Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Trade Offers

(12-14-2019, 07:07 AM)Awesome Wrote:  The market already has bidding that no one uses sounds like you just want a new feature of the market for “offered bids” basically allowing you to put an item up for bid that you have to decline or accept instead of having a timeframe for the bid ending. Sounds cool in theory but after the first hype wave I see this feature going unused like bidding.

i think the difference is that nobody likes bidding because you either set it for a long timer and dont get payment for a long time or u dont get as many coins as u want. with this, you won't have a time limit or feel any anxiety about if you'll get a decent amount of coins because you can make a deal you want.

I think it's a decent idea, maybe make it so there's a max of 5-10 items per person they can put up so it isn't instantly flooded with shit.
Find

(12-14-2019, 02:15 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(12-14-2019, 07:07 AM)Awesome Wrote:  The market already has bidding that no one uses sounds like you just want a new feature of the market for “offered bids” basically allowing you to put an item up for bid that you have to decline or accept instead of having a timeframe for the bid ending. Sounds cool in theory but after the first hype wave I see this feature going unused like bidding.

i think the difference is that nobody likes bidding because you either set it for a long timer and dont get payment for a long time or u dont get as many coins as u want. with this, you won't have a time limit or feel any anxiety about if you'll get a decent amount of coins because you can make a deal you want.

I think it's a decent idea, maybe make it so there's a max of 5-10 items per person they can put up so it isn't instantly flooded with shit.

yeah everyone back in ntg used to do this when the market was working. it was really great.
Find

[/quote]
[/quote]
Actually that's the reason I suggested it is sorted by names alphabetically.
So like lets say you wanna buy an eveningstar, you'd go to the traderman and type in eveningstar.
And the names of the people that have an eveningstar would have their names come up in alphabetical order.
And you could simply click in on who you wanted to browse then and watch what they have for sale and then bid on the eveningstar.
There already exists a search system similar to this in the trade logs so it shouldn't be hard to implement.
And yeah the reason I'd think it's better than just showing items is simply spam prevention.
It'd also be nice if the seller could sort their items they're selling to put the more things they wanna get sold the most higher up the list of things they're selling, just to make it more convenient for the buyers.
Find

but why sort alphabetically by names thats just gonna make people make their names retarded and put AAAAAAAAAA so they get put at the top
Find

(12-14-2019, 11:06 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  but why sort alphabetically by names thats just gonna make people make their names retarded and put AAAAAAAAAA so they get put at the top
Lmao that's a great point actually, maybe sort by recently updated listings?
Find

Could probably do it where after a certain amount of time you can bump your offer like with forum applications.
Find

If you post a item for bid you set the lowest amount you will take. If no one takes a bid higher than that in your time frame what makes you think that people putting in offers would be any different?

I already see if the works put to do this it will be going unused as people will fall back to discord again.
Find

(12-15-2019, 05:59 AM)Awesome Wrote:  If you post a item for bid you set the lowest amount you will take. If no one takes a bid higher than that in your time frame what makes you think that people putting in offers would be any different?

I already see if the works put to do this it will be going unused as people will fall back to discord again.
The difference here is that people value items differently. Just using coins usually doesn't end up that well since many people have different values in mind for different items. Hence why I think a system where you could offer both coins and items would be superior just because an offer that may seem underpay to the guy that offers it - may seem like overpay to the person selling due to different interpretations of the value of items. The main purpose of the system is to more easily categorize and advertise items that are for sale. Sure the discord works, but have you seen how often random discussions not related to trading occur there? It's inefficient hence why I feel the need for something like this.
Find

(12-12-2019, 04:07 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Am I the only one that absolutely HATES how anytime anyone is selling something it goes like this;

Seller: "Selling (item)"
Buyer: "How much?"
Seller: "Idk offer."

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

oh my fucking lord I hate that so much
the worst part is when everyone does it and they're like "what that's how trading works"
BITCH IF YOU DON'T TELL ME AN APPROX PRICE THEN I CAN'T OFFER RREEEEEEEEEEEEE
Find

I'm bumping this by using my magical biceps.
Find