Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Melee Rule change or Toy hammer nerf.

So here we are, i don't even use the forums too much but i've kinda hit a point as have many other players.
Firstly, lets talk about the currently ruling with a melee that i'm aware of. You cannot kill someone for approaching or even swinging said melee at you pretty much no matter the situation as they can be pushing or just using the melee to swing and move around, it's understandable.

Now with this old ruling, we have now hit a problem as alot of melees have been implemented that are maybe on the stronger side making people run around with melee weapons alot more, keyboard and especially the toy hammer. So the main problem right now, if someone has a stacked toy hammer that can deal 300 dmg to me in 1 swing (yes. That can indeed happen) then even if they run at me and miss like 35 swings i have no right to shoot them and they can just him me with a fucking melee awp and 1 shot me.

Now many players seem to be getting annoyed at the melee rulings, like when someone is on really low health and you just have some random pleb chasing you with a melee weapon and getting a completely free kill on you with 0 out play as you have no right to kill them until they deal damage. Terran has now told me he legit just shoots people that are running at him with the toy hammer (i completely understand and i also want to do it)

So now we're at the end point. I'm completely OK with the hammer itself just being nerfed so it doesn't hit like a nuke. But i'd really like the status of the rule to be changed, i don't know how to do this as it's a very hard rule to make more specific since just shooting people with melee weapons out would be stupid, but it also can't be health based as toy hammer can just 1 shot you. i really don't have any personal solution for this. maybe a warning system but once again not sure how well it would work.

Anyways. Hopefully the gamers find out some sort of change because it's pretty frustrating being out gunned by a melee weapon. Heart

you can kill anyone who swings and misses, that's been the rule lol. Just don't be anal about some dude swinging doomscooper from like 5 feet away
Find

So i have done this before, but i have also been punished because apparently they can just be pushing you and not swinging. Hence why i'd like it clarified.

If there's actually a melee that can kill in 1 hit I'm departing.

Who knew melee weapons could power creep lol

I agree with the nerf to Keyboard/Toy Hammer/?Pan?

I agree with the change in ruling as we do have some VERY strong melee weapons, even without the new ones.
Find

(04-12-2020, 11:19 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  If there's actually a melee that can kill in 1 hit I'm departing.
goodbye jake, it was nice having you
Find

I'm 99% sure its always been the rule that if someone is swinging at you with a melee and you feel they are trying to kill you/hurt you you can kill them. I've mowed people down for chasing me swinging at me with a melee while im on low hp many times.
Find

Yeah i somewhat agree dread, but having a rule where the players are so split when we have to say "when you feel they are trying to kill you" is kinda the problem.

Both the toy hammer and the keyboard have now been changed/ nerfed which is great, for sure one of the things i wanted.
Would be nice if we could finally have a clarification on the rule though, either way this thread is pretty much finished with the changes. Thanks brass.
Find

I agree with Dread on this one, I'm highly against any rule change for this. It would make it next to impossible to enforce and we have way too many players looking for a reason to get away with an RDM on people. I look for this just to cause a lot of reports over things that should be a non-issue. If someone is swinging at you with the intent to kill you gun them down. It's that simple, we don't need a rule that makes it KOSable to swing a melee if they arent a current threat to you.
Find

(04-13-2020, 01:23 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  I'm 99% sure its always been the rule that if someone is swinging at you with a melee and you feel they are trying to kill you/hurt you you can kill them. I've mowed people down for chasing me swinging at me with a melee while im on low hp many times.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure if this has been written as specifically in the rules as of recent, but any time a player performs an action that looks like it has intent to kill you, you can kill them for it. It's t-baiting/karma baiting, whatever you want to call it, it's KOSable. If they swing a shit ton of times at you and look like they're attempting to hit you, if they throw a prop at you, etc it's all meant to bait you and is KOSable. That being said, like someone said earlier, don't be anal about it and just kill anyone who's swinging at you and clearly obviously not intending to hit you or kill you.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find