Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we nerf mobi traits/some mobi boosting items?
Yes
Leave mobi alone!
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The mobility issue.

(05-14-2020, 06:35 PM)Terran Wrote:  Absolutely, its ridiculously unfun when people go over 40% speed. Maybe if this was Planetside, but Gmods engine just can't handle that and you can't HIT people. It is so frustrating to have your CURSOR move slower than people. And I get that bunny hopping is a skill, but when someone can pull out a sled, crouch once and slide across the map 5x faster than anyone else can it is just lame.
Speed rounds are cool, but just in normal TTT? Its unending frustration and not fun.

Jake: People are talking about 100%+ speed, not the 40% from mobi. That's baby tier.

Right, I think some peopel are meaning that but also a few on this thread are saying mobi trait should be nerfed. im simply saying if a cap is added, it sohuld not cap at 40%. that makes every tier the same with mobi trait. the only reason to use lightweights, swifts, shanks surplus is if they have mobi trait. adding a 40% cap ruins those tiers.
Find

while mobility is really no fun to go against as a traitor, it's also one of the only things making innocent rounds moderately fun (as well as making t rounds more fun) so personally i don't want to see it totally annihilated to the point of no return. though innocents really shouldn't be able to run around and basically outmatch a traitor despite the fact they have access to t items, so i do think a bit of a nerf would be kinda awesome. just dont murder it plz.

also some items like beam sword probably deserve the mobility advantages they have because they're rare and desirable items! some of the few on the server! so yeah dont kill that either.

edit also some t items to counter mobi in addition to a mobi cap/a slight nerf all around to traits/stats that give too much mobi is prolly good
Find

there should simply be a mobility soft cap/diminishing returns point. so it wouldnt be uncommon to see someone reach 40% with the mobility trait, which itself is fine, but would be rare to see people speeding around far beyond this speed. It's not mobility that's the issue it's just the stacking of it being 100% efficient.
Find

(05-14-2020, 06:24 PM)Bruhssx Wrote:  I think the biggest issue with FRG's TTT experience*  right now is the amount of mobility a player can gain. While it's fun to ZOOM around, it's really unfun to encounter/play against people zooming at mach10. I'd like to read peoples opinions on this matter here, if it should be nerfed, how it should be nerfed, or if it should be left alone.

I personally think it got out of hand, I saw mobi stuff was people's favorite type of item/trait, and got a little out of hand with it. What do you guys think?

Mobi trait on guns became way too abundant. mobi traits on melee weapons seem fine imo
Find

If decreasing the potency of mobi per active stack was possible (if you start with a X% boost and get another mobi boost during the prior's duration the newest effectiveness would be reduced by x% per stacks of mobi)

This would still let people stack mobi but would limit it and make it a skill to actually stack in the best order to get the best affect.

I've played 5,000 hours of TTT and I can guarantee most of those have been inno rounds and I don't rely on zooming around to be the only thing that entertains me. I like inno rounds just as much as T or Det, why play the gamemode if you hate 80% of it?
Find

Though I don't think mobi traits are a huge problem as much as stuff like bhopping/general mobility options like beam sword, there are maybe a few options?
- Speed reduces over time after the trait procs
- Maybe less accuracy the faster you go?
- Split "mobility traits" with other things like deploy speed, firerate and reload speed?

I'unno. Its hard to find a problem with somethin' like that which most people find to be fun, I don't really know where mobility is a problem unless its like beam sword or rift nade or bhopping stuffs

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

i think that The Suess has a good idea to decrease the "potency" and making the stacking less efficient and i get that insane mobi is hard/unfun to play against but i dont think it should be nerfed to hard and i feel like a soft cap would also be a good idea i also dont think mobi trait should be nerfed at all maybe just make it more of a rare trait

(05-14-2020, 07:49 PM)The Suess Wrote:  If decreasing the potency of mobi per active stack was possible (if you start with a X% boost and get another mobi boost during the prior's duration the newest effectiveness would be reduced by x% per stacks of mobi)

This would still let people stack mobi but would limit it and make it a skill to actually stack in the best order to get the best affect.

Edit: Sans (aka NutMilk) said maybe make is a craft only trait
Find

Ill be the minority and say I don't see a huge problem with mobility except in a few extreme cases.

The largest issue being "boosts your mobility by 40% for 25 seconds on kill" that is a HUGE boost for a long period of time. 25 seconds in TTT is a very long time and that trait is easily repeatable, maybe if it were 5-10 seconds (just enough time to get you away from the player you just killed/group of players trying to kill you) which is what I feel was the intended reason for that trait. You could also lower the mobi to 25% but I feel the time reduction wouldn't piss off owners of mobi boost guns as much.

Another contender would be Aquarius, I dont think the mobi alone is insane (though it could definitely be reduced), the fact that there is a block of water that is hard to see through surrounding a player that has a swimming animation (that makes hitting headshots on the aqua user considerably harder at times due to the movements of the swimming animation at that speed) AND it increases your speed, is absurd.

If in the end a mobi buff cap is implemented, please let it be a reduce over time speed cap. (EX: Joe is using a Swift Deagle with Boost Mobi, Aqua, and Ocarina.. lets say he gets a kill and pushes past X% of extra mobility, that extra mobility SLOWLY diminishes over time.) A hard cap on mobility buffs would ruin a lot of players loadouts/weapons. Passive mobility from guns and traits (abyssal trait for ex) shouldnt be considered in mobi cap.

Any change to mobility buffs is going to be difficult to implement and balance.. there are SO MANY prefixes, items, and traits that increase mobility. I don't know how you can change all of that without making a lot of items very worthless. Good luck.

PS: please for the love of god do NOT decrease accuracy the faster you go, the guns in this game are already inaccurate as hell, I dont need this server's accuracy to turn into a weird version of counter strike.

TL;DR - nerf boost mobi on kill, nerf aqua, nerf ocarina mobi boost and ttt will be better
Find

buff tripwire count, make a new random class that gives them.
Find