Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Jolly Crystal

I forgot to mention, if one of the above changes I proposed goes through, I will allow it to reflect suffixes at a less common rate.
Find

I liked my ideas
Find

Quote:What if it provided a damage reduction, yet a movement penalty? We don't really have anything asides from -mobility stat that hampers movement. Could be a sort of "tanky" crystal.

That's basically the same thing as a vitality crystal, with a negative downside of -mobility. Can you imagine this WITH + vitality crystal? No thanks.

Quote:Something else could be it'll randomly spawn a client-side present somewhere on the map when the round starts, and picking it up heals you for some HP and replenishes ammo. Kinda like a mini scavenger hunt, but only if you want to grab it.

Not a bad idea, but also very situational and would more than likely become useless most of the time.

Quote:Or it could be something like if you're about to die from fall damage or fire damage (i.e incens), it'll block a hit to save your life (I.E you'll survive a fall with 1HP, or get out of the fire at 1HP).
Too situational again, thus why no one uses half of our crystals. Unless expanded to more things, but even then I don't think a way to save your life and require an extra hit is a solution, as it becomes the very thing you hate - more damage required to kill. I can see that being more upsetting to people than just small amounts of damage being reflected at the cost of your own health.

Quote:Maybe a passive ammo regen like the Dimension Crystal, but it affects other players around you, too. Could be a good event crystal to help out when synergized.
I feel like that would be better suited to an orb than a crystal, because you can choose when to use an orb. A crystal passively, constantly giving ammo out to everyone in a radius lacks control(it would also allow people to tell when you're close to them, if you're sneaking or cloaked and the only person online with the crystal, situational but still a situation that could happen), and is pretty OP. The downside of an orb is you have to switch to it to use it.
it would need more mechanics around it. Maybe 'when standing still'.

What I propose be changed is:
  • Damage taken from a jolly crystal is tracked, and when you kill said jolly crystal user, some of the damage you took from the crystal is returned to your HP after x amount of time. (Borrowing someone else's idea, it could be half, or maybe the full amount. T.B.D)
  • The Crystal gains a 1 in 4 chance to reflect weapon suffixes upon proc(as in when you're shot by a weapon with bleed, there's a 1 in 4 chance if you proc the reflection, to reflect the ability to proc bleed on the attacker). This will be indicated by a green proc marker.

Also in case you didn't know, the crystal was changed awhile ago to be a 45% chance to reflect 20% damage. I forgot to mention it in patchnotes, though my previous post does mention it, but if above is implemented this can be changed again.