Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monthly Suggestion: Symbiotic Chain

Type: Misc Support item

Name: The Symbiotic Chain (Or Symbiote's Reach)

Looks/Visuals:
When not active:
- The item is a silver clean chain with a dark grey miasma affect around said chain and is held in hands... or not.
When Active:
-the user lassos the chain onto another player and uses E to swap between the buffs
-Each buff has a different color effect surrounding the chain
-All players can see the chain and who it is attached to and from.

Sounds:
- When Charging "The Chain" the sounds of chains can be heard by nearby players (I imagine that chain sound from RE:Zero if you know what I am referring to)
- When the chain is released at a player a thud sound is played.

Concept/functionality:
- Ideally, it would work similarly to the Medic's Quick Fix medigun in TF2 except for the buffs it applies are different.
- Targets players only
- The Item allows the user to heal AND overheal a player as well as apply 1 of any types of buff to both the user and target.
- The user and target both get the same buffs and overheal (So if the user applies mobility, the user can catch up with their target)
- The effects can be changed but only one can be active at a time: the different buffs the item can swap to are: Rate of Fire, Mobility, Healing, Damage, Damage Reduction, and Stability.
- Overheal provides an overheal of up to +200 health, but as soon as the "beam" is removed from a player the buffs and overheal are no removed.
-The item can stay active for as long as the user is alive.

Benefits to the user:
-Damage dealt by the target are also given to the user (meaning if in an event or TTT and you use this to buff an ally/player the dmg points and enemies killed apply to both the target and the user)
- The user and target both get the same buffs and overheal

Cons/or whatever you want to call this:
- If the target runs too far away from the user the Chain pulls the user with the target. (The target pulls the chain user around, like a grappling hook except you cant pull the target)
-Only can be used on one player at a time
- The misc can heal but only gives up to 30 health every 30 seconds
- Buffs and Overheal only apply if the beam is on a target
- The user cannot swap to other weapons if they are "beaming" a target
- Must be charged before each use so the user must be prepared when to use the Chain

I couldn't think of a good way to give detail on its looks other than how I described I could draw it, but think of a Wild west lasso, but instead of rope its a chain. This was also a quick concept I came up with so lmk what you think. It probably needs better balancing but is not too op.

EDITS:

Functionality:
- The Chain's buffs can stack with all other effects and duplicates of itself (So it can stack with war banner and other symbiotic chains)
{So yes if two players use the Chain on 1 player it stacks on that one player so Overheal AND rate of fire are applied to that player}
- Buffs applied also include: Accuracy, Jump Height, and Reload Speed
- Each Buff applies +30% of whatever the buff.
- If a target while overhealed  falls below 100% health and overheal is removed from the target, the target is left with 1% or 5% Health (HP)

Cons:
- The user in all cases, even when overheal is applied, the USER takes 10% more damage from all objects.

Visuals:
- I thought of something while taking a shower that it could look like VENOM slime from Spiderman/Venom and can include a variety of colors
- When attached to a target it pulsates and is a visually connected rope-like item. (Think of the pulsating Ganon Malice from Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild, I will attach an image)
-SIDE NOTE: I wanted to keep along with the futuristic theme from the beam sword and polarity but keep spooky with October so it looks like an alien-like goop; Call it Symbiotic Reach if you choose to go with this design  

-If you have seen the Venom Movie think about when Venom reaches goop form to attach to Brock or something

Look at the White and Black Colors on HIS right shoulder (top left side of the Image)

Find

I like the idea but another monthly revolved around healing seems iffy.
As in, it'd be more exciting to see a new mechanic implemented into the system or if the chain did something that wasn't essentially supportive and more on defense or offensive side.
Find

New monthly
ANIME MODEL
Find