Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: Do we expand to zombie survival?
Yes(With some obvious modifications to fine-tune the experience)
No (Please state why)
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions?

(01-21-2019, 01:45 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-21-2019, 01:43 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  Well, I made jailbreak from scratch and haven't had time to finish it.

A lot of IRL stuff is starting to pick up for me now so I've been preoccupied with that.

I think he meant jailbreak in general as a game mode. At least that's what I meant when I agreed to it. Nothing personal toward you.
What jake said, i didn't mean it was badly done, i was just saying it isn't a popular gamemode and i wouldn't think much new players would join, nor the active people we have would play much of Zombie Survive. Since RP is the top gamemode, i think it would be a better pick.

(Sorry Tobi if i hurt you, wasn't intentional)
Find

Well like I said in discord, I only made jailbreak as an attempt to branch FRG out to new territory and attract new players. But now that we have zombie survival that isn't really needed as it seems to be doing just that.

I just don't have the time/motivation anymore to work on it, as I have a lot of IRL things happening now.
Find

(01-21-2019, 03:26 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(01-21-2019, 01:43 AM)tobiasxz-usagi Wrote:  Well, I made jailbreak from scratch and haven't had time to finish it.

A lot of IRL stuff is starting to pick up for me now so I've been preoccupied with that.

I think he meant jailbreak in general as a game mode. At least that's what I meant when I agreed to it. Nothing personal toward you.
What jake said, i didn't mean it was badly done, i was just saying it isn't a popular gamemode and i wouldn't think much new players would join, nor the active people we have would play much of Zombie Survive. Since RP is the top gamemode, i think it would be a better pick.

I can't agree with RP. It's just a boring gamemode IMO, I would not enjoy working on it at ALL, on top of it being EXTREMELY OVER SATURATED with 1,000's of servers that have every addon under the sun.

In tonight's testings on ZS we saw a TON of new players join and stick around and play with us. Like actually 15+ of them in just a few hours. This is the second time in a row we saw 10+ new players join during play testing, happened the first night too. Imagine if we had the Inventory system fully integrated with proper features telling people more about our other servers in-game?

I think ZS is the right path if people want it, not only is it a fairly popular gamemode in general, it's also just fun, at least for me. I had a blast playing with you guys both times, and the changes I've made already have made it even more fun. Also If just enough play to bring in new players(I will be playing too), new players then join Lobby and see all of our cool stuff, maybe get a challenge scroll then go try TTT, it could really benefit the server.

There's a lot of things that can be done, round modifiers, minigames, basically a loop we had on TTT but applied to ZS in a way that most ZS players have probably not seen, thus making us unique. Inventory, drops, cross-server progression, daily challenges for ZS, etc. All of these can hook players and could be great for FRG as a whole.

Not looking at any suggestions or anything prior to this comment but I feel that FRG would benefit from its own somewhat custom ZS server, kind of like Deathlegends if you've ever played on it, Brass. Basically wave 1 is only NPCs that have unique abilities and stuff that you farm to get items/weapons early before it turns into actually PvP. I don't know. Just a thought.

EDIT: Worth noting I haven't played the FRG ZS yet.
Find

(01-21-2019, 03:54 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-21-2019, 03:26 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  

I can't agree with RP. It's just a boring gamemode IMO, I would not enjoy working on it at ALL, on top of it being EXTREMELY OVER SATURATED with 1,000's of servers that have every addon under the sun.

In tonight's testings on ZS we saw a TON of new players join and stick around and play with us. Like actually 15+ of them in just a few hours. This is the second time in a row we saw 10+ new players join during play testing, happened the first night too. Imagine if we had the Inventory system fully integrated with proper features telling people more about our other servers in-game?

I think ZS is the right path if people want it, not only is it a fairly popular gamemode in general, it's also just fun, at least for me. I had a blast playing with you guys both times, and the changes I've made already have made it even more fun. Also If just enough play to bring in new players(I will be playing too), new players then join Lobby and see all of our cool stuff, maybe get a challenge scroll then go try TTT, it could really benefit the server.

There's a lot of things that can be done, round modifiers, minigames, basically a loop we had on TTT but applied to ZS in a way that most ZS players have probably not seen, thus making us unique. Inventory, drops, cross-server progression, daily challenges for ZS, etc. All of these can hook players and could be great for FRG as a whole.

I agree with what you said Brass, it can be an unique twist on ZS just like how this was an unique(ish) twist on TTT.

People saying that this is going to kill TTT forget to realize this a community and it isn't always about TTT. Having a variety is always the best for a community so everyone can be happy playing what they want. If this brings in a huge new wave of people who stick around, it can be successful in even bringing TTT back since some people who play ZS I'm sure of haven't played TTT or not heard of inventory TTT. New players means more fun and maybe even more content. I'm all up for a new gamemode to help spice up the FRG world for older members and to see FRG thrive even more to become a greater community.

And if Brass is having fun, why ruin his fun? It is his community you know.
Find

IMO, I think ZS is one of the things that would revive the server with tons of new players joining every hour, especially when the inventory gets integrated. I also want to mention that before I played TTT I would play ZS and always look for 24/7 Abandoned Mall servers just because of all the different locations you can barricade at in the map, so I believe that adding Abandoned Mall wouldn't hurt the server either.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I'd say it's pretty settled. I'll put some time into integrating more of our systems over to ZS. We should work together to setup some rules for the server as well.

Use https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=83 forum to post any suggestions you have for the gamemode!
Find

One rule that definitely needs to be added is fucking up barricades and taking all of the weapons on the floor pre-game because you're going to be an zombie so you might as well remove all nails and such.
Find

(01-21-2019, 07:48 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  One rule that definitely needs to be added is fucking up barricades and taking all of the weapons on the floor pre-game because you're going to be an zombie so you might as well remove all nails and such.

Yeah for sure. That should definitely not be allowed. I wonder how I could fix that without needing a rule to enforce though.
Find