Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Sharked

(11-10-2018, 02:59 AM)snoz Wrote:  
(11-10-2018, 02:49 AM)No Dick Nytemart Wrote:  "What you should've done is consulted a person outside of the circle of people that wanted to buy the rune about the pricing itself since you're bound to get very biased pricing from the buyers themselves."

How to try and justify yourself as a scammer/associate to scamming 101

It's true though? If you ask the buyer of an item about it's pricing obviously he is going to be very biased about it.
And as I stated it all started out as a harmless joke. We all just started bidding lowball offers for fun until he randomly took Excels deal without much thought put into it.
But you seem to have it out for me so I doubt you'd even attempt to understand what I'm trying to get at.

(11-10-2018, 03:00 AM)PapaRussia Wrote:  So an NTG Mod with 3k hours doesn't know that you should do research and ask around prices of a rare item before selling it to someone for a price the asked for? There's so many things in place to make sure you absolutly positively O.K with wanting to do the trade laid out before you. If you're not able to do that then that responsibility falls on you.

Because in the heat of the moment when everyone is trying to get the item you just got, someone WHO IS A MEMBER+ saying "its worth 15k" to the offer of 12k, he should still be expected to go out and seek FURTHER assistance? When the MEMBER+ who SHOULD KNOW THINGS ABOUT THE SERVER just told them its 15k? Blatant fucking scam/group effort to scam. Nytemart fucking proved it himself with his quote. Its no different to when someone does the "middleman" scam with absolutely anything.

Stop trying to defend them just because you probably do the same thing and dont want to also get in trouble when someone reports YOU.
Find

I'm not trying to be a dick, but buying it then trying to sell for a way higher price is kinda scummy Sad

Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

(11-10-2018, 03:05 AM)No Dick Nytemart Wrote:  
(11-10-2018, 02:49 AM)No Dick Nytemart Wrote:  "What you should've done is consulted a person outside of the circle of people that wanted to buy the rune about the pricing itself since you're bound to get very biased pricing from the buyers themselves."

It's true though? If you ask the buyer of an item about it's pricing obviously he is going to be very biased about it.
And as I stated it all started out as a harmless joke. We all just started bidding lowball offers for fun until he randomly took Excels deal without much thought put into it.
But you seem to have it out for me so I doubt you'd even attempt to understand what I'm trying to get at.

The only reason now that you're calling it a fucking Joke is because you got called out. Pretty fucking obvious. Otherwise Zebrah was going to just QUIT and NOT SAY ANYTHING. You're still trying to defend yourself which is sad, because you've already put out enough evidence that you guys fucked him over.

LIKE how the hell are you going to say it was a "joke" then try to say it was "buyers bias"???!?!?!? LMAO #BLATANT STORY CHANGE

Hey now, the reports out here. Reports aren't debates, say what you needa say and wait for it to be handled.

- That Thrakos Noob

Your logic goes out the window when three people seemingly actively 'bid' or tell him its worth 15k. Why would he have any reason to doubt people with a lot of play time/member?

How is he supposed to know you guys are buddy-buddy and joking..? For all he knows you guys aren't friends and are legit bidding for the rune.

But It doesn't matter if you're joking or not. Your intentions do not matter at all here, as it gave him the impression that the prices were accurate, and 20k was a good deal. Thus he got sharked.

Excel took advantage of your 'jokes' and offered 20k, in which he accepted. A good member of the community would've told him they were joking and it's worth more than that.

The victims experiences on other servers has absolutely nothing to do with this here. He gave our MEMBERS the benefit of the doubt and got burned for it. If he accepted 20k without any of you guys saying a word about prices, then sure, it's mostly on him. But this is on YOU guys for tricking him (whether intentional or not). Like come on, how the fuck is he supposed to know saying it's worth 15k or bidding 12k for it is a MEME...? He has no context to know that.. Like come on.. Very disappointed. This is not something to shrug off, and seeing how much your group is defending each other shows an even bigger underlying issue of the inner-groups within the community that have become extremely anti-community.

Instead of taking responsibility that your 'jokes' got someone ripped off, you're trying to pass blame onto the victim..

(11-10-2018, 03:11 AM)snoz Wrote:  
(11-10-2018, 03:05 AM)No Dick Nytemart Wrote:  

The only reason now that you're calling it a fucking Joke is because you got called out. Pretty fucking obvious. Otherwise Zebrah was going to just QUIT and NOT SAY ANYTHING. You're still trying to defend yourself which is sad, because you've already put out enough evidence that you guys fucked him over.
Once again you're not listening. I said that it STARTED OUT as a harmless joke. Obviously it got derailed into a full blown scam which is sad, and I've already apologized in my initial post for things turning out as they have. And of course I'm trying to defend myself because you make it sound like I was part of some dubious scheme to scam this low level of his brand new shiny item when in reality all I did was make a fake offer of 15k which then got tangled up in a hasty deal between Excel and Zebrah. Obviously I understand your point of view that I come of as an obvious scammer but I really had no intention of anyone getting scammed.

(11-10-2018, 03:17 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Your logic goes out the window when three people seemingly actively 'bid' or tell him its worth 15k. Why would he have any reason to doubt people with a lot of play time/member?

How is he supposed to know you guys are buddy-buddy and joking..? For all he knows you guys aren't friends and are legit bidding for the rune.

