Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

new content update causing other huds besides the new frg beta one to have low fps

The huds were fine before the new update dropped, now the classic and normal huds are having massive fps drop. (and before you suggest that it's my computer, they were working fine before.)

Update: It would appear I am missing a lot of things, I can resolve this easily if I knew where to look.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find

What do you mean huds? You mean the Inventory UI's or what? And are they missing textures or anything?
Find

(01-27-2019, 05:12 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What do you mean huds? You mean the Inventory UI's or what? And are they missing textures or anything?

In the settings, you have a choice between classic, the new frg hud (beta), and a normal hud by not selecting the other two, I believe the beta hud is automatically selected for new arrivals. also I'm not missing anything, I already deleted my downloads and redownloaded the server content.

De_vour has attempted to help resolve this issue, however, reloading the materials and making sure custom downlods was on has proved fruitless
Find

How are you determining its the HUDs causing the framerate drops? The beta HUD doesn't even use any materials, all of its textures (the gradients) are created in LUA.
Find

(01-27-2019, 06:22 PM)Brassx Wrote:  How are you determining its the HUDs causing the framerate drops? The beta HUD doesn't even use any materials, all of its textures (the gradients) are created in LUA.
By using the ultimate power, GUESSING.
Find

(01-27-2019, 06:22 PM)Brassx Wrote:  How are you determining its the HUDs causing the framerate drops? The beta HUD doesn't even use any materials, all of its textures (the gradients) are created in LUA.

Well, beta hud is the only one not causing frame drops, the reason for that could be because of it's lack of materials, but that begs the question as to why the other huds that use materials are only just now causing an issue. I already deleted my download folder and re-downloaded the server content, so the chances of it being a corruption issue is slim

I believe the problem is that the new content update added new materials, that may in turn effect the materials that the huds use, which causes the other huds besides the beta one to run poorly, and also why trying to switch weapons also slows down the game.
Find