Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A new way to open crates

This idea came to me when I posted on Terran's thread about changing the way the mapvotes work.
My idea is to make opening crates more of an automatic process. Though my idea here will change a lot, hopefully the essence of it gets through.

In the attempt to balance the economy and keep people opening crates, there's too many crates.
People dont want to do minigames unless they get stuff from it, so loot gets buffed and eventually has to get buffed again, and you get the idea.
For instance, winning IoD gives you a surplus of 100 crates w/ a rune of looting, so you can see my point.

So unless Brassx intends to do a complete coin rework and crate rework to get stuff to how it used to be, the main issue I find is that it's way too strenuous to open all these crates.
My proof:
Big crate openings used to be a big thing because it took effort to save up a bunch of crates. Now it's as if if anyone decides its time to open their crates its like a whole event in of itself. Myself even, the only time I open crates is when I have a ton of homework late at night and I can manage to make keys every 5 or so minutes to clear inventory.
so, my proposal:

Have an automatic crate opening feature. There would be a side bar to the right of your inventory, and you could set all the crates you have in a que to open at the top. They would open and not link drops you get in chat unless they're prim+ or suffixed, and it would notify you once everything has opened.
You would have the ability to click an item, and retrieve it from the side menu to put in your inventory. You would be given a filter, so say you want everything right into your inventory, you could disable the filter; or say you're super rich $$ and only want what's prim+, you could set the filter to that; or say you're the common joe or a collector, you could say "Hey i only want Faithful UMPs as an uncommon from this crate". (this might be a bit to do, and if so just have rarity filters and suffix/trait filters, so if you get a double suffix uncommon it would keep it).

With the filter would come this largely requested idea: the portable key maker.
Now, this could be VIP only or w/e brassx wants to do, but the portable key maker would basically make crate opening super clean.
Everything that gets swept out by the filter would be que'd to the key maker, so as soon as you got 10 of a filtered out rarity you would have a key made. And so forth.

Now, this is only if Brassx is to continue the trend of just throwing up coins onto crates. He could make it so only some certain crates are que-able, or he could attach this system to banks to give more use to them, or w/e.
The point is just that opening crates is strenuous and tiresome. Whenever I do grims, if I get more than 5 item crates im selling them for 1 coin each on the market or deleting them because I can't bother to get 5 common weapons and delete them because I cant make them into a key on their lonesome, and I dont want to spend 5 more coins to get a T1 key.
When a dragon round begins.

PORTABLE KEYER BEST IDEA REEEEE
Find

I don't think anything needs to be changed, the portable key maker is like 2/3rds finished from months ago, I just put it on hold for other more important things at the time. Portable key maker will basically allow your crates to continue to open as items that pass the filters you set will be added to the device, which will automatically spit out keys when it accumulates enough of a rarity. (Has limited uses per key type until that type needs to be 'refreshed/restocked' with coins, don't worry though the amount of uses per key are quite high).

Something like what you suggested is prone to data-loss in case of server crashes, client crashes, etc. GMOD is not the most stable game out there, and there's really no reason to store possibly 100's of extra items someone might not even want on the server, on top of your Inventory/bank. Without storing them I'd never hear the end of it when a server crashes and they couldn't get their items.
Find