Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Extinct Candy Cane Deagle

(10-23-2018, 08:22 PM)tobooasxz Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 08:20 PM)Terran Wrote:  I mean, its the strongest suffix with no downsides. I think a lot of people find it very annoying, and I also thought there was a time where people said "No gun effect should disable someone or prevent them from fighting back", but that's what the ice cube does. You're 100% fucked if it affects you, and you don't even need to be SHOT for it to work; if people miss and the bullet goes close to you, lol ice cube'd.

i mean almost every godlike suffix has no downsides.

where's the downside to thrakos lightning, or tartarus beam?
Bit of a difference between "effect that can take a bit to kill you, while retaining full function and/or something you can avoid or mitigate" than "missed shot freezes you, deals high damage and you can't do anything"

(10-23-2018, 08:26 PM)2koreds Wrote:  Being ice cubed isn't always intentional either tho Terran. Using a normal CCD not extinct I've had several headshots that ended up saving that persons life by the cube proc instead. Plus its a deagle, like it requires some level of skill to use. It's also TTT, not some deathmatch game mode. Traitors are supposed to have the upper hand by default to make up for the numbers. I could be very wrong, but to my knowledge the damage in the cube isn't buffed from the ccd to the extinct ccd (Correct me if wrong). Also, extinct weapons are supposed to be the end game goal. The full intent behind them is to be powerful. If you are in the cube you can still call people out for doing it by typing . There are plenty of ways around cube and/or to make it not good. Just because it irks you personally doesn't mean its ridiculously powerful lol.
In b4 nerf terranables.
Well, one of my main points was you don't even need to land a shot on someone to freeze them. You can literally miss and still freeze them, which is what I think is unfair. If you headshot someone and it ice cubes instead of killing them, that's stupid too. I'm not implying the ice cube should be removed, just revamped.

The rest of the extincts don't seem to be valued that much compared to the CCD. But what ways ARE there around the cube? If someone sprays the deagle at you, and doesn't land a single shot, you can still be frozen and rendered unable to move, shoot, etc. That doesn't seem fair.

A decent change would be that if you land a non-killing blow, it can freeze the person. But you can't just whiff a shot past their shoulder and immediately cube them. That's pretty lame.
Find

(10-23-2018, 08:34 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 08:22 PM)tobooasxz Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 08:20 PM)Terran Wrote:  I mean, its the strongest suffix with no downsides. I think a lot of people find it very annoying, and I also thought there was a time where people said "No gun effect should disable someone or prevent them from fighting back", but that's what the ice cube does. You're 100% fucked if it affects you, and you don't even need to be SHOT for it to work; if people miss and the bullet goes close to you, lol ice cube'd.

i mean almost every godlike suffix has no downsides.

where's the downside to thrakos lightning, or tartarus beam?
Bit of a difference between "effect that can take a bit to kill you, while retaining full function and/or something you can avoid or mitigate" than "missed shot freezes you, deals high damage and you can't do anything"

(10-23-2018, 08:26 PM)2koreds Wrote:  Being ice cubed isn't always intentional either tho Terran. Using a normal CCD not extinct I've had several headshots that ended up saving that persons life by the cube proc instead. Plus its a deagle, like it requires some level of skill to use. It's also TTT, not some deathmatch game mode. Traitors are supposed to have the upper hand by default to make up for the numbers. I could be very wrong, but to my knowledge the damage in the cube isn't buffed from the ccd to the extinct ccd (Correct me if wrong). Also, extinct weapons are supposed to be the end game goal. The full intent behind them is to be powerful. If you are in the cube you can still call people out for doing it by typing . There are plenty of ways around cube and/or to make it not good. Just because it irks you personally doesn't mean its ridiculously powerful lol.
In b4 nerf terranables.
Well, one of my main points was you don't even need to land a shot on someone to freeze them. You can literally miss and still freeze them, which is what I think is unfair. If you headshot someone and it ice cubes instead of killing them, that's stupid too. I'm not implying the ice cube should be removed, just revamped.

The rest of the extincts don't seem to be valued that much compared to the CCD. But what ways ARE there around the cube? If someone sprays the deagle at you, and doesn't land a single shot, you can still be frozen and rendered unable to move, shoot, etc. That doesn't seem fair.

A decent change would be that if you land a non-killing blow, it can freeze the person. But you can't just whiff a shot past their shoulder and immediately cube them. That's pretty lame.

And how do you know the shots that are being "missed" on you aren't actually hitting? Like I said, the ice proc "bullet" replaces the deagle bullet and any damage that shot would have done. Not to mention when it happens you can visually see it, its significantly larger than the shot being fired, so it seems only natural the hitbox for the ice proc bullet is also larger.

When people use the ccd to abuse it and proc on someone without shooting them, the full reason for it is explained above. They intentionally shoot near someones foot, BARELY missing. When the ice proc bullet goes, its larger, and it ends up hitting that person. You can still shoot a proc by the ccd and have it miss. The same applies when you get hit by it when it is intended to be shot at you and not abused like the aforementioned situation. Its a larger projectile itself. It literally shoots a candy cane at the person. You can claim all you want that the person shooting at you is missing their shots and that can definitely be the case, but the larger candy cane/ice proc itself makes it that much easier to hit. Not to mention just because someone missed the past 3 shots on you doesn't mean they won't hit the 4th.

