Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Rarer (But with better rewards) Challenge Scrolls?
No
Yes
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rarer but more rewarding Challenge Scrolls

I really don't know. They're common now because everyone asked for them to be more common before because the price you paid for them was not worth what you'd get most of the time. It just seems like a never ending cycle, a lot of people used to play to do scrolls, but if they don't have any scrolls would they bother playing?
Find

(06-15-2020, 06:36 AM)Bruhssx Wrote:  I really don't know. They're common now because everyone asked for them to be more common before because the price you paid for them was not worth what you'd get most of the time. It just seems like a never ending cycle, a lot of people used to play to do scrolls, but if they don't have any scrolls would they bother playing?
If they don't, is that a bad thing? But regardless, we have many activities. Maybe scrolls needed to be buffed in amount at one time, but do people need scrolls active 24/7? I have a stack of 70 easy scrolls that just seems to keep growing. I don't have to do them but it feels like I should, so I grab the strongest gilded weapon and rely on that.

Regardless, the biggest change was gilded for crafting along with the change where you could progress from "Any" weapon on scrolls. People wouldn't do them constantly. Having to use an Axistence or something instead of a Gilded Glaedr was a lot more of a challenge, and so people would split up their time between "Working on scrolls with lower tiered guns" and "Playing around with their high level weapons". Now, however, those are mixed together.

I'd RATHER see a change be made to gilded or the scroll progression for kills, but I think its far too late for that to happen...So I looked at a different vector. If TTT does become just endless "Do this over and over and over" then I feel like it loses its essence, which is what's happening.

(Slightly off-topic, but regarding the pass XP from dailies. I think its a good thing, and I don't mind the resets, but I think the cost should go higher every time you reset the dailies that day. I.E 15k the first time, 30k the next, 45k the third. The reasoning being is I can endlessly reset dailies and I make my money back from the Daily rewards, including the free clue scroll I seem to always get, which if its an easy I can do in maybe two rounds if I tryhard usually with a Gilded gun and rewards up to 10k or so, maybe more.)

I definitely don't think my suggestion is "People won't have any scrolls". You can get one from doing dailies, which is good, and Rep Scrolls are a thing (A good money sink even if nobody uses them). That's infinite scrolls as long as you just spend some money, and, in regards to the daily tasks, there isn't really a loss, just a cost.

Hence why my suggestion had something about just sort of slowly staggering it; - i.e scrolls shouldn't just become rare, but they should become rarer, and it could be gradual. I don't know if this adds annoying and unnecessary work to your end, but its a step I'd like to see.

Sorry if this reply is long, but to conclude, a friend gave me a strong Gilded gun recently (The first Gilded I've ever had), and when I realized I could use an incredibly powerful gun AND progress on challenges it was pretty insane. I can't believe people have been using those for so long, especially since overpowered crafted prims can come with Gilded, a lot of guns you spawned in for giveaways have Gilded, the shrine gives out Gilded (I believe). So if you get your hands on one expensive, rare and powerful gilded, why use anything else? I mean, you could if you want. I guess. But you wouldn't be progressing as fast, making as much money.
Find

+1
anything to get terran to stop using that stupid block buster
Find

without scrolls there simply isn't enough of an incentive to play ttt. you might think "why does there need to be an incentive dude that's really wack" but that's just how it is, at least it was for me. im sure most people are the same way - you don't really feel like you're advancing your inventory by playing ttt without scrolls. events are just way better, and ttt really just isn't fun enough on its own anymore to keep people playing. probably.

however i did vote yes, because i do think feeling pressured by the loot incentives to use a single weapon at all times is like just not pleasant. best situation i can think of (and this could just be me) is that the requirement (e.g flamboyant) for kill steps is just removed altogether, but gildeds only work half the time or so. so like every kill step will simply be "get 69 kills" but gildeds will only work half the time. maybe every other step or something. this way people will still have scrolls as an incentive to play and they won't feel pressured into using the shitty gun the step is asking for or their gilded. as much, anyway. they can use whatever effing gun they want every other step, without feeling "inefficient". doesn't solve the whole problem but idk im gay honestly

(06-16-2020, 07:25 AM)Enchantable Wrote:  without scrolls there simply isn't enough of an incentive to play ttt. you might think "why does there need to be an incentive dude that's really wack" but that's just how it is, at least it was for me. im sure most people are the same way - you don't really feel like you're advancing your inventory by playing ttt without scrolls. events are just way better, and ttt really just isn't fun enough on its own anymore to keep people playing. probably.

however i did vote yes, because i do think feeling pressured by the loot incentives to use a single weapon at all times is like just not pleasant. best situation i can think of (and this could just be me) is that the requirement (e.g flamboyant) for kill steps is just removed altogether, but gildeds only work half the time or so. so like every kill step will simply be "get 69 kills" but gildeds will only work half the time. maybe every other step or something. this way people will still have scrolls as an incentive to play and they won't feel pressured into using the shitty gun the step is asking for or their gilded. as much, anyway. they can use whatever effing gun they want every other step, without feeling "inefficient". doesn't solve the whole problem but idk im gay honestly
I'm definitely not suggesting removing scrolls or something. The two sources I see for daily scrolls would be the Rep and Daily, albeit the daily only once, and the Rep has a cooldown. If you do all the dailies, you get your scroll as normal. If you reset dailies, you don't get a second. If you want another scroll, Rep scroll is an option; - That's two, guaranteed, every day.

