Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on the server?

(10-16-2019, 12:23 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I'm only really looking forward to fishing related stuff. Kind of a shame when theres a lot more fish/rods that were made and aren't being used, let alone no ability for soul catcher.

Dog class

More challenges for scrolls. Stuff like just play x rounds/play for x time even.

-1 he only says this since he has a massive stack of fishbucks
Find

(10-16-2019, 12:28 AM)Moz Wrote:  
(10-16-2019, 12:23 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I'm only really looking forward to fishing related stuff. Kind of a shame when theres a lot more fish/rods that were made and aren't being used, let alone no ability for soul catcher.

Dog class

More challenges for scrolls. Stuff like just play x rounds/play for x time even.

-1 he only says this since he has a massive stack of fishbucks

+1 cause he has a massive stack of fishbucks
Find

I feel like I'm in the very very small minority but revert the change that was made to increase of round timer per kill. Used to be 30 seconds per kill if i recall correctly, and it's now 15. Probably my least favourite change just out of personal preference. People are just impatient imo and think that it's delay if 30 seconds pass by without anything happening. I don't really like playing as traitor as much anymore because of it.

I don't think we really need to be more strict with the rules. I always liked how light FRG was on the rules and I think if we laid down the hammer and became more strict, it would just make the server less fun.  If anything promote more +members or mods, and make sure they are aware of the rules and punishments for offenses.

Never rename tokens.

As for content, more extincts would be nice, or even another purpose for godlike shards. Forerunner fragments and the shop could definitely use some love. Maybe another unique tier, maybe a unique gun type, maybe another unique suffix, and then along with that maybe update the quests. (fix the doctor quest if it hasnt been fixed yet)

Skins would be cool, it was always a planned feature from the start of FRG. Maybe have skins only drop from events, or give them out with certain achievements, that would be cool too and make achievements cooler. More achievements are needed too.
More accessories would be cool too but they're kinda looked over because I figure most people have them disabled.

More gameplay mechanics when designing new items. Not just spray and pray to win tobi guns.

Polarity was a step in this direction.

Hardmode events

Fishing 2.0

Realms itself

Cracking down on exploiters that never report the bugs they use. (Or continue to abuse once reported)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

When older events get updated more items should be added to their loot pool, every event is lacking compared to the variety of tiers & uniques IoD has. It be nice to get some new tiers, uniques and godlikes added to older events.
Find

-More Weapon Base models / Add TMP,MP5,etc to crafting/the normal drop pool instead of 2 crates

-More Models in general. its frustrating to see everyone in either anon, chell(i'm one of these fucks) or aiden.

-Level this weapon to unlock its traits(nothing to crazy like angelic/demonic though). this was one thing about moat that i liked. you would get a gun and work towards unlocking the traits instead of just automatically getting them.

-stat tracking for weapons when inspecting them

-turn one of the ttt servers into a minecraft only map pool(i'm 40% sure this is one of the reasons moat was so popular early on). it would bring in more players(probably).

-with crafting some of the more meme weapons are now just crafting fodder such as tracer, Poseidon, distorted(to some degree), huge problem, etc. Please make more, it makes crafting more interesting getting some of the really memey traits all together.

-Hold a contest on models/maps/general coding to get more people to help with the content delivery this server is semi lacking(love everything you do but it could be so much faster with more people)

-Lucky maps and oxylus are sought after because they drop a lot of loot but currently normal maps are lacking in the loot department. Maybe make lucky map drop rates the normal amount and then just double what current lucky is to "Super" or "Extra" lucky.

-Super rare items such as morgoth sword, blackdeath, moonlord unique are really cool... but i feel like their wasted because no one either has them or such a small percentage of the player base has them so its almost wasted to even make them. There is so much more overpowered shit on this server it makes no sense to hide these to broken RNG. Maybe up the drop chances to more acceptable levels so 1 or 2 drop per week. An item not dropping for months on end isn't fun, its just bad game design.

