Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Never thought this day would come.

Prepare for a wall of text.

Hey there. I made a post back in January about how I wouldn't be able to play as much anymore and whatnot, but I still planned to play every now and then when I got the chance. But in the ~2 months that I've been taking a break. I realized how much more I was enjoying myself.

After around 2 years, give or take, of non-stop playing FRG, I got tired. I felt like I was tied down and couldn't really play anything else. I felt like I owed it to everyone to stay very active in the community. Being able to go and play other games or do whatever else I want has been great.

Now this isn't to say that I just don't like FRG anymore. I'll always treasure the memories and friends that this server has brought me. It's not that I think the server is going downhill. I think it still has many great times ahead of it, thanks to Brass, Tobi, and others who may contribute.

But around November/December of last year, I started to feel... bored, or just, not really enjoying my time as much. It didn't feel as real. As the weeks crept on, less and less of my friends kept playing, weakening my will to play even more. After having my admin app up for around a year and nothing happening to it also contributed to my want of a break. (No offense). It was just rough hoping for that long. Feel free to either deny it now or put it on hold. Maybe one day I'll come back and finally get that admin spot. Around this point is when I decided to take a real break, for the first time in years.

I still plan to pop in every now and then, which is why I'm not putting this in the departure section. I may become active again one day but I just don't see it being anytime soon.

I want to thank everyone in this amazing community for producing so many great memories, from my first godlike drop, to the last.
I've said it before in a previous post of mine, but I really wouldn't be the same person had I not been introduced to FRG by my brother, Zott.

Within this week, I began liquefying my items. I wanted to reintroduce many of the items I had in my inventory back to the community. At first I planned to keep at least my flashback collection, but I eventually decided that it would be better if someone who actually played had it. With the money I obtained from selling the first batch of items, I did the first and only 5050 of my "spring cleaning v1". Barely over 2 mil, it didn't go too well as I instantly lost to Poison haha. Earlier today however, I began spring cleaning v2. Selling even more expensive items and aiming for an even bigger 5050. Before I left, I had a goal to go down as a participant (winner or not) of the server's biggest 5050. After selling the majority of my items to the highest bidders, I ended with around 3.2 mil. Then I did the first 5050, and somehow, I won.
Surprised as I was to win, it still wasn't enough. The biggest 5050 was 4 mil. So I went again for 6 mil. SOMEHOW, I won again.
After those 2, Poison was left with only 4 mil. And I didn't want to just leave him with that. I wasn't really there to win. And I would just seem like a pussy if I quit then haha. So again I went, joining Poison's all in of 4 mil. As you could imagine, he won this one.
At this point, the money was split evenly between us, 8 mil each. Then we went into the final 5050.
In the end, Poison got all of his money back (surprise surprise). I didn't care that I lost, it was a fun run and I achieved my goal of being a participant of the server's biggest 5050.

Memories like this are why I cherish FRG. I could never thank Brass enough for even caring enough about the server and its' community to create the server and keep it running as amazingly as he has. Thank you to everyone in this amazing community. Even the ones who I might not have gotten along with all the time. But especially thanks some of my best friends on the server. I would go and call them by name, but that would just take way too long. They know who they are.
Tonight was probably the last some of you will have seen me for a good while. Like I said, I'll pop in every now and then, even if just for a few minutes to see how everyone is.

It's been an amazing ride, I love you guys.
              -Alex Summers, aka, Seth.

50/50 claims another man. Also Alex you little short fucking midget man you better come back every now and then to lose 50/50's aight? Also im gonna miss you and shit yada yada. Fucking 50/50 can we remove it yet?
Find

goodbye alex "part of the problem" summers ill always remember you, even though i may have forgot that you were even in our discord
Find

Sad

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Zott, now you. ;_; Anyways I hope you find a new hobby and come back for realms. Been a real roller coaster.
Find

It's sad to see another long time community member leave, but hey, at least you're not leaving because you lost in 5050.

I hope you to see you here and there, maybe find some fun in the server again!
Find

Welp, time to change my signature for I no longer hold the record for losing the biggest 50/50. But for real though a break is always good. I took my break August through the end of December and it was really needed to feel happy on the server again. Have fun with your break and I'll see you next year maybe.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠉⠒⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠔⣉⠤⠒⠒⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠀⠀⣤⠶⠶⢶⡄
⠀⣀⠤⠒⢺⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⠊⠀⢸⠀⡿⠀⡀⠀⣀
⠀⠀⣠⠴⠚⢯⡀⠐⠒⠚⠉⠀⢶⠂⠀⣀⠜⠀⢿⡀⠉⠚⠉⣠
⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙  ⣴⠒⠒⣲⢔⠉⠉⣹⣞⣉⣈⠿⢦⣀

Find

hey now you can play fallout 76 with me
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Sad to see you go but this 5050 part actually triggers me.

(03-03-2019, 07:22 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  After those 2, Poison was left with only 4 mil. And I didn't want to just leave him with that. I wasn't really there to win. And I would just seem like a pussy if I quit then haha.

At this point you had already achieved your goal of being a part of the biggest 5050. You could have done smaller 5050s with other people of the community or just did something to distribute the coins to other people in the community rather than just giving the richest man on the server even more wealth. You had a chance to take some coins that Poison never plans to spend and give them to people who don't have a shit ton of coins. REEEEEEEEEEE

In the end I guess distributing all of that wealth could have caused some negative changes in the economy. Oh well. What's done is done. Good luck with whatever you decide to do Alex. Hope to still see you hop on once in a while.

(03-03-2019, 05:40 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  Sad to see you go but this 5050 part actually triggers me.

(03-03-2019, 07:22 AM)Alex Summers Wrote:  After those 2, Poison was left with only 4 mil. And I didn't want to just leave him with that. I wasn't really there to win. And I would just seem like a pussy if I quit then haha.

At this point you had already achieved your goal of being a part of the biggest 5050. You could have done smaller 5050s with other people of the community or just did something to distribute the coins to other people in the community rather than just giving the richest man on the server even more wealth. You had a chance to take some coins that Poison never plans to spend and give them to people who don't have a shit ton of coins. REEEEEEEEEEE

In the end I guess distributing all of that wealth could have caused some negative changes in the economy. Oh well. What's done is done. Good luck with whatever you decide to do Alex. Hope to still see you hop on once in a while.

Communist