I don't mean to argue with you or be rude, but that is how the gun is. It still takes skill to hit the candy cane proc to ice cube someone. It still takes aim to hit with a deagle. Also, another reason the ccd is so sought after as the "best" extinct is because it is a RELIABLE SECONDARY. If the CCD took a primary weapon slot I guarantee you it would not be used as frequently as it is now, nor would its usage rates vary from other extinct godlikes. It is a powerful secondary. That is why you see so many people use it. Most secondaries are shit or incredibly rare. The proc does indeed make it heavily sought after, but whats stopping people from using frostburns, hellfire, dragon strikes, kunai, or aezurth to replace the extinct ccd? Two answers tbh; It's better because its a deagle with a reliable proc, and it's easier to obtain than the aforementioned. Bathory has been trying to buy a frost for like 3 months now? I'll even take your personal play style into consideration man. Why do you yourself use a deagle secondary instead of a glock? The one shot headshot chance is well worth it, and much more satisfying. Correct me if I am wrong there. All of these things factor in. You know what needs a real nerf? Frostburn ice spikes now. Easily slaughter someone or a group of people with server tickrate change, but why is there no nerf thread? Because there aren't a large surplus of people using frostburns.

Also, if you get ice cubed just count it out or hold an orb of healing. Once your cube is up it's pure reaction time: You vs the baddie. If you have a deagle you can still win that fight in 1 shot. While you're cubed, type in chat "THIS FUCKER ICE CUBED ME, KOS 2KOREDS". ttt_radio comms are blocked in cube, and you have the equivalent of a comm jammer effect on you, but you can still type out kos's while in the cube, ensuring the death of the fucker who did it to you. It's not a perfect or unbeatable weapon man.
Find

I actually know it works on missing, because I shot between someone's feet like I was using an ice gun and it cubes them. That there is my primary complaint, you say it takes skill to ice cube someone, but, you can literally cube them while missing. Try it yourself if you'd like, just shoot between their feet and you can ice them without even trying to hit them.

Its also a bit more annoying to RNG lose when you're a T.
Find

This would make the extinct ccd shit. What I don’t understand is that u complained that new players would have a harder time getting a crystal synegizer because the price of hellfire crates was increased, so it’s unfair. But somehow it’s perfectly fair to ruin an extinct gun that costs 400k to make. Also you think that the snowman alone is enough to spend 400k to extinct it like wtf lol. If this gets changed then i night as well use the snowman to its fullest and ice all the time (even more then I do now

Lastly, I’ve had multiple kills be taken away because of the ice proc it’s even gotten me killed on my t round because the hs freezes them instead of killing them
Find

I actually made suggestions to get the snowman buffed, because I think its a joke more or less and pretty pointless/useless, but it was met with flak.

Surely people agree that at the very least, the CCD should not replace a kill with a cube or be able to cube upon missing, right? I'm fine if that is the only change made. Its both a benefit and a negative. If the damage dealt is high enough to kill someone, it won't cube them.
Find

(10-23-2018, 09:11 PM)Terran Wrote:  I actually made suggestions to get the snowman buffed, because I think its a joke more or less and pretty pointless/useless, but it was met with flak.

Surely people agree that at the very least, the CCD should not replace a kill with a cube or be able to cube upon missing, right? I'm fine if that is the only change made. Its both a benefit and a negative. If the damage dealt is high enough to kill someone, it won't cube them.

I extincted the ccd because I couldn’t get iced. I didn’t like it when it iced the user so I didn’t use it changing it would be relatively annoying imo since I spent 480k to make it. Ik that’s a little selfish but shouldn’t I be because of how much I spent to make the gun. (I’ve gotten killed icing people a lot on my t round than actually freezing a t
Find

(10-23-2018, 09:16 PM)Axe Wrote:  
(10-23-2018, 09:11 PM)Terran Wrote:  I actually made suggestions to get the snowman buffed, because I think its a joke more or less and pretty pointless/useless, but it was met with flak.

Surely people agree that at the very least, the CCD should not replace a kill  with a cube or be able to cube upon missing, right? I'm fine if that is the only change made. Its both a benefit and a negative. If the damage dealt is high enough to kill someone, it won't cube them.

I extincted the ccd because I couldn’t get iced. I didn’t like it when it iced the user so I didn’t use it changing it would be relatively annoying imo since I spent 480k to make it
That's fine, I didn't make the thread demanding it to be changed, I just wanted to see if others agreed. If the majority is that it shouldn't that's OK, but then what is your opinion on it icing people even on missed shots? Surely that's a bit lame and unfair, rewarding missing with benefit.
Find

Kinda like 2koreds said, I've tried headshotting people or even afk's with the extinct ccd and they ended up living because ice cube proc'd, and you can still be called out while iced, I don't personally see a problem with the weapon.
Find

(10-23-2018, 09:28 PM)frosto Wrote:  Kinda like 2koreds said, I've tried headshotting people or even afk's with the extinct ccd and they ended up living because ice cube proc'd, and you can still be called out while iced, I don't personally see a problem with the weapon.
Well, that's a problem. My currently proposed change is what I just said a few times, if the damage done is enough to kill them, ice won't proc. However, ice won't proc on missed/whiffed shots, either.
Find

Just to be clear, icing on collision hull bounds(even if you miss a hitbox) is not intended, and is a bug that I never ended up resolving.