Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monthly "Battle Pass"-like system...

For an untradeable Monthly. I mean, it'd be cool to get some of those monthly items, they're all fun in their own way, but its unfortunate that it can come down to sheer luck. I still would like to see a way for a dedicated player to get an UNTRADEABLE copy of a monthly to use personally, if they do enough tasks.
It should be hard. It should be slow. It should be more difficult than the Christmas one. But it should exist. PLS.

no, there should not be a way to guaranteedly get an item and ensure that you have no reason to ever desire one in the future.

Monthly items are highly coveted due to their limited supply and potentially exponential demand over time.
This change trivializes them and makes it so there may as well not be a market for them at all.
Find

(02-14-2020, 02:54 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  no, there should not be a way to guaranteedly get an item and ensure that you have no reason to ever desire one in the future.

Monthly items are highly coveted due to their limited supply and potentially exponential demand over time.
This change trivializes them and makes it so there may as well not be a market for them at all.

For existing monthly items ye, but for a new line (all new items) I think it's fine to give it a shot. It'll get more people playing and less people frustrated they couldn't get or afford their favorite monthly.

As I said in discord, I wanted to do this system for the next amount of monthly items, but once every two months instead of every month, and allow people to redo the 'pass' as much as they want if they put in the time, for crafting purposes.

This is the way to go. The economy was really thrown into disarray when suddenly you could drop a multi million coin item at a relatively common chance just by playing TTT.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(02-14-2020, 01:50 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  This is the way to go. The economy was really thrown into disarray when suddenly you could drop a multi million coin item at a relatively common chance just by playing TTT.

I disagree. It may be relatively "common" for how much people value them, but I don't think that throws the economy into disarray at all. It's just supply and demand, because they're genuinely useful, unique items. If they were really THAT common, people wouldn't pay as much for them, and still, it's just shifting coins around in the same economy.

As much as I would like a guaranteed monthly, I like the major part monthlies have played in the economy of the server lately, and I think many people wouldn't be nearly as interested in them if they didn't hold the same "trade able" value as they do.

(02-14-2020, 02:16 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(02-14-2020, 01:50 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  This is the way to go. The economy was really thrown into disarray when suddenly you could drop a multi million coin item at a relatively common chance just by playing TTT.

I disagree. It may be relatively "common" for how much people value them, but I don't think that throws the economy into disarray at all. It's just supply and demand, because they're genuinely useful, unique items. If they were really THAT common, people wouldn't pay as much for them, and still, it's just shifting coins around in the same economy.

As much as I would like a guaranteed monthly, I like the major part monthlies have played in the economy of the server lately, and I think many people wouldn't be nearly as interested in them if they didn't hold the same "trade able" value as they do.

I agree to an extent. However, the xmas pass having untradeable items did not stop a bunch of people from being interested in them and completing it. The truth is, a limited number of monthly items drop, which does in fact limit the amount of players that do get to experience that content. It's why they're so lucrative but.. Looking at player counts, new monthly items the way they function now, only help get a lot of players on the server for the first week or so after launch, then it drops way off because people feel like they can't drop 'em.

However, a pass with a guaranteed new untradeable item (not existing items) every 2 months, guarantees you'd get what you wanted. For example, do you think a lot of people that play FRG wouldn't grind out a pass for a month or so for an ocarina, or even multiple to craft interesting variants? I'd almost guarantee that'd get more people playing than just having it as an RNG drop. Something you can actually work for without relying on RNG.

I think your dead on with this approach. So would that mean there would be a battle pass for every two months and a regular monthly? or just the battle pass?

I can see it being good both ways, obviously its up to you.

Personally I would love a pass similar to the Xmas one. Especially if there are lower tier prizes that could be potentially fun to use. Including xp boosts, runes of fortune, runes of enjoyment and etc.
Find

I like the idea of having guaranteed drops, and being able to actually do something to guarantee a good drop. But I would hate for monthlies to become this. Of course it sucks that not many people have monthlies with many of the new monthlies only dropping about 30-45 but it would change the dynamic of monthlies drastically if this were to happen, and I kinda dislike the revolver from xmas thats untradeable since its kinda dead inventory space trade wise.

Although, I would prefer a system where monthlies are more just pretty good items with a strong gimmick instead of Super good items with a super cool effect.

And more on the "guaranteed drop idea" maybe make it so when the monthly cycle resets, change monthlies from a random drop to a more battle pass thing with a few month duration where there are lets say 5 monthlies, and theres 40 levels and on completion you get 1 of the psuedo monthlies at (Or maybe there could be a way to guarantee this, like every 10 levels theres a case that is a special case bundle (Like weekly cog) or if you combine all 3 of them, you can choose the monthly instead of it being random. This way they could be tradeable, but your also guaranteed a drop. And of course the tiers would be resettable for like 100k or something since theres a monthly at the end, and theres drops in the tier lists so it wont be boring farming.

(I know this is more of a seperate suggestion thats barely linked, but I believe it would solve this problem of feeling spiteful about working hard but I doubt this would be popular enough or wanted enough to be added so I feel suggesting it would be a waste of time)

Sorry about the long ass post, but this is something which the sentiment is shared and talked about alot from alot of people so I have thought about this alot.

Like I kinda hate the idea of untradeables though, since for me the fun part of items is being able to trade them if you missed it or just trading them around to get the one you specifically want. In addition its a cool item, but as someone with a somewhat smaller inventory that likes to trade, (but is hella impatient when feel like I need funds) its always nice to earn something of value for working hard which tbh is why I play some other ttt servers, since they have a load of drops which makes you feel like your earning funds actively, instead of slowly and randomly. (I know dailies and shit exists which is something to work towards to do stuff, but its pretty passive and its not too exciting when you end it with just some crates getting dropped and not really impacting your net worth past like 10-20k on average.
Find