Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Make kraken rewards scale with points.

(03-13-2019, 08:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  They do scale with points, just not too extreme, it's a community/world boss. There's a min amount of crates you can get, since you can die and lose points. The main thing that changes with point amounts are the unique chances.  I don't think any change is needed.

Quote:Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.

This statement is actually just dumb, terran. Players with better gear can and most likely SHOULD perform better at PvE. That's just how things go, and how it is in like every online RPG known to fucking man... But.. without that, what the hell is even the point of having better weapons in the game?? This isn't some competitive player vs player event, it's a 'world boss' that has a static HP amount every time it spawns, no matter the player count. There's a big reason why there's not an actual scoreboard, the final resulting score doesn't really matter as much as the fact the boss was actually defeated. Just because you don't get top damage, doesn't mean you have 0 chance of getting any unique drops.. The first stormforged that dropped was like 9th place.

Look at OSRS Chambers of Xeric. Each player has points similar to this, based on the amount of work they've done. Someone with a TBOW and max gear, and better stats will always have more points than someone who doesn't. More points = better chance at a unique drop in your name.

Also yes, the person who proc'd the kraken gets double unique rolls (so they are 2x as common for them), and extra crates/even more enraged eye chances.

One slight difference is Chambers of Xeric, you choose your team. Or, you can even do it solo; its not an event of 20-some people, and usually you're communicating. You have a solid (many) points, though. You can also get rewards from Xeric from team support, herblore, farming, fishing, hunting etc, so it isn't solely a damage based thing. A lot of the fights rely on a puzzle of sorts, too, not a DPS-fest.
Find

(03-13-2019, 09:51 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 08:35 AM)Brassx Wrote:  They do scale with points, just not too extreme, it's a community/world boss. There's a min amount of crates you can get, since you can die and lose points. The main thing that changes with point amounts are the unique chances.  I don't think any change is needed.

Quote:Not all of us have azuredge's. I can fight the kraken without dying once and constantly shooting and get half the damage someone does literally because their gear is better than mine. For a "raid" type boss, that's not very fair nor fun.

This statement is actually just dumb, terran. Players with better gear can and most likely SHOULD perform better at PvE. That's just how things go, and how it is in like every online RPG known to fucking man... But.. without that, what the hell is even the point of having better weapons in the game?? This isn't some competitive player vs player event, it's a 'world boss' that has a static HP amount every time it spawns, no matter the player count. There's a big reason why there's not an actual scoreboard, the final resulting score doesn't really matter as much as the fact the boss was actually defeated. Just because you don't get top damage, doesn't mean you have 0 chance of getting any unique drops.. The first stormforged that dropped was like 9th place.

Look at OSRS Chambers of Xeric. Each player has points similar to this, based on the amount of work they've done. Someone with a TBOW and max gear, and better stats will always have more points than someone who doesn't. More points = better chance at a unique drop in your name.

Also yes, the person who proc'd the kraken gets double unique rolls (so they are 2x as common for them), and extra crates/even more enraged eye chances.

One slight difference is Chambers of Xeric, you choose your team. Or, you can even do it solo; its not an event of 20-some people, and usually you're communicating. You have a solid (many) points, though. You can also get rewards from Xeric from team support, herblore, farming, fishing, hunting etc, so it isn't solely a damage based thing. A lot of the fights rely on a puzzle of sorts, too, not a DPS-fest.

You can choose your team, doesn't mean you always will. There's ffa'(free for alls)s all the time with randoms, or masses, where you don't choose your team, or split drops. Better gear = more points = better chance for a drop in your name. Farming, fishing, hunting, all of that is bare minimum points, like not even worth trying to max out, and no one does any of it BUT farming. Majority of points a lot of the time in XoC solely depend on your damage output to the combat bosses/olm.

Quote:A lot of the fights rely on a puzzle of sorts, too, not a DPS-fest.
Not really true, the only bosses I can think of that have weird mechanics like that are vasa and vespula, and those are barely any kind of puzzle. They really are just "use the right gear, dps as much as possible" However, there's typically 2 puzzles in a raid, followed by at least 3 bosses (combat). You get much more points for doing combat rooms than puzzles, and the final fight against the olm head gives a ton of points by itself.

Source: I have ~200 XoC completions, which isn't a shit ton, but it's enough to understand basically everything about it.
Find

Well, you've done a heck of a lot more than me, so that's fair then. So higher points = better chance, that's how it works, right? The main issue seems to be the lower-tiered scaling needs balancing. I.E when I literally shot the kraken 3x, I got like 10 less crates than the time I tryharded as best as I could.
Find

(03-13-2019, 10:57 PM)Terran Wrote:  Well, you've done a heck of a lot more than me, so that's fair then. So higher points = better chance, that's how it works, right? The main issue seems to be the lower-tiered scaling needs balancing. I.E when I literally shot the kraken 3x, I got like 10 less crates than the time I tryharded as best as I could.

Yeah. Crates are 'pity' rewards. Points = better chances at uniques, including enraged eyes.

OH also, dying is bugged right now where you don't actually lose points. That may also help.
Find

(03-13-2019, 11:04 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(03-13-2019, 10:57 PM)Terran Wrote:  Well, you've done a heck of a lot more than me, so that's fair then. So higher points = better chance, that's how it works, right? The main issue seems to be the lower-tiered scaling needs balancing. I.E when I literally shot the kraken 3x, I got like 10 less crates than the time I tryharded as best as I could.

Yeah. Crates are 'pity' rewards. Points = better chances at uniques, including enraged eyes.

OH also, dying is bugged right now where you don't actually lose points. That may also help.
Do you have anything that tracks the best damage people do? I had people talking about 70,000+ damage when the best I can do with a heroic galil, reload+shock absorb crystal is about 22,000. Tried an AUG even, about the same. Was I being bamboozled? But then again, there was a corner of like 4 people with +sag and the best guns available.
Find

(03-13-2019, 11:31 PM)Terran Wrote:  

Do you have anything that tracks the best damage people do? I had people talking about 70,000+ damage when the best I can do with a heroic galil, reload+shock absorb crystal is about 22,000. Tried an AUG even, about the same. Was I being bamboozled? But then again, there was a corner of like 4 people with +sag and the best guns available.

That just depends on how many other players are fighting it actively. The fewer people fighting it, the more points the players involved will generally get as is. If you have 30 people all fighting it actively, the average point amount will be much less split, and a lot lower. Because the HP is static.
Find

(03-13-2019, 11:31 PM)Terran Wrote:  

My highest score has been like 72k with less than 10 people on a win. On fights where there are a lot of people on I have like 30k score in first place. The key is to min max you're time shooting and what is best to shoot at the time.
Find

Typically, using a heroic galil with 20-25 people on, I get between third and fifth with about 25k damage. Just for reference
Find