Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Snowglobe

I was gonna keep bumpin' the other like 3-4 threads that addressed snowglobe changes over the past couple of years but I really didn't like the idea in most of them anymore.
Nothing's really great about the Snowglobe as a lot of you know (or may not know since nobody really uses it).

What it does:
You activate it, it gives you a giant snow-blizzard bubble type thing. From that, you can't change weapons* and anyone that touches the blizzard gets their health leeched and their speed leeched. You also get lowgrav while you're holding it and it's active.
* You can drop the globe on the ground, take out your weapon, and pick it back up to use a weapon with it active, but it doesn't recharge in this state.

People keep suggesting ways to buff its current ability and all that, but really with stuff like the War Banner which gives mobility out and miscs like Shurikens and Grimoires and of course the Boomerang, it doesn't stand much of a chance.
I would consider the Snowglobe a high-risk type item now being that you have to get a Flashback, use 40k to open it in hopes of getting one of the godlikes that are "worthwhile" (although almost all of them are), and I don't really know what's seen as worse, the Snowglobe or a basic Eveningstar at that point. Either way, it's an absolute loss.

I can't think of anything that would top this directly with what it does now, so I suggest that it just gets completely revamped. I'd love to see it turn into a support item, nothing about "Snowglobe" screams something that should be deadly.
I love the idea of shaking it to do something, I'm not sure what, but anything. If it were a better Orb of Christmas in that sense where it healed in AoE, maybe snowfall would surround the user when they shake it and the snow can hit a player and grant them health, that would be plenty, alongside of some other stat buffs? Multi-use miscs are always welcome, especially since it's the only misc obtainable in the Flashback as of right now.

Pls like comment and subscribe if you enjoyed this idea Smile see you next time

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

I see no reason to make this a support item since we've already got the caliburn and now warbanner within a month, one of which already being a misc support item. It makes no sense to completely change it and waste dev time on a godlike Orb of Christmas with aesthetic changes. This could bring up a point to make an always obtainable item like it so we don't just have a limited time healing support item. It honestly just needs to have weapon swap enabled and make it slightly more visible to see out of while keeping it harder to see into.

Just drop it to swap weapon LUL
Find

(05-21-2019, 02:35 AM)Ace Wrote:  I see no reason to make this a support item since we've already got the caliburn and now warbanner within a month, one of which already being a misc support item. It makes no sense to completely change it and waste dev time on a godlike Orb of Christmas with aesthetic changes. This could bring up a point to make an always obtainable item like it so we don't just have a limited time healing support item. It honestly just needs to have weapon swap enabled and make it slightly more visible to see out of while keeping it harder to see into.

I agree there needs to be more healing support items, but I don't know why you bothered asking for one to be released right after saying there's been too many in a row... Support items are a new and growing weapon type in FRG that are very welcome, I think there's room for a lot of varieties of them being added into the game.
I just can't imagine any other usable function the Snowglobe could have. It definitely needs to do something other than what it does now - it sucks. I don't think allowing you to scroll is enough either, it's the ability itself that just sucks.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-21-2019, 09:45 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(05-21-2019, 02:35 AM)Ace Wrote:  I see no reason to make this a support item since we've already got the caliburn and now warbanner within a month, one of which already being a misc support item. It makes no sense to completely change it and waste dev time on a godlike Orb of Christmas with aesthetic changes. This could bring up a point to make an always obtainable item like it so we don't just have a limited time healing support item. It honestly just needs to have weapon swap enabled and make it slightly more visible to see out of while keeping it harder to see into.

I agree there needs to be more healing support items, but I don't know why you bothered asking for one to be released right after saying there's been too many in a row... Support items are a new and growing weapon type in FRG that are very welcome, I think there's room for a lot of varieties of them being added into the game.
I just can't imagine any other usable function the Snowglobe could have. It definitely needs to do something other than what it does now - it sucks. I don't think allowing you to scroll is enough either, it's the ability itself that just sucks.

idk man have you seen people run around after dropping it and picking back up and just mow everyone down by running up to them and spraying?
its pretty good if u use it like that, I think allowing weapon swap w/ it still active and maybe a slightly faster recharge would be just fine.
Find

Giving it a good utility instead of it being a cheese strat item to mow people down would be nice
Find

I'm gonna have to disagree with this.

It needs a buff, not a rework.

this ain't it.
Find