Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[CHANGE] Kraken spawn Chance

(10-26-2018, 02:52 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  Well then I just think that's comparing apples to oranges. Getting the unique from kraken eye doesn't require a bunch of experimenting to see what it does. It requires killing kraken, using eye, being successful on fish, getting lucky. It might take a while but someone's bound to get the unique at sometime.

Kraken eye isn't only for fishing with an ancient rod.
Find

(10-26-2018, 03:04 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(10-26-2018, 02:52 AM)Dreadark Wrote:  Well then I just think that's comparing apples to oranges. Getting the unique from kraken eye doesn't require a bunch of experimenting to see what it does. It requires killing kraken, using eye, being successful on fish, getting lucky. It might take a while but someone's bound to get the unique at sometime.

Kraken eye isn't only for fishing with an ancient rod.

Alright I misunderstood you there then I didn't know that, my bad. I still think kraken chance is okay as it is.
Find

One thing I think does suck about Kraken, though. I've fished up Kraken (6? 7 times?) and gotten top DPS (about 3 or 4 of those times) and never gotten a unique from the boss other than the one time I got top eye dps. Not to complain, but are we sure that fishing up Kraken improves unique chances? It feels like it decreases them if anything lol
Find

Whoever spawned it in should have like a 50% chance to get the eye imo
Find

(10-26-2018, 04:57 PM)Nivendo Wrote:  One thing I think does suck about Kraken, though. I've fished up Kraken (6? 7 times?) and gotten top DPS (about 3 or 4 of those times) and never gotten a unique from the boss other than the one time I got top eye dps. Not to complain, but are we sure that fishing up Kraken improves unique chances? It feels like it decreases them if anything lol

If you're getting the extra crates for fishing it up, It's 100% working. Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it's not there. RNG is RNG after all.

The uniques ARE NOT common. 768 * (place * 0.5) is their base chance, just for the prims. It attempts to roll them twice(including the godlike) for whoever proc's the kraken, rather than just once(the second roll is also at 768, not affected by your place).

To be clear, the uniques are the weapons. Not the enraged eye. Enraged eye has it's seperate system for dropping. (Which btw I made top 12 have a chance to drop it now)
Find

(10-26-2018, 06:31 PM)Brassx Wrote:  The uniques ARE NOT common. 768 * (place * 0.5) is their base chance, just for the prims. It attempts to roll them twice(including the godlike) for whoever proc's the kraken, rather than just once(the second roll is also at 768, not affected by your place).

The best chance you get is 1 in 384 if you only get top. And then 1 in 384, then 1 in 768 if you are top and the one to reel in kraken. This is just for a prim (or a godlike on second roll if you proc kraken). Even being in third gives you a 1 in 1152, Not that great. Wouldn't want to be the person in 20th place (1 in 7680). Granted that multiple people on to defeat kraken increases the odds of dropping by some not much.

If we get kraken at an average of once a day if a bunch of people decide to fish, we're looking at about a few prims in a long while only going by first roll. Obligatory RNG is RNG and multiple will drop eventually, but damn man. Can't even imagine what the chances are for the godlike only for first roll, nor do I want to know because it will just eventually end up being in a black death scenario.

I would be pretty mad, but I'm fine with this because the enraged eye's godlike chance is minuscule compared to that, otherwise we'd probably never get a godlike out of fishing. I'm fine if not slightly disappointed at the fact that fishing takes a long time and people don't pull their weight in the fishing game. (Seriously, if you get an enraged eye, or even a hard/expert scroll, just buy the damned dock. You got something worth well over the price of it.)

So far I'm fine with all of this, and I'll form a better opinion after Halloween is fully over and after fishing gets more updates (like Beebee's sign idea or key fragments).
Find

Find

Your math is correct when calculating a specific prim, for ONE person. But there are multiple set to that rarity. So that increases your odds by quite a bit. (Not to mention the chance for it to drop per kraken fight, is better than the chances to drop for just 1 person)

The chance system works similar to how Jolly Aura's roll on Santa fights, those are at a 1 in 300 base though.

Snowballs are a 1 in 512 base.

Their chances are a bit on the higher end, but I still think it's fair, seeing as the base drops are very good for a 10-15 minute boss, that 32 people can join in on. And there's an entirely separate drop table (enraged eyes) you can access with the much more common eye drop.

But in the end, it's always better to make something TOO rare, rather than not rare enough at the start.
Find

Rarer is gooder than everyone gets it.
Find