Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Changes to staff and applications.

Star 
We're making some big changes to the application process in an attempt to allow more people to 'shoot their shot' so to speak, and show us if they are actually staff material, as well as to weed out any insufficient staff members.

1. Staff Applications will be approved about 90% of the time(mods or higher), however, in 2 months time, the applicant will need to post a 'community evaluation' thread, similar to the original application. On the thread, the community will rate your performance, and unpoke and I will decide if you keep the role, or aren't fit for it.
  2. ALL current staff members (not +members) will need to post community evaluations in the new section, any staff that fail to post one within the deadline will be demoted from their position.
    You should judge staff based on their behavior/performances starting now, not prior to this, just to give everyone a fair shot to shapen up
  3. After their initial evaluation, staff will need to post one every evaluation period(4 months) in order to keep their position. This date will be announced ahead of time to keep you all informed. Currently the next evaluation period AFTER april, is set to be in early august, 4 months after the deadline for the current ones.

You will need to post your community evaluation application between March 27th and April 3rd. Failure to do so will result in a demotion!
  4. Moderators and higher will be given a new perk to give them something back for helping us out. They will be able to turn the current TTT map into a  'double XP' map (or 2.5x EXP on weekends), this will be usable PER staff member, but have a few hour cooldown per-person.

I'm open to suggestions for other perks for staff members as well.

We hope these changes will help make FRG better, and make staff positions more realistic to go for, allowing almost anyone to give it a shot and prove their worth. As well as making it just a bit more enjoyable to be a staff member here, rather than a buttload of extra work, with little to no payoff.

Keep in mind this is NOT to punish staff, or make things more stressful. This is simply to make the application process less spooky, and open it to a lot more people, letting them show everyone they have what it takes. Negativity on an evaluation doesn't exactly mean you will be demoted, it could just mean we talk to you about things you should improve on.

Community evaluation FAQ:
Q - Who can post on evaluation threads?
A - All players will be able to post on these, and "rate" a person's performance anonymously. Only Unpoke and I will be able to see the replies you post there, just like applications.

Q - How do I post an evaluation?
A - See the community evaluation section here: https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=86

Q - What happens if I don't post a community evaluation thread when the time comes?
A - We will attempt to remind you, but it should be your responsibility to do it. Not posting it may result in a demotion from the rank!

Q - What if I have to go away before I can post my evaluation?
A - If you must go away, please be sure to inform us first. Failure to do so will be seen as the above situation.

Q - Does this mean I have to play all day every day if I want to keep my rank?
A - No. As long as you do a good job, and are on occasionally (or if you post an away/offline for a break), you will be just fine. You will still need to post an evaluation, and as long as we see you on occasionally, inactivity replies on it may not be taken into consideration as much as other replies.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to post on this thread with 'em.

Note: These staff double XP changes will be live within the next few days as I make the system.

Since double EXP is already a thing. (and most people dont care for it)
i suggest (with help from TJ) that you let a mod and + spawn a dragon/spider boss once a week.

everything else sounds great!
Find

We didn't want to do minigames because of the generally negative reception of them, look at what happened to me/tobias. We'd Just get flamed everytime we do one.
Find

(03-03-2019, 08:58 AM)Brassx Wrote:  We didn't want to do minigames because of the generally negative reception of them, look at what happened to me/tobias. We'd Just get flamed everytime we do one.
I loathe the fact that some people DON'T like events and minigames and I will never understand it.

(03-03-2019, 09:07 AM)Nyteman Molester of Santa Wrote:  
(03-03-2019, 08:58 AM)Brassx Wrote:  We didn't want to do minigames because of the generally negative reception of them, look at what happened to me/tobias. We'd Just get flamed everytime we do one.
I loathe the fact that some people DON'T like events and minigames and I will never understand it.

Agreed, its free loot

True but i feel like most likes dragon rounds. (i think)
more like boss then minigame.

Also i think 2 months is A LOT of time for people to be in power. (being a mod)
Also i think if someone doesn't get accept within 2 week - 1 month then they should get denied.
Find

I get flamed when I do spiders, especially from people who are "tRyInG tO cOmPleTe tHiS fUcKinG cHalLengE sCroLl", I just think it's best to give them stuff that has absolutely no negative connotation.
(Dragon rounds are the only minigame that are rare because nobody's on to frequently spawn them Tongue Probably has to do with why people tend to tolerate them more)

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

IM DONE FOR GUYS CYA

(03-03-2019, 05:42 PM)Kcat Wrote:  IM DONE FOR GUYS CYA

Don't worry Kcat, unpoke will find a way to keep you around somehow

At this point im going to honestly say I don't know when I will be able to play gmod again with computer troubles, especially with full time work now and full time college in the fall and spring semesters.
Find