THEFINALRICK - Unban Request

Sad 
Steam Name (Current): THEFINALRICK

Steam Name (During incident): THEFINALRICK

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:81990998

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mosaticon/

Name of staff you were banned by: Black Parade

Length of the ban: Permanent

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Shortened.

Reason for ban: Toxicity, Inappropriate Behavior, Staff Disrespect, Player Disrespect

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yes

What really happened?: This was the final event that culminated my time on the server into a permanent blacklist:
It was a video from the perspective of Black Parade of me being mad after losing in Zombie Survival and calling whoever was playing as the tickle monster a f*cking f*g. After the clip ended I went offline to cool down, and when I tried to get on the next day I was permanently banned. This, however, is not all I have been banned for on this server, as many of you know. Links to all of my previous ban appeals are down below, but if you don't feel like looking through them they all, even though you should for context, they mostly all resulted from my toxicity, and all bring up good points.

It has been six months since my ban from this server on January 23rd 2019, and I deeply regret how disrespectful I was. Everybody knows that I was toxic and not fun to be around, and they would be correct in their views, but I write this asking for another chance. I know asking for another chance is rich coming from me, the guy who has had the most chances on the server, and will probably remain with that title for a while, and I know I probably don't deserve it, but I have not seen many of my friends that play this server in a while, and I would love to be able to play with them on it again. I have never been good with conveying my feelings, but what I feel when someone mentions FRG is sad and guilty. I had fun on here, but most of my fun was at the expense of others, berating and insulting other players because I thought it was funny with my twisted sense of humor, but I was severely mistaken. Over these six months I have come to the cold realization of how awful I was to other people, and how my actions effect other people as I as I lose more and more friends that I knew over the years. I know I should have come to this realization like two or three bans ago, but I didn't, and spending half a year off the server showed me how much I missed playing on it and interacting with the community, I only wish my interactions would have had a positive and not a negative effect, and I had been a nicer person to you all. After sitting out for half a year I realized how negative I always was. I always found something to nitpick or something to complain about or berate, so I have been trying to be more positive in my outlook and my interactions with other people.

Apologies:
The Staff: I wasted your time with countless complaints, insults, and dumb reports, and i'm sorry for being a burden with what I could have avoided just by being nice. I never reflected on anything I did and never thought about what hurt my words could bring to others.
Unpoke: I was always quick to anger with you for reasons relating to the first oracle and my beginnings on the server, but I should have let it go when the other party involved told me to let it go. I didn't, and I never apologized to you for being a dick for no fault of your own. I always made jokes about you but I didn't realize you took offense to them and I am sorry for that, as well as all the rude words I directed your way.
Alex Summers: I used to give you a lot of shit before I realized you were a cool guy and were just following the rules of the server. I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you when I first joined but I think we were able to become friends towards the end of my time on the server.
MicroBoss: I didn't see you on the server that much but when I did I insulted you, and I apologize for that.
Beebee: I was probably the worst towards you BeeBee. I never liked you because I thought you hated me, and at the time I couldn't see why you hated me, but now I see it clear as day. I never ceased to insult and berate you and your actions on the server, and you were and still are fully justified in wanting nothing to do with me.
Tobias: I constantly berated and hated you, even insulting you after you tried to balance an item you had made for the better of the server, just because it negatively effected me. I would like to apologize to you for all the verbal shit I flung in your direction, because all of it was unjustified. You are a cool guy and I hated on you because I thought you hated me, but just like Beebee, you had every reason to, and it was my own actions that caused your dislike of me.
As well as anyone else I insulted or made fun of for no reason but to detriment my own character.

Additional details:
My Previous Ban Appeals
1st Appeal A week ban for toxicity. It was forever ago but I think I was being rude to SP1D3R, and I probably deserved it because I was being a dickhead.
2nd Appeal In this one I got banned for toxicity, and also a bad joke I made about "code stealing," because at the time me having an old gmod server I used to run was a running joke for people that knew me. I also mentioned my shoutbox ban, which was for filling the shoutbox with as many W's as I could and then sending the message, because I wanted to test if it had a character limit. It did not.
3rd Appeal In this one I got a week ban for telling fancy to f*ck off in admin chat. (For context, he couldn't read admin chat as he was a member+. :facepalm:) (This was a dumb ban appeal. I probably deserved more time for what I did and there was no point to even making the thread.)
4th Appeal This appeal is for this same ban, but it was only like two months after the ban, way too soon as I hadn't reflected on anything, or had the time to.

TL;DR: I'm sorry for being so disrespectful to everyone on the server, players and staff alike, and I have tried to reflect on my toxicity and be a nicer person over the half a year I have been banned.

Honestly just unban rick at this point. I honestly couldn't stand you for a long time due to your toxicity but I defo think you've mellowed out and I truly hope that you can get unbanned and show us all some positive change.
That's pretty much all 6 months is enough.

+1 I've been in contact with Rick for the entire 6 month period he has been banned. His sense of humor hasn't changed, but he became way more mellow and less toxic to everyone he comes across. He genuinely feels sorry for everything he's done and has dedicated a lot of his time and effort into his inventory and the community as a whole. It's not like you can't re-ban him if he does something wrong, either. He's a great man that had enough time to reflect on his sins and I would be glad to get my best buddy back.

I don't mind what happens to you, rather you get banned or unbanned but you had many chances to improve.

This was Brass said in a different post

Quote:Well I guess since somehow you were magically unbanned, we are going to give you one last chance.

But any toxic behavior we see will result in a final perma ban. With no chance to appeal.