But the second part is reasonable, but it still doesn't solve the issue. Even if they were "Nerfed", people would still just continue to use only Gilded guns. (With how many stacked ones there are, too, that seems unending).

If a crazy change WAS made, Gilded could be totally swapped around. Turn it into a trait that gives you X coins upon killing a player rightfully. Bring back the old challenge system where someone WOULD have to use Flamboyant or Axistence. But Crafting is still a thing, so you could still craft a strong, low-tier challenge gun; it'd be a lot easier than before. Just no more Gilded Glaedr of Dragon's Rage****** or Gilded Nexus Repeater of Agony*****.

There are so many daily activities to do right now that I'm pretty sure with two guaranteed (And remember, slightly harder and more rewarding, even if lower tier) scrolls available would be enough, if adding in randomly dropped ones/etc.
Find

Here's my take on Gilded and Scrolls

I believe the half progression actually made doing scrolls feel worse, you're able to complete them passively but it feels like it takes forever to complete an easy/medium scroll that rewards you with a tiny amount of loot compared to the time it takes.
It also made gilded and half gilded guns extremely overpowered to the point where I have no incentive to ever take them off when playing TTT, I only get a break with a burger or rightful damage challenges.

I've also thought about making a thread about this issue but I've never found a solution on how to approach it.
I believe the tier challenges should be completely removed because it's really unfun to purposely use really bad weapons.
Brass said it was a lot of work but it would be awesome if unique weapons counted as the gun they're based on too.
I'd be happy to compile a list of all the uniques and which base they fall under if it could be any help.

This may sound controversial but it might be a good chance to make gilded weapons only double progress for challenges of their base gun, headshot, and non-headshot kills.
Just a potential solution but currently scrolls take way too long to complete passively and way too short to complete with gilded half gilded.
Find

(06-16-2020, 04:00 PM)Danger Wrote:  Here's my take on Gilded and Scrolls

I believe the half progression actually made doing scrolls feel worse, you're able to complete them passively but it feels like it takes forever to complete an easy/medium scroll that rewards you with a tiny amount of loot compared to the time it takes.
It also made gilded and half gilded guns extremely overpowered to the point where I have no incentive to ever take them off when playing TTT, I only get a break with a burger or rightful damage challenges.

I've also thought about making a thread about this issue but I've never found a solution on how to approach it.
I believe the tier challenges should be completely removed because it's really unfun to purposely use really bad weapons.
Brass said it was a lot of work but it would be awesome if unique weapons counted as the gun they're based on too.
I'd be happy to compile a list of all the uniques and which base they fall under if it could be any help.

This may sound controversial but it might be a good chance to make gilded weapons only double progress for challenges of their base gun, headshot, and non-headshot kills.
Just a potential solution but currently scrolls take way too long to complete passively and way too short to complete with gilded half gilded.
That's pretty reasonable, more or less the opinion I'm trying to get across, except I do kinda like using low tier guns (With crafting you can make some stacked stuff), but it is depreciated.
This is a good solution - As Danger says, Gilded can still work towards some.
This is a good post.
Find

Gilded and double gilded really do trivialize the scrolls by a fuck ton. Even just a random double gilded unlikely deagle can shit on a pro scroll in just a couple hours.
Find

I kinda feel nerfing scrolls like that might make some people not play. I don't think scrolls are really in that bad of a place currently but I could see some adjustments being made to some of the things. I disagree with the assessment that people only use double glided guns in ttt because of scrolls. People who want to spam scrolls will just do whatever is the most efficient to complete them, but I know plenty of people including myself that just complete scrolls slowly with whatever guns they wish to use that they find fun.
Find

I think one thing I'd like to do for now is lower the frequency of the current kill challenges that gilded applies to. Replacing them with a range of other challenges that don't use the kill-credit system we have,
such as kills with certain T weapons, secondary only kills, get x amount of post-round drops on TTT, or any other challenges myself or others can think of.

This doesn't mean those challenges wont exist, I'm just ensuring there's more of a gap between them. So you can't get say, Melee kills followed by a short puzzle, followed by body kills followed by <some tier here.> kills. There will be a gap between the kills, the goal is to hopefully make TTT a little less sweaty and give people a break from feeling forced to use their gilded guns.
Find