Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Snowball Launcher

Change the snowballs to only do 1 damage each, but have a 50% chance to add a short living stack of Ice to the target. The more snowballs that hit, the longer the ice.

Additionally, if you shoot the snowballs onto a surface (or miss them shooting someone), they'll create an "ice patch" that'll last 7 to 20 seconds, anyone walking over an ice patch gets the Ice effect.
You could use this for a bit of fun or defense if needed. We have enough items that damage or kill, some functional "Fun" ones would be cool.
Find

The sbl already fires so slowly that decreasing damage is a terrible idea. The reload animation on the gun really needs to be sped up imo. Generally secondary weapons are to help in gun fights to avoid reload on your primary and allow you to have a chance when you are in a fight with more than one person, right now that’s not plausible with the current fire rate and animation. Also reload crystals have no effect on this wasting that effort as well
Find

I havent used the snowball launcher so take what i say with a grain of salt, but maybe giving each snowball a chance to be packed ice where on hit would procc an icicle like from the eveningstar. Which would be useful, and wouldn't take too much time/energy to implement.

With the ice idea i kind of like it since you could create an icy path and then pull sled out to have some fun, but i could also see if multiple people had one and iced up around t traps and such to be super annoying especially considering how bad i am at multi tasking so i definitely can see myself trying to shoot someone and not notice the ice near an edge or whatnot. Lets not even talk about blink/beam sword/warrior hopping on a bit of ice and just getting fucked.

So the ice could be super cool if done right, but might take a good bit of time to implement. But it would be a cool way to give synergy to the sled and make both a cool synergy/movement choice combined and they wont just be forgotten later. Plus right now i dont see a reason for the snowball launcher to exist really, its basically just another coal launcher which may have a bit of its own flair but not enough for me to not just think of the stats if i had to choose between the two instead of a stylistic/utility choice.
Find

no damag e shit gun
Find

Yeah, Feach, I just feel like its a worse coal launcher and not fun. The reason I think it should do minimal damage is just as a tool for having fun or using in strategic locations. Imagine if you grease up right in front of a ledge and watch someone slide off? The only reason they'd do ANY damage is to show up in combat logs/prevent serious trolling.
Find

There is enough troll weapons I actually have and use one of these and do not want it to be even more useless by decreasing damage and making it a specific use item to make people slide or iced without actually just blatantly being used for a gun fight.
Find

I personally enjoy the gun, It functions as a good panic weapon as you can shoot everytime you switch to it, even if you put it away without reloading. Plus it is a one shot as long as you land it.

Increase its knockback, the funnest part about it is sending stuff flying, would be awesome if you could shoot players off buildings with it
Find

Knock back effect would make it more fun and probably negate my personal need for a faster reload or even the effect of a reload crystal actually working on this weapon. A2 I actually have tested it and the animation time and the switch of weapon and back does not change the time it takes to allow you to shoot again. If you switch you just don’t see animation but have to still wait to shoot. It’s probably the most annoying thing about the gun. Everything else is great.
Find

I'm personally happy with the way it is right now. I think it's a fun and a good back up weapon. Terran ngl I don't like your idea and i'd stop using snowball launcher if it was changed to what you suggested.
Find