Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

An Overhaul of the Achievements

Everyone is making weapon suggestions, wanting stuff nerfed and buffed, making reports about one rdm. So lets talk about Achievements!

!ach was really cool back then and people were actively trying to complete (idk if people still do now), I know I was trying to do them. But now it's REALLY buggy. The "old new" weapons don't count half of the time, some of the ranks actually don't give titles, and the new weapons are not in now.

So I'm thinking of some sort of super-overhaul to the system. My personal belief for an achievement list is stuff about the whole server, doing the content, like if it was an ACTUAL game. I know there was stuff about Worm-Queen but that was it.

So this is what I propose, and suggestions

Add and remove the titles
Brass stated before, titles are annoying to make apparently. So removing titles from achievements is for the better. People don't really use any of their titles once they get the best one, whatever that may be, or if they have a custom title.

If there should be a reward, I think it would be specific rewards for each, coin drops, or just bragging rights.

Easy-hard achievements
some of the achievements are already hard, like any of the mastery weapon ranks or the cog quest. Have achievements for all levels of experience. I also think rng-like achievements are acceptable, like dropping a godlike.

Organization
First of all, I think !ach should be integrated into the inventory gui, and after that the entire thing should just be changed, tabs to the left instead of dropboxes.

Suggestions and ideas
I thought of a few possible achievements. I would think these achievements would cover almost all of FRG. These are just suggestions be in mind, and names can change.

So yeah, this is a lot of work and there are most likely better projects to do but these are just my thoughts.

I always thought achievements were super neat in theory, but I never got into them in frg. Would be neat if they were given some sort of rework.

Also maybe if you complete all achievements you get "Achievement Master" and if you complete half of them you get "Almost there.." (Or "Wasting Time Apprentice")
Find

The titles exist as proof you completed them, without them there's not really many ways to brag you completed them without 3rd party options.
Find

(01-25-2020, 03:19 PM)Brassx Wrote:  The titles exist as proof you completed them, without them there's not really many ways to brag you completed them without 3rd party options.

Well what if you could possibly check other players progress on achievements?
Find

I like the titles, gives you a feeling of reward for progressing.
A lot of titles are already made and it would be a shame if they got removed.

I think the new basic achievements should provide some reward: keys, crates, scrolls, etc.
And the gun achievements should remain and still provide their titles with the addition of the new guns and fixing the old guns.

Achievements that are hard to obtain like “Iod Pro” should provide titles as a reward.

(01-25-2020, 03:19 PM)Brassx Wrote:  The titles exist as proof you completed them, without them there's not really many ways to brag you completed them without 3rd party options.

Does that really matter? I don't know about you, but I couldn't care less what Joe-Blow-down-the-street's achievements. I think most achievements can give small boosts for the newer folks and could be used to teach them how to do stuff.

If the key fits- Find the lobby chest and open a key.
F is for friends- Join a public party.

The building blocks- Decon an ordinary item.
The start of something new- Craft an ordinary weapon.

For the greater good- Deconstruct a Godlike weapon.
When stars a line- Extinct a weapon.

Nah I was just saying that was the mindset behind them. Hard achievements should have cool titles, the rest can just be plaintext or nothing at all.

I really like the idea of completing an achievement and receiving a cool item
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Achievements would be fine, but I don't see any need for rewards.
Find

hey where's my custom animated title for being worlds first at getting 10k det rounds
Find