Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Request] - Custom Map

If you've ever played the map 343 Guilty Spark for Halo: CE (The first Halo), I was hoping to see a map based on it.

The basic premise has the upper area being a heavily treed, foggy/marshy swamp area with plenty of vegetation and natural bridges. Deeper into the map, there's the entrance to an underground complex with a very large elevator to lead down into it, featuring a sort of catacomb-like design featuring large, unique rooms and hallways. Of course, I'm not talking about some sort of 1:1 recreation, but just the idea.

The map is way too large normally, but with some clever thinking and sliced up right, I think it could be super cool. Any takers? I'd try it myself but I'm so inexperienced that it'll take me years.

Just in-case anyone was thinking of making a cool map. Here's some screenshots!

https://www.google.com/search?q=343+guilty+spark+map+screenshots+halo+ce&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwietarWmqrdAhUBN30KHdtGDOUQ_AUICigB&biw=1913&bih=941
Find

What's stopping you from learning to make one? Also my map lunarresearch had a surface and installation underground... on the moon

I still dont know what to fix on it because it broke a minigame round and it was removed before I could even learn what did it.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

Might be better off posting this on facepunch.
Find

(09-08-2018, 01:55 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  What's stopping you from learning to make one? Also my map lunarresearch had a surface and installation underground... on the moon

I still dont know what to fix on it because it broke a minigame round and it was removed before I could even learn what did it.
Strange. But does your upper level have swamp, lots of fog and trees? I want fog.

(09-08-2018, 02:11 AM)Jake1o Wrote:  Might be better off posting this on facepunch.
I don't think they'll do it for a deathbringer or anything like that Sad
Find

(09-08-2018, 02:30 AM)Terran Wrote:  Strange. But does your upper level have swamp, lots of fog and trees? I want fog.

(09-08-2018, 01:55 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  What's stopping you from learning to make one? Also my map lunarresearch had a surface and installation underground... on the moon

"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

(09-08-2018, 03:04 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  
(09-08-2018, 02:30 AM)Terran Wrote:  Strange. But does your upper level have swamp, lots of fog and trees? I want fog.

did you know there's nazis on the moon, you bigoted fuck?
its a video game, just make it a bio-dome or something and have a swamp in it. JEEZ.
Find

Literally anyone can make a map. It's pretty easy too. I taught myself how to use hammer with some help from black parade and youtube videos.

You have to think if this map is good for TTT. TTT has to have corners and things to hide behind or else its almost like flat grass.

Making a map from a game is not too hard but time consuming. How much do you want to bet that the people who made maps based on another video game had the game up and had to look at it every 2 minutes? Making a map takes time if you want it to resemble something.
Find

(09-08-2018, 03:50 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  Literally anyone can make a map. It's pretty easy too. I taught myself how to use hammer with some help from black parade and youtube videos.

You have to think if this map is good for TTT. TTT has to have corners and things to hide behind or else its almost like flat grass.

Making a map from a game is not too hard but time consuming. How much do you want to bet that the people who made maps based on another video game had the game up and had to look at it every 2 minutes? Making a map takes time if you want it to resemble something.

Hence why I don't wanna do it, lazy af
will give deathbringer if map is good
Find

deathbringer? Yikes. In the time it'd take to make something worth publishing you could've made enough to buy multiple deathbringers.
Find

You can try and port the map into Source, but I'm not sure what steps you need to take in order to do that, I don't even know if it's possible for Halo maps.
Find