Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we nerf mobi traits/some mobi boosting items?
Yes
Leave mobi alone!
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The mobility issue.

I think the biggest issue with FRG's TTT experience* right now is the amount of mobility a player can gain. While it's fun to ZOOM around, it's really unfun to encounter/play against people zooming at mach10. I'd like to read peoples opinions on this matter here, if it should be nerfed, how it should be nerfed, or if it should be left alone.

I personally think it got out of hand, I saw mobi stuff was people's favorite type of item/trait, and got a little out of hand with it. What do you guys think?
Find

Mobi items are more valuable because of the fact that mach10 is possible, honestly i would not be apposed to nerfing mobi items.
Find

I think a mobi cap would optimal
Find

I think it would be fine for most mobility items (keyboard, lightweight, vorpal, etc.) to stay the same, but mobi on kill needs to be toned down to another level. Some guns without boost mobi can be annoying but then you add the fact every time they get a kill with that annoying gun, they become even harder to hit and track, and it just causes a slew of issues.

tl;dr, regular mobi items are fine but boost mobi needs to be toned down with a cap or just less percentage on kill
Find

I think toning down mobility and slowing down ttt in general is a great thing. I'd love to see ttt go back to its slower paced more methodical roots and a mobility nerf would push us closer to that. Also the pre-round timers should be reverted.

Mobi trait should remain untouched and unaffected. It is for sure the best trait imo and most fun. other items that give mobi, i havent played with much or encountered a ton. can't speak for those. if the issue is being able to get speedy beyond the affects of mobi trait than i can understand that. if a cap is added that makes it so a swift or lightweight gun that also procs mobi no longer lets you reach that speed, that would suck.

(05-14-2020, 06:28 PM)Phrot Wrote:  I think it would be fine for most mobility items (keyboard, lightweight, vorpal, etc.) to stay the same, but mobi on kill needs to be toned down to another level. Some guns without boost mobi can be annoying but then you add the fact every time they get a kill with that annoying gun, they become even harder to hit and track, and it just causes a slew of issues.

tl;dr, regular mobi items are fine but boost mobi needs to be toned down with a cap or just less percentage on kill

You realize it doesn't stack per kill right? it's a 1 time increase and thats all.
Find

Absolutely, its ridiculously unfun when people go over 40% speed. Maybe if this was Planetside, but Gmods engine just can't handle that and you can't HIT people. It is so frustrating to have your CURSOR move slower than people. And I get that bunny hopping is a skill, but when someone can pull out a sled, crouch once and slide across the map 5x faster than anyone else can it is just lame.
Speed rounds are cool, but just in normal TTT? Its unending frustration and not fun.

Jake: People are talking about 100%+ speed, not the 40% from mobi. That's baby tier.
Find

kerykeion nerf wtfman
Find

I think it should be nerfed or capped. Playing with people going mach 10 is never fun, if only because they have a very easy advantage over you. Besides, for new players just joining, they might see it as unfair or rigged. Those are my two bits ^^
Find

I think mobility items got out of hand, especially with the bunny crystal. Anyone using a bunny crystal makes mobility items 10x better. Beam sword is probably the most overpowered with it. I really love mobility traits and effects, but you can just stack and stack mobility and become light speed.

I also hate it in events, it makes events too easy. Someone hits me with vorpal and enemies are easy to dodge if you can run (poison spiders still kill, thank god Smile ).

So yeah, a cap in ttt would be nice, and no super extreme mobility items in events.
Find