Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Nerf] Extinct Candy Cane Deagle

(10-23-2018, 09:33 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Just to be clear, icing on collision hull bounds(even if you miss a hitbox) is not intended, and is a bug that I never ended up resolving.
Ohh, OK. That makes sense. I'd like for it to be fixed, because it really isn't very fun to have someone rapid-fire a weapon at you, miss every shot, but reward them with icing you.

I think this thread can be concluded with "If that bug is fixed, everything is fine".
Find

Just fix that and it should be good, I got to use a CCD for a while and honestly, it's gotten me way more bs moments than having it work against me when I'm trying to get a headshot. I've litterally been ambushed from behind and did blind 180 to freeze people without even bothering to aim. Sure, the trait is powerful, but we still have a gun that puts a sun on people and does over 70 damage after it pops or a galil that just makes everyone go boom. Once the BS factor gets removed, it should be in an ok spot.
Find

i think the main thing is just the fact that ice exists
and ice is aids
and the most op trait ever
yes

(10-23-2018, 08:25 PM)Beebee1303 Wrote:  Karma killers. Like thats the real reason why I don't use many of the Godlikes anyway. Peph, Asc, Tart, Thrak, and more.

Also that tartarus can harm yourself and thrakos beam is still not as good as basically completely immobilizing someone

And yeah, it procing when it doesn't hit you is the most bullshit part. I think if thats fixed it would be manageable.
Find

Isn't the ccd downside you know, you can't fucking 1 tap them if it procs on a headshot?
Find

I've never been a fan of the CCD, and if I'm allowed to be overly dramatic for a second it COMPLETELY DAMPENS THE EXPERIENCE THAT IS TTT
TTT is a fast paced, skill oriented gamemode but nothing slows it down more/ is less skillful than this suffix, on a deagle.

First Scenario:
You're a traitor and you aim for a headshot, but the suffix procs, costing you the kill and freezes the guy. They don't die and instead call you out in the chat.
Second Scenario:
You're a traitor. You shoot at your target. They turn around CCD in hand, MISS YOU ENTIRELY, BUT FREEZE YOU ON THE FIRST SHOT AND PROCEED TO ASSEMBLE A FIRING SQUAD ON YOU AS YOU DO NOTHING BUT TAKE DAMAGE

It's complete bullshit honestly, both the random proc and the effect. All it does is cause frustration either way.

I'd like to see the effect just be reworked.
Have the effect changed (in runescape terms) from an ice barrage to an ice rush where the time you get frozen reduces from 20~ seconds to 5 seconds.
The proc becomes a charge instead and while you're frozen you take no DOT damage, can still take bullet damage but it gets reduced heavily (no team statue ez kills).
Also to prevent whiners, body shot damage gets increased to 50 (at least on extinct) so it retains it's "value" as a noob friendly secondary that everyone and their mother uses for everything

These changes would(in theory):
  • Retain the fast paced nature of the gamemode
  • Retain(possibly increase?) the value of the CCD as it would be the only deagle with two shot to bodies
  • Reduce bullshit of having kill denied by icing on random shot
  • Reduce bullshit of getting frozen out of nowhere
  • Make me 99% less likely to press = on my keyboard
Find

make it a qte to get out of icecube
Find

Kuro is smart.
Find

Just posting here that yes, 100% you can totally miss with the CCD yet still freeze them.
Find