Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I have an issue.

People are wired differently and some people are just not wired with control over some aspects of life that seems clear and simple to others. There are things I can handle that others can’t and vice versa. If this is something you struggle with outside of a video game with real money I would look into counseling for help honestly.

Honestly, if you have a gambling problem, this is a good place to learn to deal with it before going out into the world. Its just pixels. You're young, it'll go away, don't worry about it so much, it just looks embarrassing.
Find

(12-24-2019, 02:55 AM)Awesome Wrote:  People are wired differently and some people are just not wired with control over some aspects of life that seems clear and simple to others. There are things I can handle that others can’t and vice versa. If this is something you struggle with outside of a video game with real money I would look into counseling for help honestly.

I agree with this. I definitely believe it can be a real problem, and if its truly affecting you mentally then maybe consider seeking some help. I don't think it's a bad thing for bringing it to the forums but as for Brass doing anything about it, if he does intervene and add a way to ban from 50/50, does it set a precedent for what else Brass should be watching out for? I'm sure him/the staff wouldn't like the thought of being responsible for watching over people's gambling issues.
Find

I get very lucky gambling case opening sites and honestly doing something like jackpot and 5050 on here helps me to work the gambling bug out of my system so I don’t do real damage to my finances in the real world. As I said before if this is opposite for you and is pushing you to feel that bug irl there are many free services to help you cope and work through that. Do a little online research for what works best for you and don’t be afraid to seek help buddy. Best wishes in dealing with this.
Find

(12-24-2019, 03:05 AM)Terran Wrote:  Honestly, if you have a gambling problem, this is a good place to learn to deal with it before going out into the world. Its just pixels. You're young, it'll go away, don't worry about it so much, it just looks embarrassing.

Not exactly. You know that I gamble for real money online and has been my itch for a while now since I really stopped playing FRG. The entire system of FRG is based around gambling since you buy something and have odds to get something but at a very low chance to get something good like lottery tickets. 5050 is 50/50 to win or lose and can end up causing someone to throw away everything that they have worked for on here.

I am absolutely fine with placing a self ban on 5050 because we are here to have fun and to rewind from life and all it has to give. Having a problem with gambling addiction I absolutely understand since I spent too much on here with my own addiction and found a way out. Telling someone to get over it is like telling someone with depression that it is in their head, you don't understand the situation and you never will. Just saying you can stop playing is selfish and you should keep your own opinion to yourself unless you understand how the rush and the itch feels.

A self ban system seems near pointless - If you really want to go to the length of banning yourself, why not just avoid opening the 5050 tab in general? You should be responsible and just not spin if you realize you're going to lose more than you win.
Find