Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PSA to you forum lurkers

(07-18-2019, 11:53 AM)spades Wrote:  
(07-18-2019, 07:54 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  forums doesn't need to be active just the community. which discord provides that. ( mostly spam but whatever)

harder for people to evenly participate in discord. whoever talks more gets the attention, since you can just drown out other people's messages. to the point where most people dont bother commenting and its the same people talking.
Not including the literal flood of meme images, emoticons and other garbage. Its almost like you can take the useful and intelligent group conversations an IRC channel provides, and then crack up the cancer to 11. Its ridiculous. It should be moderated better.

(07-18-2019, 02:37 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(07-18-2019, 07:54 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  forums doesn't need to be active just the community. which discord provides that. ( mostly spam but whatever)

harder for people to evenly participate in discord. whoever talks more gets the attention, since you can just drown out other people's messages. to the point where most people dont bother commenting and its the same people talking.
Not including the literal flood of meme images, emoticons and other garbage. Its almost like you can take the useful and intelligent group conversations an IRC channel provides, and then crack up the cancer to 11. Its ridiculous. It should be moderated better.
Lol what are you? The fun police? Every time I've been on discord and participated in conversation it has been a blast and I think it's really fun. Forums, in a way, is the more moderated content and that is fine. Stop being a fun sponge. There are multiple channels in the discord for other serious talk as well which is also moderated. Just check it out and actually participate and stop being salty.
Find

(07-18-2019, 03:06 PM)Kcat Wrote:  
(07-18-2019, 02:37 PM)Terran Wrote:  

Lol what are you? The fun police? Every time I've been on discord and participated in conversation it has been a blast and I think it's really fun. Forums, in a way, is the more moderated content and that is fine. Stop being a fun sponge. There are multiple channels in the discord for other serious talk as well which is also moderated. Just check it out and actually participate and stop being salty.

Terran has a poor way of saying things but I agree with him. What he was trying to say is that it's hard to keep up with discord. When we didn't have a discord I read every forum thread and every reply on those threads. With discord there is way more activity and there's no way I'm going to go through all of that. Especially when a majority of it is memes and useless stuff I don't need/care to see.

Just use both? Use forums where you want civilized discussions and actual meaningful feedback on posts and such and hang in discord for banter and a more social aspect of the community.
Find

(07-18-2019, 04:11 PM)NNNYYYTTTEEEMMMAAARRRTTT Wrote:  Just use both? Use forums where you want civilized discussions and actual meaningful feedback on posts and such and hang in discord for banter and a more social aspect of the community.

The problem is that not everyone has that mindset. Most people only use discord now and disregard the forums. I don't think we are asking for anything to be done we are basically just crying. WE NEED A PLACE TO CRY OKAY?!?! =,,,,,,,,,,,,(((((((((((((
Find

(07-18-2019, 04:25 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(07-18-2019, 04:11 PM)NNNYYYTTTEEEMMMAAARRRTTT Wrote:  Just use both? Use forums where you want civilized discussions and actual meaningful feedback on posts and such and hang in discord for banter and a more social aspect of the community.

The problem is that not everyone has that mindset. Most people only use discord now and disregard the forums. I don't think we are asking for anything to be done we are basically just crying. WE NEED A PLACE TO CRY OKAY?!?! =,,,,,,,,,,,,(((((((((((((

yeah the only way to stay updated now is to use discord actively and it sucks for us old time folk and we cant accept it. Cry
It's just that in general chat in discord is where some info is released by Brass and a lot of the behind the scenes discussion happens and it feels like it requires a lot more dedication if you want to stay in the know than years back when you could just check all the new posts on the forums and you wouldn't be missing out on anything. But i understand using discord, its simpler and feels more casual so people are more encouraged to get involved in conversations and such, i just miss when i could browse the forums and stay caught up on everything Sad
Find

It's much easier for me to jot down changes as soon as I make them to a changelog section than post an entire new thread on the forums. There's been a ton of changes over the years that were simply not documented, or posted on the forums super late, simply because how much of a hassle it is/how easy it is to forget something minor.

That's pretty much why I use changelogs, but for more detailed patchnotes, the forums is the way to go. I still prefer the forums over discord for suggestions, or serious discussions, but discord is handy for some discussions because it's all in realtime. It's much easier to get your thoughts across, much more quickly, simply because it's real-time. But yeah, if you weren't there for it, you might not know to look for it, and miss it entirely.

I tend to keep up with it, and scroll back to messages I missed incase I missed something important, but typically it's not a big deal to miss some stuff. It also feels like an easier way for me to interact with the community, and get to know people, especially cause I don't really play TTT much.

i hate the forums, but acknowledge they're useful for some things. doesn't feel like such a commitment to talk to people, post thoughts, and have fun. these forums don't provide that.
Find

I post on forums everyday! Smile
Find

I'm trying to use forums more cause I need a way to vent my creative side cause I can't do much in gaming since I can't code, model, etc and I want to pursue a career in Chemistry. I have ideas outside of chemistry and I need a way to just put it down and hope someone uses it even though some of the things I suggest may be too much effort to implement ;-; although i would consider drawing out designs since I'm not too shitty at drawing or drafting, but unsure.
Also sucks when no one at least puts some form of response on a suggestion of any kind. I love reading what people say about my suggestions even though it burns my soul when someone no like Tongue