If he stays true to his word, then I don't think you're be able to join back. You also at one point while banned went into discord and started an argument with everyone, mainly about tobias using his weapons spawned in. Then when muted you rejoin the discord to avoid it but then banned by Unpoke [Unpoke needs to confirm this, I might be wrong].

Please also include about dissing the server in this appeal, cause many times throughout discord and in-game you disrespected many things about our server.

I wish the best of luck to you though. I hope you truly changed, you seem like you have when we dm each other.

Rick, thank you for your apology and I accept it.
BUT, you had way to many chances, failed all of them, and this is literally your fourth ban.
I'm glad you're owning up to all of the toxicity, but it is too little too late. You should have done this on your second or third appeal.

Anyway the rest is a copy and paste from the last appeal.

He has been banned 4 times for toxicity, two of which are permas.
On Rick's 2nd ban Brass said,
Brassx Wrote:
Well I guess since somehow you were magically unbanned, we are going to give you one last chance.

But any toxic behavior we see will result in a final perma ban. With no chance to appeal.

He is a repeat offender. He was been warned multiple times, from actual warnings from Unpoke and we can say the bans are a warning too.

I feel like we gave him plenty of chances to be a decent person, we gave him specific things to work on (Not insulting players or berating folks doing their job), and if really wanted to be part of this community then one ban (Maybe 2 bans) should have been enough.

(07-08-2019, 10:04 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Rick, thank you for your apology and I accept it.
BUT, you had way to many chances, failed all of them, and this is literally your fourth ban.
I'm glad you're owning up to all of the toxicity, but it is too little too late. You should have done this on your second or third appeal.

Anyway the rest is a copy and paste from the last appeal.

He has been banned 4 times for toxicity, two of which are permas.
On Rick's 2nd ban Brass said,
Brassx Wrote:
Well I guess since somehow you were magically unbanned, we are going to give you one last chance.

He is a repeat offender. He was been warned multiple times, from actual warnings from Unpoke and we can say the bans are a warning too.

I feel like we gave him plenty of chances to be a decent person, we gave him specific things to work on (Not insulting players or berating folks doing their job), and if really wanted to be part of this community then one ban (Maybe 2 bans) should have been enough.

I completely agree with this statement, you had too many chances to change and you refused to do so and it got you into this situation.

I cannot support an unban for any reason at all.

http://prntscr.com/occg6v

+1 its a video game, he obviously cares about having another chance, if you deny he's just gunna keep trying. You people act like it takes that much effort to type !perma rick toxic man if he acts up again

(07-08-2019, 11:10 PM)Mousey Wrote:  +1 its a video game, he obviously cares about having another chance, if you deny he's just gunna keep trying. You people act like it takes that much effort to type !perma rick toxic man if he acts up again

basically this.

with gage getting unbanned for a similar reason, but with less overall infractions/bans, under the reason of it being relatively easy to re-ban him if he slips up again, it seems unlikely that Rick should stay banned. Hell, McNuggie did WAY worse back when he was banned the first time (even threatened with legal action), but he showed through multiple ban appeals and retries that he was ready for another chance and he stayed that one out very well. Rick has made four different ban appeals, and it's ridiculous to keep anyone permabanned off FRG if they:

1) have shown and expressed repeated, continued interest in the server over a long period of being banned
2) didn't really break any game/server affecting rules

Ultimately, if rick is "toxic" to people again... just ban him?

(07-08-2019, 11:18 PM)DONGERWEED29266602592O38523097 Wrote:  
(07-08-2019, 11:10 PM)Mousey Wrote:  +1 its a video game, he obviously cares about having another chance, if you deny he's just gunna keep trying. You people act like it takes that much effort to type !perma rick toxic man if he acts up again

basically this.

with gage getting unbanned for a similar reason, but with less overall infractions/bans, under the reason of it being relatively easy to re-ban him if he slips up again, it seems unlikely that Rick should stay banned. Hell, McNuggie did WAY worse back when he was banned the first time (even threatened with legal action), but he showed through multiple ban appeals and retries that he was ready for another chance and he stayed that one out very well. Rick has made four different ban appeals, and it's ridiculous to keep anyone permabanned off FRG if they:

1) have shown and expressed repeated, continued interest in the server over a long period of being banned
2) didn't really break any game/server affecting rules

Ultimately, if rick is "toxic" to people again... just ban him?

Not anything to do with my personal opinion on this particular appeal, but Gage's ban appeal and THEFINALRICK's are very different as they have very different history on the server.
Gage hasn't ever received a ban or any kind of official punishment prior to his incident, that was the main reason his ban sentence was lightened (and even then, he was still banned for four months). Rick on the other hand has been banned SEVERAL times and has received dozens upon dozens of warnings for toxicity throughout many different incidents.

Being banned for toxicity over a course of time isn't as easy as "if he's toxic again, just ban him." It's a process where we have to consider how much they've been toxic, if what they've said is toxic enough to warrant punishment, how to ban him/how long, etc, and as such it ALWAYS becomes controversial.
You're saying if he keeps being toxic, just ban him, but we've tried that... he has four other ban appeals for the same reason... That kind of behavior ruins the fun for the server's playerbase, it IS harmful to just let people who keep being banned for toxicity to come back, especially when there's no real good reason to let them back.

(Nuggie's ban reason was also quite different as a lot of it, including the legal action stuff, was caused by interactions that happened off-server and privately among a select few.)

It's really important to consider just how many chances somebody has and what's better for the server.

- That Thrakos Noob