5 days

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?:
either or

Reason for ban:
"Event Griefing"

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?:
I don't think atleast

What really happened?:
So I just joined a random group on the board and used a survive ticket, (i had done this plenty of times beforehand and never received any sort of punishment or warning). Later when I was in discord with some friends they had told me that someone dropbanned me. Beebee acted with lack of evidence https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/557668163563683870/634939833105776650/unknown.png That could've been anyone who had started survive, and I could've just left with displeasure when I saw survive start. Also I think 5 days is a bit overkill for an event that no one even joined.
Additional details:
This may just be stupid, but I really don't understand how using a survive ticket is event greifing. I could understand if they actually !ejoin'd, but no one did.

I think this should be put into actual written rules, or atleast warn the person. If I had known that it was against the rules then I wouldn't have done it.
Also this delayed you like 5 fucking minutes, you should learn patience. Also beware, all of the people in that party are obviously going to be biased against me, and I'm sure I would be biased in that situation too.
This can also be easily preventable if you just make it so only party leaders can use tickets, like in every other normal event.
This is undoubtably going to be denied but why not give it a shot

So not only did you lie and say you didn't commit the action but you also just stated that you were the one to do it, also i was the one to report you, So there is no bias there.
2. you say we should learn patience but you could learn patience for these 5 days.
3. No, no one else could have used it because in the TITLE it says "GRIMS". which we were ALL waiting for the host (aka me) to start the event. i was waiting for more players.
4. this is event Griefing because you had the full intention of making us suffer and make us wait (had to make a new party that wasn't privited)
5. are you REALLY blaming brass for not making it baby proof and not take responsibility for what YOU did? the rules are more for general things and then you gotta use your brain to tell the differences what is ok and what is not.

(griefing
1. Purposefully shooting or otherwise sabotaging your teammates in an online game.)
Find

a 5 day drop ban for this is absolutely retarded.
If you don't want people to randomly join your party, don't make it public.
Was it trolly? Yes.
Does it deserve basically anything other than a slap on the wrist? No.
This is ridiculous.

Quick addition:
drop bans are literally not even intended for this use-case.

(10-19-2019, 03:29 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  a 5 day drop ban for this is absolutely retarded.
If you don't want people to randomly join your party, don't make it public.
Was it trolly? Yes.
Does it deserve basically anything other than a slap on the wrist? No.
This is ridiculous.

Quick addition:
drop bans are literally not even intended for this use-case.

the whole point of public parties are for randoms to join the EVENT that the title OR HOST says, not for a single person to come and event grief and leave THE SECOND they did it.
i made it so new players would join and experience grims.

Edit: I HAVE NO PROOF BUT From what i heard from Spook (jyio) that mike hates him and he joined and did what he did on purpose because of this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/386258140112355329/634857230495383573/unknown.png
Find

(10-19-2019, 03:20 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  (griefing
1. Purposefully shooting or otherwise sabotaging your teammates in an online game.)

i mean, was it really against teammates? 5 days is excessive though.

(10-19-2019, 03:37 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  the whole point of public parties are for randoms to join the EVENT that the title OR HOST says, not for a single person to come and event grief
heard it here first folks. TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO DO AN EVENT IS EVENT GRIEFING. 10/10 (its a joke btw)
Find

I agree with the ban in this case. The staff decided the last time this happened unanimously that the next reported incident of this would incur a ban on the person who did it. This shouldn't need to be a rule and should fall under the don't be a dick to other players clause.

I also want to point out to donger that although Beebee did the ban he was told to do the ban by an Admin. So yes, why moderator+ has the command Beebee was doing what he had been told to do. He didn't make the decision on a whim and did it because of some bias against lil yeet. The staff as a whole agreed that it's a shitty thing to do and the next incident of it would be met with a punishment. You shouldn't have to avoid making public parties because of a fear of being griefed. That's a stupid thing to say in my opinion and it makes the server feel too toxic. Players should feel like they can use public parties and public party recruitment without fear of being griefed.

Now as far as my personal opinions? I believe 5 days is a little too harsh and I'd agree with shortening the ban. Moving forward I feel that this should continue to be a bannable offense same as we would for any other event griefing. I think 2-3 days would be more than fair but that's my personal opinion.
Find

(10-19-2019, 03:48 AM)Kazen Wrote:  I agree with the ban in this case. The staff decided the last time this happened unanimously that the next reported incident of this would incur a ban on the person who did it. This shouldn't need to be a rule and should fall under the don't be a dick to other players clause.

The staff as a whole agreed that it's a shitty thing to do and the next incident of it would be met with a punishment.

The Staff all agreeing on something doesn't make it public knowledge. It should be communicated what is/isn't punishable, and what punishments roughly will be incurred. Drop bans were only even intended, originally, for people leeching in events, as brass said in the thread he announced them. If it was communicated with the community that queuing for survive is a drop-bannable offense, obviously yeet wouldn't have done it.

You could argue that it falls under the don't be a dick to other players clause, but you could also argue that (unrelatedly) Granabis not giving Yeet his Hydra Aug that he mistakenly listed for much too little on the market is the same scenario, or that people who buy flashbacks off the market from new players for insanely low prices are also being dicks. It should just be clearly communicated what will or won't net you punishment when it comes to "being a dick to other people."

(10-19-2019, 03:54 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  or that people who buy flashbacks off the market from new players for insanely low prices are also being dicks.

i feel attacked right now

(10-19-2019, 03:54 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(10-19-2019, 03:48 AM)Kazen Wrote:  I agree with the ban in this case. The staff decided the last time this happened unanimously that the next reported incident of this would incur a ban on the person who did it. This shouldn't need to be a rule and should fall under the don't be a dick to other players clause.

The staff as a whole agreed that it's a shitty thing to do and the next incident of it would be met with a punishment.

The Staff all agreeing on something doesn't make it public knowledge. It should be communicated what is/isn't punishable.

I see your point, but not all rules are stated or listed anyways. This decision of a dropban and the first incident was made in September, when Brass was not around for about the entire time, and Grass, Unpoke or any other staff members never thought of releasing it like what Brass does, hell Brass probably didn't know about the situation at all.

I think 5 days is excessive, and now coming to think of it that is way too high. I've searched in our discussions just now of when the first drop ban command was given to all staff, Brass suggested first offense should be around an hour.

This post was made around an hour ago, you served an hour and you will be unbanned.

And remember, if you were not caught for doing something against our rules or something just anti-community/toxic or morally wrong, then consider messaging staff about it.
Find