Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scammed

(09-26-2019, 12:17 AM)Echidnah Wrote:  Third, he DID try to get a price check on his banner but no one responded so he it appears he assumed what was being told to him was true.

He could have not sold till he got a price check, i looked through disc for "banner" and he asked it once...at 8:30pm when the discord is dying down. literally could have held it until the next day.
(09-25-2019, 10:43 PM)Philip Wrote:  Mystery took advantage of him this to get this steal.
hrdly put no effort in this trade. i get no ill intentions from mystery in those screenshots.
Find

(09-26-2019, 12:43 AM)Smurfo Wrote:  hrdly put no effort in this trade. i get no ill intentions from mystery in those screenshots.
I am willing to disagree on this due to the fact he actively avoided pricing the banner. The only other one he missed as I stated was the polarity (this months). Along with him owning one and seemingly keeping tabs on every offer and price of each item he has it seems he just ignored the banners price other than its over 1 mil. I mean a saber he says is worth 1.5M plus ~70k coins thats straight profit if 1mil is a some underpay not the HALF PRICE it actually is. Now sure he should have done more research into the price but we have rules in cases like this where he can't find it in time if he feels he is being pressured into it or might feel like he is going to find a new one before he can get a price check. Look I can not know everthing happening at the time but its with the evidence given he mystery seems to be in the wrong. If new information comes to light showing that mystery didn't do such things I can't rightfully say that what he did doesn't fall under direct scamming.

(09-25-2019, 10:00 PM)Mystery Wrote:  -*What I knew*-
*I was offering a beam (worth up to ~1.5mil)
*I was willing to give adds up to 800k and they knew that.
*They was offering me an item worth 2mil to me.
*They are level 50+ (I expect them to be capable of checking prices and knowing prices)
*He WAS ok *WITH or WITHOUT* adds. (He as a party was fine with what they was getting)
*The value of the Trade was [1.5~2.3mil to a 2.0mil] trade.

-*What I didn't know*-
*He didn't know the price of banner

The trade was almost fair, 1.5 mil (FROM WHAT I WAS OFFERED) for a 2mil item imo, It's nice item but it has rare use because wand is a better pvp item.
I said I'd do a tradeback but I require other players to do a tradeback with me, this goes through multiple players besides just me and one other.

Edit: I offered to add a fools (800k), He was ok with or without the adds.

I don't think I should be held accountable for another level 50 player not checking the price of their item, Although it was a 1.5mil to 2mil item trade.
Essentially fair, just because you didn't accept my adds and have a better offer from PHILIP which is probably the entire reason you're doing this. Doesn't mean you can enforce a trade back.

Now let me tear this apart. You one did not even offer the fools in the trade or any adds OTHER than the coins as the fools world was mentioned after the trade went through. That is one lie in a response to a complaint already. What I didn't know he didn't know the price of the banner. Now for this one I direct EVERYONE TO THE FIRST PART OF THE FIRST SCREENSHOT as he responded that "nah i dont know those things". Yet again another lie in a response that wasn't even an afterthought. This breaks apart the fact that you KNEW the price and then KNEW he didn't. Guess what that't not all folks this literally is all you posted in that entire thing was about prices that YOU knew while knowing he didn't. As you never offered any adds before hand other than the coins, you didn't tell him the price despite you knowing it when he price checked, you added in what you would have put in as an after thought, and so where is your valid response to these glaring discrepancies? Hell, I am doing this knowing if he succeeds I will have a report on my hands from mozz for his last prayer back that I might even lose.
P.S. I'm not really a witness as I wasn't there when the trade went down. For all the people reading I implore you to draw you own conclusion with the information given.
Find

(09-25-2019, 10:29 PM)Mystery Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 10:24 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  Yes, Hrdly did take a bad trade, but it's partly on him that he didn't check the price. If you aren't sure of what something's worth, ask!
On the other side of the spectrum, Mystery isn't without blame. He knew he was getting a steal.

In his defense he did ask but no one responded to him so I told him; (In my opinion) Banner was worth about 2mil because it doesn't vary much use.
Zafkiel -> skip 1 possible down if you damage gate.
Horus -> Nope
Horus 2 -> Nope
Giant Spider -> Nope
Oxylus -> You can SOMETIMES skip a down, but you'd be about 30 seconds away from chipping him to death.
Jesus fucking christ, we have told you a MILLION times like literally on 5 different occasions I've told you his name is Tzadkiel! HOW HARD IS IT????