-Not getting a monthly item due to RNG even when you do 1 set of dailies every day is also...not fun. Add a daily tracker for each month where if you do x amount of dailies you get an untradeable version of the current monthly drop. it would get players to log in at least once a day and when they log in and stay online to do those dailies they are more likely to stick around, donate and add to a growing community.

-Adding on the super rare items is old crates. There are so many crates i've yet to see (ive been playing since may) and its really sad because there is so much out there i have yet to have a chance to obtain for myself. With all the new players that came over from moat/etc it wouldn't be out of the question to do an event week where every crate(nothing too crazy like misery) can be bought from the vip shop(gotta get you some money somehow)

-Look at what other servers are doing and take notes, there are a lot of successful servers out there right now like moat(whatever your opinion on moat is, you cant deny its the biggest server atm. and idk how its still up but somehow it is), crescent relaunched and it looks great and i'm sure they have a booming playerbase with lots of donations coming in.

-Personalize the drops. Yes if you have a certain crate level you can get your name added to it...near the bottom. Pay x amount of coins to turn your Destroyer of Worlds into. PandaCow's Destroyer of Worlds.(this would need a banned list of names btw which isnt too bad to do but still...) If the weapon happens to be sold at a later time you can either keep the original personalized version or pay more coins to replace the name on it.
Find

(10-16-2019, 01:21 AM)Smurfo Wrote:  -More Weapon Base models / Add TMP,MP5,etc to crafting/the normal drop pool instead of 2 crates

-More Models in general. its frustrating to see everyone in either anon, chell(i'm one of these fucks) or aiden.

-Level this weapon to unlock its traits(nothing to crazy like angelic/demonic though). this was one thing about moat that i liked. you would get a gun and work towards unlocking the traits instead of just automatically getting them.

-stat tracking for weapons when inspecting them

-turn one of the ttt servers into a minecraft only map pool(i'm 40% sure this is one of the reasons moat was so popular early on). it would bring in more players(probably).

-with crafting some of the more meme weapons are now just crafting fodder such as tracer, Poseidon, distorted(to some degree), huge problem, etc. Please make more, it makes crafting more interesting getting some of the really memey traits all together.

-Hold a contest on models/maps/general coding to get more people to help with the content delivery this server is semi lacking(love everything you do but it could be so much faster with more people)

-Lucky maps and oxylus are sought after because they drop a lot of loot but currently normal maps are lacking in the loot department. Maybe make lucky map drop rates the normal amount and then just double what current lucky is to "Super" or "Extra" lucky.

-Super rare items such as morgoth sword, blackdeath, moonlord unique are really cool... but i feel like their wasted because no one either has them or such a small percentage of the player base has them so its almost wasted to even make them. There is so much more overpowered shit on this server it makes no sense to hide these to broken RNG. Maybe up the drop chances to more acceptable levels so 1 or 2 drop per week. An item not dropping for months on end isn't fun, its just bad game design.

-Not getting a monthly item due to RNG even when you do 1 set of dailies every day is also...not fun. Add a daily tracker for each month where if you do x amount of dailies you get an untradeable version of the current monthly drop. it would get players to log in at least once a day and when they log in and stay online to do those dailies they are more likely to stick around, donate and add to a growing community.

-Adding on the super rare items is old crates. There are so many crates i've yet to see (ive been playing since may) and its really sad because there is so much out there i have yet to have a chance to obtain for myself. With all the new players that came over from moat/etc it wouldn't be out of the question to do an event week where every crate(nothing too crazy like misery) can be bought from the vip shop(gotta get you some money somehow)

-Look at what other servers are doing and take notes, there are a lot of successful servers out there right now like moat(whatever your opinion on moat is, you cant deny its the biggest server atm. and idk how its still up but somehow it is), crescent relaunched and it looks great and i'm sure they have a booming playerbase with lots of donations coming in.

