Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: CTD on map change? (crash-to-desktop_
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Still crashing on map changes occasionally.

(12-04-2018, 11:46 PM)Fancy Jolly Typh Wrote:  Hey.
This has been me the past week and a half or so. Also heard Alex complaining about it.
As of today the past 4 map changes in a row ive crashed every single time. Kinda annoying.

br_disable_downloads 1 on final round of TTT (or first round), then before you logoff reset it to
br_disable_downloads 0

That's what I had terran do and it seemed to work.
Find

Yeah, it fixed all the map change crashes and that for me so far. Only times I crash is very rarely when I die sometimes.
Find

ive always crashed everyonce in a while with gmod switching maps. of course it normally happens when i switch tabs while its loading up, but it has definetly been occuring more often for me ltley
Find

is this when you crash after map change or in the middle of map change, I just crashed again when i joined into the new map
Find

I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.
Bouncy Rounds

(12-05-2018, 04:38 AM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.

No, during sending client info it mounts your existing content. Only after you load in does it check for updates (which doesn't affect anything).
Find

What about my internet going out when I sometimes launch gmod and refresh the server list? I will lose connection to my wifi disconnecting me from everything, and its happened on two separate wifis (the one 1 use at school and the 1 I use at home).
Find

(12-05-2018, 06:09 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 04:38 AM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.

No, during sending client info it mounts your existing content. Only after you load in does it check for updates (which doesn't affect anything).

I know that you wrote the code, but when I did br_custom_downloads 0 and br_disable_dowloads 1 I no longer see the checking for updates in the chat anymore and I load faster. Do you know why? I had like a 1 minute lag spike when I had thise enabled.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(12-05-2018, 04:40 PM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 06:09 AM)Brassx Wrote:  

I know that you wrote the code, but when I did br_custom_downloads 0 and br_disable_dowloads 1 I no longer see the checking for updates in the chat anymore and I load faster. Do you know why? I had like a 1 minute lag spike when I had thise enabled.

Because disabling it disables the entire system. The mounting of your in-game downloaded content is the only aspect of it that takes time/strains your client at all. It disables checking for updates too, but that's literally just number comparisons, less demanding on your internet/pc than loading our forums for instance.
Find