Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A change to the map voting screen

(01-07-2019, 10:49 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I like this idea except then I feel like this is gonna make maps that don't have any random special rounds super uncommon to play on Sad

i feel like we just need someone to manage maps better
like get black parade or someone, because some maps that have been bugged and nobody wants to play on have been in the rotation for quite some time even with people complaining about them, while some other maps that nobody wants to play keep getting forced to play because nobody wants to pick them.

for instance, why do we have two slender maps?
the one with the flooding and stuff i actually like, but the other one is just too big and zoney, and nobody wants to actually choose it (that, and nobody can distinguish it from the other slender map)

I know the system we have is to stop the super popular maps from always being the only maps played, but we need more maps people actually enjoy and to get rid of the maps that nobody wants to play on. (with this, add more maps that can be potential spider/dragon/etc round maps to make this feature work better, cause its an idea i actually really like)

If I am to speak for the other side, though, there's always the people who anytime (even if a minigame hasnt happened in like 3 maps) will go afk during a special round just cause they dont wanna play it.
I personally dont understand it, but then again perhaps im used to the hype that used to occur on NTG when you got the bar on the top of your screen that a boss round was about to happen. Some people just dont like to have to deal with minigames, so if the majority that is in favor of boss rounds always chooses maps that have a boosted chance for a boss fight, then the people who dont enjoy the rounds will just dislike playing ttt even more.
I think another way to give people the incentive to participate is to make sure loot is proper for each event.
If we add this feature, I'd be fine if the general chance for boss fights is lowered again so long as they provide proper loot. I mean, hunter rounds (if the hunter knows what they're doing and doesnt die in less than 30 seconds) can give some ok drops if you run around and farm the orbs that spawn, but there's nothing unique from them. That, and the packages reduce the feel of teamwork and promote the "agh i gotta get as much damage as i can i gotta get as much loot as i can" idea.
Also, I feel like spider queen is the only boss that gives good loot? Compared to dragon, it seems much better. And if you compare it to stuff like gun game that still gives 2 crates to first place, there's no real incentive to participate unless you genuinely enjoy the game mode or are competitive and always want to try to get 1st place.

tl;dr make people wanna do the boss fights and minigames by making them a bit more rare normally, and a bit more common via this suggestion, and buff the loot to make it even across the board. Have gungame give more than 2 crates to first place for christ's sake, make dragon loot give actual rewards to the dragon when they win, and give hunter some unique loot.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

+1 Really like this idea. +1
Find

Off topic but

more maps please it's like a consistent few that I can retrace my steps on backwards.

Lets start with TTT_spacestation :^)
Find

Map vote system was changed from 100% "Random" every time (with some maps having a cooldown) to a "Cycle" because most of our maps were never played(cycle as in it generates a 'list' of maps that must be played before a new cycle is generated), limited to 4 to help underplayed maps get played (which honestly, I didn't agree with and knew wasn't a great idea anyways, but some people seemed to really want it that way)

Now people are forced to play through maps and dislike it, which I expected. I haven't added very many maps, most of the maps are from Jake's time as manager.

I say we purge a lot of the maps(besides some challenge maps, though heaven should be removed 100%, but don't want to fuck people over), and do a big vote on what maps are added/re-added. Maps have to be checked for leaks and performance before being added to the voting selection.

There's no reason to have maps no one likes/wants to play, it's just a lot of the time feedback on maps is super mixed "BRASS REMOVE THIS MAP IT SUCKS AND I GET SHIT FPS" while on the other side people are saying - "I actually like that map and it runs for me", or "The minefield is what makes that map good, despite it having a global door sound that can be spammed to everyone on the server thus causing staff to have to enforce another map-specific rule".  Thus why I think it's better if we remove the bulk and vote for which ones get re-added (or new ones to be added).