-Personalize the drops. Yes if you have a certain crate level you can get your name added to it...near the bottom. Pay x amount of coins to turn your Destroyer of Worlds into. PandaCow's Destroyer of Worlds.(this would need a banned list of names btw which isnt too bad to do but still...) If the weapon happens to be sold at a later time you can either keep the original personalized version or pay more coins to replace the name on it.

Crescent is pretty shit ngl, shit drops, hitreg = bruh, what's the point of the inventory system if loot is poop also their gun base is gay since crouch jumping adds accuracy and soooo much bloom.

(10-15-2019, 11:56 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  
(10-15-2019, 11:53 PM)De_Vour Wrote:  -difficulty options for events (except grims) higher difficulty for more loot or unique items only from harder modes. (Guns are locked to less than 6000 or 7000 power and galil cant be used or something to that effect.) Making attacks more difficult do more damage or something like that. (This is what I'd really like to see)
To add onto this, maybe you could do something similar to Destiny Nightfalls, like it has a few modifiers that makes the event easier/harder

Oh and I just saw this, I think that would be fun. The way Destiny 2's nightfalls work is that you have a special nightfall card and you can add handicaps and modifiers. The easier you make it the less score you get during the nightfall (which impacts getting their unique drops) and the harder you make it the more score you get thus increasing your chance at uniques.

tripmines
Find

(10-16-2019, 01:21 AM)Smurfo Wrote:  -Look at what other servers are doing and take notes, there are a lot of successful servers out there right now like moat(whatever your opinion on moat is, you cant deny its the biggest server atm. and idk how its still up but somehow it is), crescent relaunched and it looks great and i'm sure they have a booming playerbase with lots of donations coming in.

Moat got big from sheer numbers of servers, scummy ping tactics, gambling, and lucky 'right place right time' advertising. Unfortunate, but true. GMOD went on sale and due to the ping spoofing, theirservers were at the top of the server browser for a huge influx of players. I was frankly stunned by the amount of 'new ttt players' that came from there, these players who didn't even know how to do basic binds. Blew my mind.

But keep in mind, I've been doing this since 2012. Moat himself was a long time player of my content, he took notes from me(and FRG/NTG), and in fact worked with my own code on NTG for a number of months before he started moat gaming TTT. He went in a different, more casual, more gamble-house/mindless direction (no offense). It worked, but that's not something I'd like to mimic, though I will admit I've seen a couple of nice QoL things from there. I'm proud of what I've done here.

My releases take time because I put a lot of thought and work in the things I do, I don't like to half ass throw out something in a couple of hours, and my new content isn't typically just item renames, also rarely do I re-use content for easy updates(I do it occasionally when I'm pressed for time). I could very well do that, but I've made literally thousands of things now.

About newer servers - anything new in the Inventory community will attract attention when enough people are talking about it - at first. I bet I could have a full server or two if I used my systems, gave it a new look, and hit the reset button and started up a few new servers using it, even while keeping some of the same items between them.

People crave that feeling of awe and everyone being on equal footing, when it's exciting to get stuff because no one knows much about anything available. That feeling fades over time, and that's where the true test is if your community will make it or not.

Just a couple of thoughts there, but to get back on topic: This thread isn't about competitor servers, I always just liked to do my own thing and didn't pay much attention to other servers, if they innovate something and take it to the next level, ttt wise, I'll be interested, but other than looking at better looking UI and maybe some QoL stuff, I just don't really care and would rather do my own thing like I've been doing for the past 7 years. Thanks for the input though.
Find

honestly i dont think even more events is kinda necessary, every time a new one comes out it creates a wave of loot changes and all this other shit and another event becomes not worth it/irrelevant
id almost rather there be global seasonal updates to all the other events, QoL or seasons to them where theyre changed up just enough for a fresh feel/added new uniques than a whole new event at this point

that would also allow a LOT more time to where the focus really needs to be, which is ttt
ttts been neglected and is always gonna be the catch for frg, the servers based around it no matter how many alternative gamemodes/events exist
ttt needs some love and some way bigger updates way more often imho (easier said than done but thats mainly cus of how much time/effort goes into these other projects)

- That Thrakos Noob