Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

nerf TMP, buff MP5

Can you give me reasons why and how they should both me changed? You can't just scream "change" (unless a good amount of people scream "change") otherwise this thread is going to be like many other threads and wash away.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠉⠒⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠔⣉⠤⠒⠒⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠀⠀⣤⠶⠶⢶⡄
⠀⣀⠤⠒⢺⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⠊⠀⢸⠀⡿⠀⡀⠀⣀
⠀⠀⣠⠴⠚⢯⡀⠐⠒⠚⠉⠀⢶⠂⠀⣀⠜⠀⢿⡀⠉⠚⠉⣠
⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙  ⣴⠒⠒⣲⢔⠉⠉⣹⣞⣉⣈⠿⢦⣀

(12-30-2018, 07:04 PM)Catbug Wrote:  Can you give me reasons why and how they should both me changed? You can't just scream "change" (unless a good amount of people scream "change") otherwise this thread is going to be like many other threads and wash away.
TMP has incredibly high damage and firerate for staggeringly low recoil/accuracy penalties. I was using one and it felt like the best parts of a galil (clip, firerate) combined with the Mac10 (damage, ease of use). I was questioning why I would use another SMG over it. Damage drop-off is fine, (I think), but the gun is pretty much an automatic lasersight up close. You can't really go wrong with...any of them tbh.

The MP5 feels underwhelming, but that might be personal preference. I've never used a crazy good one, but if I compared, say, my Kaiju MP5 with a Kaiju TMP, the TMP would win easily. Its firerate and feel of it hitting just seem...Weak. Might be because like the TMP, its not as easy to obtain, hence my bias.

But that's just an opinion

TMP up close is obviously good, as that's where it's designed for.
anything further than a few arms' lengths make the accuracy go wild and you're lucky to hit anything.
Find

Fair enough. I'll have to use it more then and get back to you.
Find

As stated, accuacy on TMP is very low.
Find

Even with my molten TMP, I can't down a wizard on my own even if I'm standing as close as possible, with the best LoS. I would need to hold a Sag CCD and someone else with Sag CCD just to make the TMP viable in IOD final boss. The accuracy is horrendous beyond peeing distance and don't get me started on the recoil.

Outside of Events. I've screwed around with the TMP's drop off and let me tell you. The TMP's damage drop off is amazingly bad. I would guess the drop off is half the range of most other SMGs. You lose 1/2 your damage very fast and this is with the best TMP game in the game.

I did a fall off test for shits and giggles.
TMP Start: 151 distance, End 376
Thompson Start: 161 distance, End 376
Mac10 Start: 201 distance, End 376
Vector Start: 451 distance, End 625
P90 and Mini-Uzi was glitch and didn't have fall off :pog:

I don't know if a nerf is order, cause I've never used a regular TMP. But, it destroys at close range (at least mine) and you lose half your damage at medium range, if you can hit one bullet at that range.
Find

(12-30-2018, 07:04 PM)Catbug Wrote:  Can you give me reasons why and how they should both me changed? You can't just scream "change" (unless a good amount of people scream "change") otherwise this thread is going to be like many other threads and wash away.

Just remove both from game Big Grin

Id be up for mp5 getting buffed, or atleast allowed to be more common as a weapon base.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

(01-06-2019, 12:12 PM)THEFINALRICK Wrote:  also there are only like three mp5 prims, and one of them is widely accepted as the worst prim in the server ???
The meatballer isn't an MP5
Find

mp5 has this very cool thing called 2 shot headshot, which mac10 doesn't have, very fast deploy time and reasonable reload speed. I personally feel like it could use some tweaking but not to an extent where I consider it a mac10 but worse. It fills the niche of being an extremely powerful cqc gun like the Thompson, except it's actually better in every way. In all honesty, all I feel like it needs is slightly better stability.
Find