Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove Despair from Rats in Grims

I agree. Remove despair, replace with engraved. Yes?

No thanks, engraved is possibly the worst proc in existence.
Find

can we make all enemies proc engraved to make it fair
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

(07-09-2019, 04:08 PM)ᵉᵈᶠMini Cosmic Wrote:  can we make all enemies proc engraved to make it fair

I approve. I already got proced with engraved 1000 times and it doesn’t bother me, plus it adds more rng the more you get proced
Find

(07-09-2019, 04:02 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I agree. Remove despair, replace with engraved. Yes?

(07-08-2019, 11:43 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  replace it with any DoT that doesn't RAPE the eyes of whoever gets hit with it.
Find

make them do Bloodwynds screen bleed attack
Umpty Dumpty

i'm so frustrated in general by this change, which came out of nowhere, in addition to the new 4th pillar difficulty mountain, and was initially a passing comment by kuro.
the change does not add difficulty. it makes playing grims a chore where I know I am going to have my retinas burned out. It is one of the main reasons that I do not like playing Grims now.
the damage is minimal. there is no reason to make players get effectively jumpscared with an intense, bright screen effect by an insanely common mob that can spawn ON the objective you're protecting, under your feet, etc.
If you wanted to make them have a DoT, you could add bleed.
If you wanted them to make visibility lower, you could add a coal launcher effect.
Despair being on the rats makes no thematic sense, doesn't make sense gameplay wise, and only serves to make people frustrated with playing an event rather than incentivizing it, and to anyone who says "just don't get hit by rats," you are both missing the point, being facetious and likely still get hit by rats on the runs you go on.
Find

I never planned on keeping it around for too long. More of a meme than an actual permanent feature(it actually being despair anyways). Kuro suggested it, and I do like the idea of rats being more of a danger than just direct damage (thus aids screen), but knew 100000% no one would want to keep despair rats around. Seeing the reactions was well worth it though.

I do want to change them to be a threat as stated before, without making them deal too much damage. Could be a mobility decrease, or firerate decrease, or some kind of debuff, ontop of ~10 damage.
Find

(07-10-2019, 01:25 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  i'm so frustrated in general by this change, which came out of nowhere, in addition to the new 4th pillar difficulty mountain, and was initially a passing comment by kuro.
the change does not add difficulty. it makes playing grims a chore where I know I am going to have my retinas burned out. It is one of the main reasons that I do not like playing Grims now.
the damage is minimal. there is no reason to make players get effectively jumpscared with an intense, bright screen effect by an insanely common mob that can spawn ON the objective you're protecting, under your feet, etc.
If you wanted to make them have a DoT, you could add bleed.
If you wanted them to make visibility lower, you could add a coal launcher effect.
Despair being on the rats makes no thematic sense, doesn't make sense gameplay wise, and only serves to make people frustrated with playing an event rather than incentivizing it, and to anyone who says "just don't get hit by rats," you are both missing the point, being facetious and likely still get hit by rats on the runs you go on.

I'm happy about changes in general or a general difficulty increase as long as it's reasonable for the reward.

In the case of despair being too strong to the point it is too physically painful or impossible to see for people who are colorblind as you guys are pointing out I'd agree with a rework to the suffix in general. I think it's a bit overdramatic to call it a "jumpscare", I'm unsure of what you see when you're despaired but it's definitely not the same as bloodwynds inverse color attack. To me it's much darker, especially in the pillar area it's not bright at all. Not sure if my game or monitor settings play any part in it.

Bleed as a DoT would be pointless and it ends up making it even easier with a resistance crystal. The vision impairment of despair really does make a difference and should make you want to target rats immediately/ wear a resistance crystal at least that is the intention.

It doesn't make any sense to say it doesn't make thematic sense and suggest the coal launcher effect the line above.
I think it makes absolute gameplay sense to make you want to avoid the enemy which you should be doing.
The incentive should be the absolute crazy amount of loot you get from it in proportion to the much lower effort and sadly the balancing in difficulty is behind on that.

I'm definitely happy to keep ideas bouncing around in the hopes they get implemented. I'm glad that grims got some much needed love in the form of some changes and would like to see more.

what if they took away your ammo
OR
what if they were boomerats and disarmed u

- That Thrakos Noob
Find