Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Map challenges on easy and mediums clues

(05-20-2019, 05:28 AM)Terran Wrote:  I'm still all for the map voting, I personally go absolutely nutty over having to wait a week to get a map that I need. You could just lower how common map challenges are?

For once.. im gonna agree with terran (Dont smite me with lightning)
But that also raises the issue of what do you replace them with? Sliders are easy mode (Solvers work wonders) and obviously scrambles are easy too. Its almost like we need a 3rd random thing that isnt map challenges or kill challenges.
Maybe something like a daily challenge type? Example: Fall damage survive. Or maybe infuse it into lobby stuff such as Beat WQ within par time (Achivement time of like 1Min 20), sell 400$ worth of fish. Im just tossing ideas out there
Vanished from life
Find

why not just add more maps to the scrolls

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(05-20-2019, 05:22 AM)Brassx Wrote:  First the problem was "It took me 6 days to complete my map challenge", Now it's "Maps from challenges happen too often".

Map challenges aren't being removed without a proper replacement, as TJ stated, they are 100% needed, so choose which you'd prefer. Waiting days to complete a step, or playing on what's typically a popular map to begin with? Doesn't really matter to me.

However, the maps played analytics do not really match up with your claims. There are far more other maps than challenge maps that are played through out the day.

(imagine I removed for this quote.)

(Some of the time spikes are due to the server idling on said map)

There's not really a solution other than replacing map challenges with something just as tedious/time consuming. I'm all for suggestions. We toned down kill challenges due to your complaints, made map challenges easier, due to your relentless complaints about them. What ever comes next, I'm sure there will be complaints as well. It never ends. Making the input a random chance doesn't change it in the end, because it's already like that behind the scenes (1/4).

But why are challenge maps needed for easy and medium scrolls? The loot you get from those usually isn't anything special and now with the new system in place, to show your map if you type the name in correctly, map challenges take no time at all. I have a harder time getting a set amount of kills. (although that could just be because I'm bad.)
Find

(05-20-2019, 08:37 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  But why are challenge maps needed for easy and medium scrolls? The loot you get from those usually isn't anything special and now with the new system in place, to show your map if you type the name in correctly, map challenges take no time at all. I have a harder time getting a set amount of kills. (although that could just be because I'm bad.)

Idk what you're talking about. 100k for the rune at the moment is pretty special for how common easy and mediums are. Considering most people are going to do them for runes for their higher chests, regardless of map challenge or not, that's a good use of increasing time. Over time, they'll go down to a more reasonable price, meaning less value. It's still going to be a good value overall for how easy they are to complete as well. It's pretty reasonable as to why you have a harder time for kills. There's no guarantee to get kills, even when you spend 3k on the market for a single round.
Find

(05-20-2019, 08:37 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(05-20-2019, 05:22 AM)Brassx Wrote:  First the problem was "It took me 6 days to complete my map challenge", Now it's "Maps from challenges happen too often".

Map challenges aren't being removed without a proper replacement, as TJ stated, they are 100% needed, so choose which you'd prefer. Waiting days to complete a step, or playing on what's typically a popular map to begin with? Doesn't really matter to me.

However, the maps played analytics do not really match up with your claims. There are far more other maps than challenge maps that are played through out the day.

(imagine I removed for this quote.)

(Some of the time spikes are due to the server idling on said map)

There's not really a solution other than replacing map challenges with something just as tedious/time consuming. I'm all for suggestions. We toned down kill challenges due to your complaints, made map challenges easier, due to your relentless complaints about them. What ever comes next, I'm sure there will be complaints as well. It never ends. Making the input a random chance doesn't change it in the end, because it's already like that behind the scenes (1/4).

But why are challenge maps needed for easy and medium scrolls? The loot you get from those usually isn't anything special and now with the new system in place, to show your map if you type the name in correctly, map challenges take no time at all. I have a harder time getting a set amount of kills. (although that could just be because I'm bad.)
The more people that have a map challenge, the more time it will take. Map challenges take longer than riddles, sliders, anagrams, or any of those. Thus why they are needed, they help increase the over all time, while adding more variety to scrolls. I never said they were one that adds the MOST time to them (tho they used to be), but a lot of people can finish easy/med kill challenges very quickly.
Find