Anything else minor to nitpick at so we can fill the thread with pointless babble?
Find