Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Scammed

(09-25-2019, 10:00 PM)Mystery Wrote:  -*What I knew*-
*I was offering a beam (worth up to ~1.5mil)
*I was willing to give adds up to 800k and they knew that.
*They was offering me an item worth 2mil to me.
*They are level 50+ (I expect them to be capable of checking prices and knowing prices)
*He WAS ok *WITH or WITHOUT* adds. (He as a party was fine with what they was getting)
*The value of the Trade was [1.5~2.3mil to a 2.0mil] trade.

-*What I didn't know*-
*He didn't know the price of banner

The trade was almost fair, 1.5 mil (FROM WHAT I WAS OFFERED) for a 2mil item imo, It's nice item but it has rare use because wand is a better pvp item.
I said I'd do a tradeback but I require other players to do a tradeback with me, this goes through multiple players besides just me and one other.

Edit: I offered to add a fools (800k), He was ok with or without the adds.

I don't think I should be held accountable for another level 50 player not checking the price of their item, Although it was a 1.5mil to 2mil item trade.
Essentially fair, just because you didn't accept my adds and have a better offer from PHILIP which is probably the entire reason you're doing this. Doesn't mean you can enforce a trade back.

Lol, First you wanted to buy MY banner. I never offered anything for just a beam, especially since I didn't know prices and was taking your word for it, trusting you that it was around same price.
Second, you only decided to tell me about adding 800k After we did the trade. You were saying how you could of added the fools world after we did the trade not before.
Third, like in the complaint I put up, I asked general discord for price of banner, no one said anything so I assumed it was around the same price because that is what you were giving off. When we finished the trade you were basically just showing off how you could of added in the fools world and you would've been ok with it, basically which means that you know you scammed me and I even said I'd take it from you but you said Nah and to buy it off you.
Like I said previously, I wasn't worried about it because I thought I was getting the same price range of my banner, otherwise this whole thing wouldn't have started. All I want is my banner that is all, you get your stuff back, I get mine. That is all.
Also, why now are you saying that the banner is worth 2 mil and didn't tell me about it. Makes no sense. And at the time you said the lime beamsword was 1.1/1.2 or so, so why now is it 1.5 ?
Find

Yes, Hrdly did take a bad trade, but it's partly on him that he didn't check the price. If you aren't sure of what something's worth, ask!
On the other side of the spectrum, Mystery isn't without blame. He knew he was getting a steal.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Unfortunately as it states in the bottom text when you hit the accept button, all trades are final unless explicitly mentioned otherwise. Key word in your last post was that you decided to assume. That’s on you, man.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(09-25-2019, 10:24 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  Yes, Hrdly did take a bad trade, but it's partly on him that he didn't check the price. If you aren't sure of what something's worth, ask!
On the other side of the spectrum, Mystery isn't without blame. He knew he was getting a steal.

In his defense he did ask but no one responded to him so I told him; (In my opinion) Banner was worth about 2mil because it doesn't vary much use.
Zafkiel -> skip 1 possible down if you damage gate.
Horus -> Nope
Horus 2 -> Nope
Giant Spider -> Nope
Oxylus -> You can SOMETIMES skip a down, but you'd be about 30 seconds away from chipping him to death.

Ok so from screenshot 1 mystery is not lying with the prices of the monthlies and he also offers around 1m and follows with "probably lowball" which is true. Screenshot 3 you ask "which is more worth it for banner" and mystery says "lime is definitely more" which is true...lime is a more desirable color than yellow. Screenshot 4 mystery asks "did you bother to price check the banner?" and you follow it up with "its all good and no". Honestly this just seems like you rushed a trade without bothering to find the price of an item and now your wanting more or a trade back. You agreed to the trade without bothering to find the price of your item. Just take the loss my dude and learn from this.
Find

(09-25-2019, 10:30 PM)Smurfo Wrote:  Ok so from screenshot 1 mystery is not lying with the prices of the monthlies and he also offers around 1m and follows with "probably lowball" which is true. Screenshot 3 you ask "which is more worth it for banner" and mystery says "lime is definitely more" which is true...lime is a more desirable color than yellow. Screenshot 4 mystery asks "did you bother to price check the banner?" and you follow it up with "its all good and no". Honestly this just seems like you rushed a trade without bothering to find the price of an item and now your wanting more or a trade back. You agreed to the trade without bothering to find the price of your item. Just take the loss my dude and learn from this.

Mystery took advantage of him this to get this steal. If mystery offered the fools plus the beam from the get go then this wouldnt have happened. Also I want to point out another offer he gave on a banner.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

(09-25-2019, 10:30 PM)Smurfo Wrote:  Ok so from screenshot 1 mystery is not lying with the prices of the monthlies and he also offers around 1m and follows with "probably lowball" which is true. Screenshot 3 you ask "which is more worth it for banner" and mystery says "lime is definitely more" which is true...lime is a more desirable color than yellow. Screenshot 4 mystery asks "did you bother to price check the banner?" and you follow it up with "its all good and no". Honestly this just seems like you rushed a trade without bothering to find the price of an item and now your wanting more or a trade back. You agreed to the trade without bothering to find the price of your item. Just take the loss my dude and learn from this.

I did ask. I asked general for price and no one said anything. I asked before I even did the trade.
Find

All these recent scam reports are retarded as fuck

Getting the worse end of a trade due to YOU not checking on stuff is not a scam, thats just you having buyer’s remorse.

An ACTUAL scam would be something like this:

Lets say a level 3 drops hellfire, a scammer would message them like so: “Hey there bud, thats a nice drop you got there, i have this really rare pretty pink ak thats actually a bit overpay for it but im willing to give it to you for that hellfire because i really want one”

Purposely convincing someone who is COMPLETELY ignorant to any prices at all would be a scam, now you being a fairly high level should know better than to accept a trade without asking around, and even if you did ask around and nobody answered you, you should have waited to hear more offers to get a feel on the item’s worth

At this point you guys are just purposely witching hunting this guy.

Well this post is kinda solved, I'm willing to sell him one of my items possibly for underpay, in hopes that the underpay closes the gap so that he receives an item of value. (Already spoke to him about this)

EVEN THOUGH I do not have to do this I feel that it'd make it more fair on his side.

(09-25-2019, 10:43 PM)Philip Wrote:  

Mystery took advantage of him this to get this steal. If mystery offered the fools plus the beam from the get go then this wouldnt have happened. Also I want to point out another offer he gave on a banner.

that was light pink+yellow, and it was a huge offer to see if they'd take it.
I do that a lot and I'll consider the offer like everyone else would.
Find

Okay first things first looking through logs you literally avoided mentioning the price of the banner (The only monthly you DIDN'T say the price of other than the banner is the polarity). Secondly, you never offered any more that what you gave in any of the chat logs given if I am wrong then just send me a screenshot or something. Third, he DID try to get a price check on his banner but no one responded so he it appears he assumed what was being told to him was true. Fourth, The person who made sure the extra was even okay WAS HIM due to you being vague with the prices. I'm going to have to disagree with toby here. With the information given about the trade this appears to be a scam to me. If there is evidence to prove you offered more initially and he declined I would say sure this is an okay if scummy trade but with all the evidence given I would classify it as a scam due to the fact that you were the only source of prices that he was able to get so he probably thought you were reputable enough seeing as you do won three light sabers.

I find your lack of reading kinda appalling as it says its good and no but then his response was that people wouldn't answer the price check. Mystery asking this seems to be POST-trade as mystery says "now should I point this out ._." (what using context I can only assume is what the response of no is to) especially seeing as the trade took place at guess what 11:52:02.
Find