(09-25-2019, 10:20 PM)Mystery Wrote:  Yet you're the one telling him to complain about it, I'm almost positive.
Actually, its not Phillip who wanted him to do this it was me due to the nature of the entire trade ordeal.
Find

im normally bias when it comes to a report on mystery as i hate the guy and want him gone but ill put that aside and say this

in the first screen shot mystery said the 1m or the beam is "probably low ball tbh" but i can almost say with certainty that mystery KNEW the price of a banner before hand that price being 2m and intentionally made it seem like he didnt and said 1m was "probably low ball tbh" in other words saying it might or might not be as if he didnt know the price and as echidnah said he avoided saying the price of the banner and made it seem like he didnt know it while make hardly believe he knew prices and made it seem like he wasent bad at estimating the price of things by telling hardly the price of all other monthlys.

as toby said An ACTUAL scam would be something like this:

Lets say a level 3 drops hellfire, a scammer would message them like so: “Hey there bud, thats a nice drop you got there, i have this really rare pretty pink ak thats actually a bit overpay for it but im willing to give it to you for that hellfire because i really want one”

in this case hardly is the level 3 that dropped the hellfire and mystery is the one that offered a pretty pink and said it was actually abit over pay thus it is a scam
Find

this is still ongoing? tf? can we get a close on this?
I keep getting notifications and thinking they're on an more important more relevant topic.

(09-26-2019, 01:45 AM)NNNYYYTTTEEEMMMAAARRRTTT Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 10:29 PM)Mystery Wrote:  
(09-25-2019, 10:24 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  Yes, Hrdly did take a bad trade, but it's partly on him that he didn't check the price. If you aren't sure of what something's worth, ask!
On the other side of the spectrum, Mystery isn't without blame. He knew he was getting a steal.

In his defense he did ask but no one responded to him so I told him; (In my opinion) Banner was worth about 2mil because it doesn't vary much use.
Zafkiel -> skip 1 possible down if you damage gate.
Horus -> Nope
Horus 2 -> Nope
Giant Spider -> Nope
Oxylus -> You can SOMETIMES skip a down, but you'd be about 30 seconds away from chipping him to death.
Jesus fucking christ, we have told you a MILLION times like literally on 5 different occasions I've told you his name is Tzadkiel! HOW HARD IS IT????

VERY HARD ;_;
Find

my 2 cents
I'm gonna have to say Mystery did a scummy move but he didn't scam. You couldv'e messaged staff that were online or held off until tomorrow for price check and he did show you a price on beam sword, which if you use abit of logic it means banner worth alot more since it was first monthly. AND even if you didn't know it was first you shouldve atleast knew there are few banners then beam sword. which is ANOTHER reason its worth more. (again the item it self does nothing but oh well ppl are dumb and want shiny items). To be honest this MOSTLY on you dude, you rushed into accepting the deal and didn't have patients to wait and see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PRICING ON ITEM
I'm gonna be honest i think banner for 2 mil is a scam in its self, item is shit and orb of healing is better in TTT or events (only Super good in mammon). Most it should be 800k
beam swords only worth more cuz u can make rainbow and cuz its fun using it any and everywhere with it.
Find

You got good dealed out of like 30k, you'll be alright.
Find

(09-26-2019, 06:03 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  my 2 cents
I'm gonna have to say Mystery did a scummy move but he didn't scam. You couldv'e messaged staff that were online or held off until tomorrow for price check and he did show you a price on beam sword, which if you use abit of logic it means banner worth alot more since it was first monthly. AND even if you didn't know it was first you shouldve atleast knew there are few banners then beam sword. which is ANOTHER reason its worth more. (again the item it self does nothing but oh well ppl are dumb and want shiny items). To be honest this MOSTLY on you dude, you rushed into accepting the deal and didn't have patients to wait and see.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY PRICING ON ITEM
I'm gonna be honest i think banner for 2 mil is a scam in its self, item is shit and orb of healing is better in TTT or events (only Super good in mammon). Most it should be 800k
beam swords only worth more cuz u can make rainbow and cuz its fun using it any and everywhere with it.
Okay the rule itself states, "Trying to persuade someone a trade is fair when it is not, trying to take advantage of newcomers, or anything else along these lines may lead to a ban or inventory wipe.". The key point here is anything else along these lines. If a player just returned and got in a trade where two monthlies are on the line all being similar it would be okay but he doesn't know the sabers dropped more than banner and as such were valued less and for newcomers this would not even be possible. However, this would be parallel to the rule as he took advantage of someone who returned and didn't know the price. He can't even feign ignorance that he didn't know hrdly didn't know as showed by the chatlogs. While sure he may known that the banner was the first monthly or he may not have even thought about that. Also, 2m is a bit steep but that's still a price similar to current offers on them and even the price mystery used himself to price what he got after the fact.
Find

(09-25-2019, 10:28 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  Unfortunately as it states in the bottom text when you hit the accept button, all trades are final unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Key word in your last post was that you decided to assume. That’s on you, man.
Then using these exact words the scamming rule is entirely useless. As even in blatant scams like the prior hellfire to pretty pink is a perfectly valid trade as they agreed. If that little text overwrites the rules what's even the point of writing a rule against situations like this if anyone can just say "all trades are final". As far as I am concerned that is only a valid response in cases where one they asked for such a trade or in cases where it's clearly atleast an attempt at being a semi-equal trade. Look I know that the market and economy is made by the players and values can even chage from player to player. But, we have a rule to protect players in cases where scamming might be involved.