Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[NERF] Destroyer of Worlds suffix

Honestly I don't think a nerf would destroy this thing, but I think people are overeacting. Does it really matter if a rifle hits you for 67 or 80 damage? It's gonna two hit you either way. The only times it actually matter is the edge cases of shooting already damaged people. Not to mention people want to nerf the ball damage to be lower than bullet damage and the whole idea of making the balls fly super slow are just dumb. Why would you ever use a weapon with a harder to hit projectile that does less damage than a bullet does. If you want to nerf it sure, but don't neuter the thing to being a shitier zafikiel like many of the suggestions.

Also please don't do a cooldown on the dow balls. That's literally the entire flavor and feel of the gun. You don't need to rework the thing if you want it nerfed just lower ball damage a little not that it actually matters in shots to kill. if that makes people feel better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(05-12-2019, 04:49 AM)Tarrasque Wrote:  Honestly I don't think a nerf would destroy this thing, but I think people are overeacting. Does it really matter if a rifle hits you for 67 or 80 damage? It's gonna two hit you either way. The only times it actually matter is the edge cases of shooting already damaged people. Not to mention people want to nerf the ball damage to be lower than bullet damage and the whole idea of making the balls fly super slow are just dumb. Why  would you ever use a weapon with a harder to hit  projectile that does less damage than a bullet does.  If you want to nerf it sure, but don't neuter the thing to being a shitier zafikiel like many of the suggestions.

Also please don't do a cooldown on the dow balls. That's literally the entire flavor and feel of the gun. You don't need to rework the thing if you want it nerfed just lower ball damage a little not that it actually matters in shots to kill. if that makes people feel better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The idea that the ball should be the same damage as the bullet doesn't really make sense to me. Why should the ball be the same amount of damage as the bullet damage AND also be AoE? It would still be incredibly powerful at 40 damage. After all, a bullet isn't going to continue sapping someone's (and certainly not a crowd of people's) health rapidly from around a corner. Currently, there are situations where you don't even have to hit a shot to kill, you can just fire down a hallway and people will have no way of knowing if a DoW ball is on the way when they peek again, and they get completely cheesed on. The same applies in 1-on-1 aim battles.

"You don't need to rework the thing if you want it nerfed just lower ball damage a little not that it actually matters in shots to kill. if that makes people feel better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Not that it matters in shots to kill? I'm not sure if anyone would be able to kill a crowd of people with as few bullets when 1 ball in its current state can easily be responsible for hundreds of damage. Hundreds. Sure, it may not matter in shots to kill if you headshot the person and then kill them with the ball, but the damage reduction would give the victim a marginally better chance at fighting back in any other case.
Find

something something you can't see azuredge ball coming either
Find

molten tier