Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

Poll: whAt sHIny???/?
chikoriana
cyndungquol
toto BLESS THE RAINS DOWN IN AFRICAAAAAAAAAAAAA dile
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

shiny honting

so
i got my wisdom teeth out on friday

slept
woke up on saturday
decided to shiny hunt gen 4 starters since i was hurting too much to focus on homework, so pressing 4 buttons until you see a new color should be doable, right?

2 days later and i finally hit 1000 soft resets with no shiny yet
so as motivation, i want yall to guess what shiny i get. if i ever get it and remember this thread whenever i next get on ill like give 1k coins to the people who guessed right

i also want people to post a number between 1000 and however large, given that that number be the number of SR's it takes me until i get a shiny.
(each soft reset gets me 3 encounters, so you can guess high at like 3300 and it would both count for 3300 soft resets and 1100 encounters xp)

gl;hf
cause im not
my jaw really hurts
lmao
When a dragon round begins.

Find

Umpty Dumpty
Find

Rip fancy. I got my wisdom teeth out and had steak and rice for dinner the next night. Also got locked out of my car and had to walk 4 miles home in Wisconsin winter.

Shiny todo africa dile man. 4500
Find

Wisdom tooth extraction is great. They lie you down, then jab you with needles. Grabbing those mini scalpels they slice the gum open. Then they take those little hammer and chisels and crack the teeth, using pliers to pull out the chunks, all the while a tube is sucking the blood up so you don't choke on it (or bits of tooth). After like an hour and a half, they give you some gauze, tell you to bite down for 30 minutes and if bleeding persists, go to a hospital.

Was a wonderful experience.

update:
1212 sr's
like 140 more until im statistically guaranteed a shiny

(basically saying ive opened 9000 helfires and saying ok where my rock or sword or pistol)

lmao

1732 lmaoooooo

Find

Can I ask what method your using? And you said gen 4 starters but those are gen 2 in the poll. Should honestly probably just go do masuda it to get a nature/egg moves you want.
Find

Have we reached peak autism?
Find

(08-28-2018, 09:29 PM)Terran Wrote:  Have we reached peak autism?
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(08-28-2018, 09:17 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  Can I ask what method your using? And you said gen 4 starters but those are gen 2 in the poll. Should honestly probably just go do masuda it to get a nature/egg moves you want.

soft reseting
you're
gen 4 as in soulsilver, didnt specify but assumed would have guessed
im doing a run with getting shinies via special ways only. as in (eventually) all starters via soft reset, at least 1 legendary roamer, shiny lugia via soft reset, so forth

i could very easily do this in the new gens with like a much, much much easier chance of success, but that takes out some of the fun. I like my mons saying "from a very, very far away land... johto", or something of the sort.

and yeah peak autism was reached at 1833 soft resets xp, im not a very lucky guy so i expect my hunts to always run past odds
have yet to have one that hasnt :')

Find