Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Make Oracle Shield Damage Karma

If you remove its damage, why not have it slow people going through it? Sort of like, uh, zombie survival prop phasing. Make it so it takes you a bit to get through it and you're vulnerable doing it. Its not a hanging negative effect, just works in tandem as a "barrier".

I actually run into it accidentally because people place it randomly, but its stupid to kill someone over it. Though it is really annoying. I don't want to be "that sweaty guy" who reports people because he took 20 damage.

Also, I said this before, but I've never seen anyone use it as a close-range deterrent. Its always a "slam it down when you're being shot randomly and hide", and usually not when you're being shot point blank (At that point you're dead anyways, shield or not).
Find

i guarantee it will be 100% more aids if it slows you to prop-phase speeds when passing through, especially in the "small hallway" scenario that keeps coming up.
i like the idea that someone said earlier in the thread about disorienting people who pass through, seems like it wouldnt be too annoying for someone unrelated to pass through but could discourage t's rushing through the shield.
Find

(02-23-2019, 02:12 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I'd like to remove its damage, but do something else to it to make it different, and not directly comparable to the fools world, while also making sure it's not used for trolling as often. Any suggestions?
How about a slower firerate for say 5-10 seconds if they walk through your shield?
That way it only affects people who'd be shooting right after they directly walk through the shield usually meaning the person shooting at you.
It wouldn't have much of an effect on people who who walk around normally not shooting which negates the whole trolling aspect and it allows it much more tactical play say with boxing in traitors and such.
Find