Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mastersomething | moat.gg - Unban Request

(04-11-2019, 08:57 AM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  He verbally confirmed to help the T with his challenge.
Was being holstered as suggested by him.

I have a witness claiming you said, "Line up and make sure you holster" And the rest of the sources confirm with that statement. (When I get more of the video I'll confirm if you said that. They cut the video >.> a lot)

No he didn't come around the corner, he was in the hallway waiting for yall to line up. Going up and down the hall of Traitor Motel. Then when yall were in a homeschooler's line, that is when Guts started shooting. You were even watching Guts with his glock going up and down the hall.

Doot Doot said the previous round he would help out Guts with his challenge, you would have known.
(04-11-2019, 08:32 AM)Mastersomething Wrote:  I did not know GUTS had a challenge to complete during the incident

I did not confirm to help the T with his challenge in any way, your video does not show me saying or typing in chat that I said this. I did suggest everyone to holster, as shown in the video, but this was for reasons shown above in the "additional details" section in my Unban appeal.

I did not tell or suggest anybody to line up, your video does not show that I did, either. I only suggested for people to holster, I was not the one who told everybody to line up in the first place.

That was my mistake, I had assumed GUTS came around the corner, I was mainly paying attention to the line before he killed me, I wasn't paying full attention to how he was approaching me, so I had just assumed he came around the corner.

(04-11-2019, 09:28 AM)Trigger_hurt Wrote:  I was involved in this event and I will say that your story seems a bit stretched. Firstly, it was very clear at the beginning of the round that Guts was the T. He had made a statement about him being it. Secondly why would you "blindlessly" holster your weapons at the very beginning  of the round. while guts was point his glock at everyone in the line. We done diddly messed up, and we should seek forgiveness rather than excuses.

If it was clear that GUTS was a traitor, then I was either was not paying attention, or he did not actually state he was a T, because, all I had heard from GUTS at the beginning of the round was, "What time is it", which is unrelated to him being traitor at the time.

I did not blindlessly holster my weapons, I blindlessly followed an innocents orders to stand in line. I did holster my weapons, and I suggested for everyone else to do the same, but as I said, these were for reasons stated in the "additional details" section in my Unban Appeal.
Find

After reading all 3 of these ban appeals, this is a pretty silly situation to me. This is a good example of why some people say FRG is too serious. They lined up and let a T get some free kills. I don't see why that's such a big deal and especially don't see why it should be a ban. Rules should be put into place to assure that nobody's experience gets ruined. If all 3 of these guys wanted to give guts kills and guts wanted the kills then they all 4 had an experience of their choosing and it affected literally nobody else. The meta gaming rule was put into place for situations more like an innocent is helping the Ts by killing other innos or a T is helping an innocent by giving him T weapons that make it much easier to kill other Ts. THEN it's hurting others experiences.

(04-11-2019, 08:53 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  After reading all 3 of these ban appeals, this is a pretty silly situation to me. This is a good example of why some people say FRG is too serious. They lined up and let a T get some free kills. I don't see why that's such a big deal and especially don't see why it should be a ban. Rules should be put into place to assure that nobody's experience gets ruined. If all 3 of these guys wanted to give guts kills and guts wanted the kills then they all 4 had an experience of their choosing and it affected literally nobody else. The meta gaming rule was put into place for situations more like an innocent is helping the Ts by killing other innos or a T is helping an innocent by giving him T weapons that make it much easier to kill other Ts. THEN it's hurting others experiences.

I would normally agree with this 100%, but because of the existence of challenge scrolls, we need to take some measures so that they cannot be "farmed" by people.
Find

(04-11-2019, 09:41 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(04-11-2019, 08:53 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  After reading all 3 of these ban appeals, this is a pretty silly situation to me. This is a good example of why some people say FRG is too serious. They lined up and let a T get some free kills. I don't see why that's such a big deal and especially don't see why it should be a ban. Rules should be put into place to assure that nobody's experience gets ruined. If all 3 of these guys wanted to give guts kills and guts wanted the kills then they all 4 had an experience of their choosing and it affected literally nobody else. The meta gaming rule was put into place for situations more like an innocent is helping the Ts by killing other innos or a T is helping an innocent by giving him T weapons that make it much easier to kill other Ts. THEN it's hurting others experiences.

I would normally agree with this 100%, but because of the existence of challenge scrolls, we need to take some measures so that they cannot be "farmed" by people.

That's fair. I get that. However, in a populated server is this situation really a big deal? I'd imagine right after he "farmed" his 3 kills he died to someone who saw this happen. It becomes scummy and questionable if they were the only 4 players on the server though for sure.

frankly, beebee is just really, really ban happy for minor metagaming offenses, and the ban time of a week is ridiculous.

(04-11-2019, 09:45 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(04-11-2019, 09:41 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  

That's fair. I get that. However, in a populated server is this situation really a big deal? I'd imagine right after he "farmed" his 3 kills he died to someone who saw this happen. It becomes scummy and questionable if they were the only 4 players on the server though for sure.

You're right, the traitor did die to someone from behind after he killed everyone.
Find

I don't at all agree that this form of "metagaming" should be condoned, even if it's agreed to upon all those involved. It's similar to ghosting or working with the traitors and effects the whole round through a butterfly effect. It also helps farm challenge scrolls which isn't good at all, could lead to a whole night-farm squad and popularity contests.
This would be considered a lower-tier metagaming (although what Jake described would actually be mass RDM, which I guess is a branch off of metagaming) so the consequences first time around aren't that bad. If it happens again, it'll get more serious, but for now I don't mind leaving you at a warning since it's clear you weren't aware that this was against the rules.
I'm down to discuss the rule further through another thread, but for the sake of the unban request being handled, I'm going to close this one, leaving the day ban as a warning.

Unbanned.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find