Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New rules discussions(v3?)

I think the updated rules look great except for two things.

1. "Walking through/BLATANTLY avoiding bear traps."
-- I use beartraps as one of my primary ways of killing people, and honestly, if you're not rushing around every corner, they're not too hard to spot. There's been countless times that I've placed a bear trap, waited around a corner, and heard someone start shooting it. Alternatively, I could be waiting around that corner, and hear the bear trap go off, and as I turn the corner, there's already an inno right in my face in front of the guy in the bear trap because he ran -barely- to the side of it and didn't set it off. Overall, the bear trap hitboxes are sketchy at best, and I don't think there's a really good way to balance them to the point you can KOS someone out of it other than watching a Traitor place it.

2. "This is hard to pinpoint as it can be very situational and vary VASTLY depending on the situation and context, but for example, if you ID a body and it shows they died only a few seconds ago, but you saw someone fleeing the scene with the same weapon(with no other ways to escape), just before you found/saw the body. You should be able to piece together and rightfully KOS the person fleeing the scene. But be prepared to take punishment if wrong."
-- Everything here is pretty much okay, from what I can tell, except the KOS off weapon. That will -definitely- be abused, especially for the already sweaty people that want to get kills for daily/scroll challenges. There's so many unique guns, or people using a type of gun (Beebee with his mini-uzi for example) that people would just kos off the weapon itself, ignoring the time since death.

Let's say Beebee killed someone with his mini-uzi, yeah? Happens all the time, but almost no one else uses one unless it's for a challenge, so it's likely he's going to be the only person on the server that's wielding a mini-uzi. 40 seconds pass, and the DNA has expired. Up comes xXProTTTPlayer420Xx to ID the body, sees that a mini-uzi killed them. They're just gonna go hunt down Beebee, who's probably cowering in a corner with a healing orb after losing half his hp mowing 3 people down, and just execute him. Then, as a response to the report, he could just say "I saw Beebee gun that guy down forever ago, I just didn't call it out so he didn't get suspicious of me". It'll be abused, I say omit the KOS off gun.
Find

(01-24-2019, 11:03 AM)Sole Soul of Sol Wrote:  Alternatively, I could be waiting around that corner, and hear the bear trap go off, and as I turn the corner, there's already an inno right in my face in front of the guy in the bear trap because he ran -barely- to the side of it and didn't set it off. Overall, the bear trap hitboxes are sketchy at best, and I don't think there's a really good way to balance them to the point you can KOS someone out of it other than watching a Traitor place it.

I am the King of Beartraps, for I will find them where ever they lay. Mainly with my ankles and if it is on a good day, I'll see the beartrap as I step into it.  

With the hit box I would argue that they're very good. They don't have huge hit box, but a reasonable one. What you see is what you get. If you set one on the very side of a door way, you can walk on the other side. Corner doors are a great example. If you're walking along a wall with the corner to the right and a door right after the corner, you're going to head into the door on the right. You're not going to center yourself to go through the center. If you placed the bear trap onto the left side, it wouldn't see little if any action. You can also jump over the bear traps. Two things that came to my head that explains how they could have gotten past the bear trap instead of blaming the hit box. Which could be the hit box, but I doubt it. They're pretty good, if not generous with the activation range.

(01-24-2019, 11:03 AM)Sole Soul of Sol Wrote:  Everything here is pretty much okay, from what I can tell, except the KOS off weapon.

It is more than KoS off weapon, there is three things you have to get. It is, mainly, exiting a one way exit, running away from a unID body, and then weapon.

(01-24-2019, 11:03 AM)Sole Soul of Sol Wrote:  Up comes xXProTTTPlayer420Xx to ID the body, sees that a mini-uzi killed them. They're just gonna go hunt down Beebee, who's probably cowering in a corner with a healing orb after losing half his hp mowing 3 people down, and just execute him. Then, as a response to the report, he could just say "I saw Beebee gun that guy down forever ago, I just didn't call it out so he didn't get suspicious of me". It'll be abused, I say omit the KOS off gun.

Thats KoS off weapon and deathscene should sort that out. They could see if the person in question is walking up to the gun fight location and, within reason, could determine if the person could have seen me runaway from the scene.

Also if he did see me, he could have called me out, again deathscene can show if he did see me gun someone down.

Lastly, you fucking nailed me. I can see myself doing that.
Find

didnt i start a massive argument last year about allowing logic, that led to most logic being allowed? what happened to that?
Find

Hey, is there an update waiting to happen where we implement the new rules? I'm very confused right now. I was really looking forward to some if not all of these rules being put in. It's just that it has been almost a month since we last talked about this. TTT right now is currently very frustrating playing as an innocent, Implementing this deffineley won't fix all of TTT but it sure would make it more enjoyable. I'm not looking for a change right now. Things like these take time, however, I would like at least an update on what's going to happen. I was very excited when this was announced. I don't want this to be a, just talk but no do, type of thread. This is important to me and I feel like many others too and I don't want to let this thread die.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠉⠒⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠔⣉⠤⠒⠒⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠀⠀⣤⠶⠶⢶⡄
⠀⣀⠤⠒⢺⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⠊⠀⢸⠀⡿⠀⡀⠀⣀
⠀⠀⣠⠴⠚⢯⡀⠐⠒⠚⠉⠀⢶⠂⠀⣀⠜⠀⢿⡀⠉⠚⠉⣠
⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙  ⣴⠒⠒⣲⢔⠉⠉⣹⣞⣉⣈⠿⢦⣀

Find

I'd like to see them more prominent, but I also don't want people blasting me away because they heard a famas shot and rounded a corner to see I had one. Its a tough nut to crack.
Find