Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

IronGuy Unban Request

I'm at a loss for words at how you managed to get banned within the same day you got unbanned. I don't think you should've gotten perma banned since you said it with no harmful intent. But like you gotta really work on not yelling out words you shouldn't. So I'll leave you this

Find

Golden usually act this way, even on ntg he was quite a nice guy

Rather than perma I'd say a reduction to a month ban is more than reasonable enough to let hopefully get the joke out of his system and maybe learn to not get as heated
Find

Man you suck at this.

Anyways, in my opinion I think you should be unbanned but I do think you should take some precautions when you're on server.
If you think you're going to say the word, don't press your mic button/or mute yourself and say it out loud.
And in worse case scenario, unbind your talk key and use text chat for a while, then when you think you're ready to start talking, rebind it.
Find

(07-08-2019, 09:13 AM)Dylan Wrote:  
(07-08-2019, 07:29 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  dude seriously? i thought this thread was a joke when i first saw it. cmon man, im extremely disappointed in you. its not that hard to not say the n word in game.

well yeah, i still dont think people should be banned for saying it, but even if i dont agree with a rule doesnt mean i can just ignore it. its the concept of disregarding our rules is what im disappointed at, not the word he used
Find

it's a hilarious and sad piece of irony that you get re-banned the same night you got un-banned for the exact same reason.
I don't agree with a permanent ban at all, because it IS just a word, in a server where you can more or less say everything under the sun.
I think your intent mattered here, too, because like terran said, you didn't say the word to be legitimately racist.
I agree with making the ban a couple weeks, at most.
please stop getting banned. we like you.

I was going to come here and make a long post but judging by the consensus of everyone else it doesn't seem to be needed. I'm for Ironguy being unbanned or at the very most having his ban shortened to whatever the staff deem necessary. I was online during the incident and luckily not many were online and all of those that were online to my knowledge seemed to be adults so I'm hoping that this can weigh into the decision as well. Iron does need to work on his vocabulary slips but he is overall a nice member of the community who I don't feel used the word he did in a racist way. +1
Find

The real question is was literally anyone negatively effected by any of GoldenGuy's actions? If not I literally don't understand why he should be banned. Intent and if there is someone negatively affected or not should be what decides someone deserves a ban. Not just because it hits an arbitrary checklist. Isn't this type of stuff why things like gag literally exist as a punishment in the first place? This just seems like the single most asinine permaban I've seen on here. I don't think a single person in the community feels it's actually any better off with him banned for this.
Find

Lmfaooooo. I couldn't care less about the word but that's a hilariously idiotic mistake. You just got banned for the same reason. I definitely don't want to see you permanently banned by any means, i enjoy playing with you, but if we don't perma/month ban you and let this slide then we would need to rethink our rules a bit/the punishments for saying the word, at least in my opinion.

I have known Ironguy for a while now and knowing him as a friend he will tend to slip up ,but If we unban him then we will have to relook into the racism rule and redo the rule itself making the rule now way different but I will have to stay neutral in this unban request.
Find

1)man's not even toxic
2)why should anyone care if he said the n word
3)man's clearly not actually racist
+1 unban this man
Find