But It doesn't matter if you're joking or not. Your intentions do not matter at all here, as it gave him the impression that the prices were accurate, and 20k was a good deal. Thus he got sharked.

Excel took advantage of your 'jokes' and offered 20k, in which he accepted. A good member of the community would've told him they were joking and it's worth more than that.

The victims experiences on other servers has absolutely nothing to do with this here. He gave our MEMBERS the benefit of the doubt and got burned for it. If he accepted 20k without any of you guys saying a word about prices, then sure, it's mostly on him. But this is on YOU guys for tricking him (whether intentional or not). Like come on, how the fuck is he supposed to know saying it's worth 15k or bidding 12k for it is a MEME...? He has no context to know that.. Like come on.. Very disappointed. This is not something to shrug off, and seeing how much your group is defending each other shows an even bigger underlying issue of the inner-groups within the community that have become extremely anti-community.

Instead of taking responsibility that your 'jokes' got someone ripped off, you're trying to pass blame onto the victim..

You are right Brass. I am personally sorry that this whole ordeal derailed this badly.
Find

I'm sorry if it seemed at all like my intention was to team scam or shark you but to be completely honest I had 0 interest in the actual rune.
I know Excel wanted the rune to reroll his finality for the 18921th time and I wanted to outbid him on the rune to get him back because of him trolling me earlier with my cerberus. I don't personally know you and I didn't intend for anything like this to happen specifically to you for any reason.
IIRC the only two "actual" offers before it was sold was excel who offered 10k in voice, me at 12k in chat and excel who bought it off of you at 20k in the trade window. Believe it or not I would have kept bidding until he stopped and then I'd tell you that I was never actually offering in the first place and that whatever excel's last offer was is probably decent.

Now I could talk for a million years about what I know about Excel, how he thinks or what his intentions are but it'd be impossible for me to explain as anything but one big joke. He's the embodiment of his own meme and he's incredibly entertaining to be around. In this situation he bought a rune for 20k and he posted it MINUTES later for 150k, and if people don't take that as some kind of a joke you're taking this way too seriously.

I wish it had gone better than that but that's in the past and I can't really change that. If it's any consolation I can pay the difference between the 20k and the "actual" price if there is one everyone can agree with.

Ultimate recons went for 20k not but a couple of months back before 50/50 and events slapped millions of coins into the economy and into the hands of a few select people.

But enough about that.
I literally sold a rusty key for 100k and no one batted an eyelash.

Excel bought a rune at a legitimately plausible price and everyone loses their mind.

Granted, I wasn't there, but it's not really a scam. That's just my take on the situation.

(11-10-2018, 02:48 AM)snoz Wrote:  paparussia salty that his scammer friends get called out lmaoooo garb !blocked
I consider myself a member of he so-called group and thus my opinions are entirely biased, but is this really any way to treat someone in the community, either?
!blocking half of the community isn't a solution. It's contributing to the problem. Your own preconceptions are contributing to the situation.
This isn't about 20k. This is a community issue and it's rooted in the bias that everyone holds towards their friend groups and the server as a whole.
Honestly, the Rune of Ult Recon is priced around 40k, sure. But, it's worth more than that in theory. It's the only item that can do what it does, and is extremely rare. The only reason people sell it is because they personally don't need it.
Which is a result of a community driven economy. If you ask me, ult recon is priceless and I'd never sell it, even for 100k. But that's my price of the item. For someone who doesn't understand, it's entirely worth 20k because they have no use for it, and would rather have coins.
Back to my original point, someone telling Zebra that it's worth 40k is an opinion of your own. It's not set in stone at all. It's just based on past experience. So, he's trusting that another member of the community knows what's correct, and that he was scammed from another community member. So, there's a discrepancy and two members are at odds. If you had both agreed that it was 20k, there'd be no thread here and nothing would have happened.

So...

This is a member issue, and not a value-of-item issue whatsoever. I'm not going to say Excel is right in the situation, because he did know that the item was "valued higher". What's lost in the situation is face and credibility, which Excel never really had in the first place, because that's his persona on the server at its base, anyway. Some people love him for it, and some people hate him, but that's just who he is.
So now that you possibly agree that this is an issue with personalities clashing and unreasonable situations that are completely up to opinion, I ask that you please not "!block" half of the server and instead attempt to understand the situation in more entirety and speak with people. People are going to make groups because they need a support system and like to speak to like-minded people, but that's going to create conflict with people that don't think like them. It's only natural. Again, I like Excel, and I'm very biased, but I also like you and most of the other people on the server. The people on the server don't need to be persecuted for decisions that they make that have a thousand correct answers. We can't see the whole dynamic, and if Excel thought for a minute that Zebra would take a single trade as a personal attack against him, I guarantee you that everyone would have changed their actions.

(11-10-2018, 04:13 AM)Nivendo Wrote:  Ultimate recons went for 20k not but a couple of months back before 50/50 and events slapped millions of coins into the economy and into the hands of a few select people.

But enough about that.
I literally sold a rusty key for 100k and no one batted an eyelash.

Excel bought a rune at a legitimately plausible price and everyone loses their mind.

Granted, I wasn't there, but it's not really a scam. That's just my take on the situation.

I mean I'm the one that bought it for 100k and I knew I was overpaying a ton for it lmao