I don't support your idea though because people do nothing but bitch about minigames. Never mind the loot not being balanced (it ultimately becomes a loot-based power creep as things constantly have to be updated to give better loot because people compare it to events or other activities that take around the same time, which is a dumb comparison on TTT. This would be like the 4th time I've updated their drops), people want to do their scrolls. Also Minigames are supposed to be fun not greed-fueled activities, more loot makes people more greedy, and more scummy during said minigames. Buffing the loot is an artificial way to get SOME people to stop complaining about them, but it's not a true fix.

What happens when a boss tries to win? People call them sweaty and shit talk them.

Minigames were first introduced to help break up the monotony of a fairly repetitive gamemode, and make it a bit more exciting to play, that unfortunately isn't how it is received anymore.

The only new minigames I'm considering trying to make for TTT are AI based ones, players vs ai. Minimal toxicity during it, though then people complain about 'leeches'.
Find

(01-08-2019, 12:56 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Map vote system was changed from 100% "Random" every time (with some maps having a cooldown) to a "Cycle" because most of our maps were never played(cycle as in it generates a 'list' of maps that must be played before a new cycle is generated), limited to 4 to help underplayed maps get played (which honestly, I didn't agree with and knew wasn't a great idea anyways, but some people seemed to really want it that way)

Now people are forced to play through maps and dislike it, which I expected. I haven't added very many maps, most of the maps are from Jake's time as manager.

This is untrue. Tobias or you added quite a few maps that FRG used to have and I removed because they were bad. Also some entirely new maps that aren't great. The maps I has all weren't perfect by any means but I truly believe if some maps were removed the map vote system would be fine. keeping it a cycle like that but adding 6 options couldn't hurt though.
Find

(01-08-2019, 12:56 AM)Brassx Wrote:  The only new minigames I'm considering trying to make for TTT are AI based ones, players vs ai. Minimal toxicity during it, though then people complain about 'leeches'.

Stop posting who does how well.
I think that would help the leech agenda.
Of course, you always want to know just how well you did, so perhaps give a general score, but dont actually give any real feedback -- like how krakken is done.

If you dont show people that someone is leeching (i.e. santa), then people wont yell at them for leeching.
Just dont make it like krakken to where doing 1dmg still rewards normal drops so that people dont feel like they can leech and get rewarded.

People will still go afk and w/e, so perhaps have a quicker afk timer on minigames. (Not to mention, stuff like spin2win is now worth doing, so people have something to do when they afk on a minigame if they decide to)

Find

(01-08-2019, 01:03 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  
(01-08-2019, 12:56 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Map vote system was changed from 100% "Random" every time (with some maps having a cooldown) to a "Cycle" because most of our maps were never played(cycle as in it generates a 'list' of maps that must be played before a new cycle is generated), limited to 4 to help underplayed maps get played (which honestly, I didn't agree with and knew wasn't a great idea anyways, but some people seemed to really want it that way)

This is untrue. Tobias or you added quite a few maps that FRG used to have and I removed because they were bad. Also some entirely new maps that aren't great. The maps I has all weren't perfect by any means but I truly believe if some maps were removed the map vote system would be fine. keeping it a cycle like that but adding 6 options couldn't hurt though.

The total maps we added are less than the maps you've added, by a big %. Don't forget you had 100+ maps added. We have added maybe 20 maps in total, including ones we have removed.

I wasn't trying to say yours were bad or anything, just saying we've had a lot of maps for a long time that weren't played, thus the system was added.
Find

I would like to remove maps that people mostly dislike, and also add maps through suggestions on the forums, something less that Brass will have to update. Plus it would be easier for me to update my maps without bothering Brass. Tongue
Find

I just want some more Hunter rounds, man. I've been a hunter, like, twice on FRG and I have like, 1,600 hours?
Find

(01-08-2019, 01:49 AM)Terran Wrote:  I just want some more Hunter rounds, man. I've been a hunter, like, twice on FRG and I have like, 1,600 hours?

2k hours and 3x being hunter, 2x being dragon, 3x being spidro

Find