Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Map pool cleanup

Maps that should be removed

Any and all MC maps-

We already have a 24hr mc server, so people who don't mind bad maps can just go there. There is no reason to keep these horribly laggy, poorly designed maps in the map pool. (That one with the big volcano is particularly shite.) I don't understand how no one has managed to make a good mc map yet, but honestly, they're all either buggy, tank fps, are a huge pain to navigate, or a sickening combination of the three.

DM_maps-

Either low, or no ammo spawns on these maps. They're also usually "too tight" making it almost impossible to move around when the server is populated. We shouldn't have maps that FORCE players to equip a dimension crystal, or lose because there is no ammo.

The Thing-

This one hurts as a fan of the original movie. (One of the best Sci-Horrors of all time, and basically what TTT is based on.) but the map itself is buggy, none of the ladders work, and half the time player models are stuck as T-posed arctic combine making it difficult to actually shoot them.

Dev_ruins-

I really like this map just design wise, The only reason I think it should be removed is the T-traps on it are just... the worst.

They kill almost everything in the middle of the maps, and T-buddies are constantly dieing just because a T activated them from across the map. They cover a huge area of the map, can still kill even inside buildings, and give no indication of going off. It's just not a fun design when half the server dies randomly at the start of each round.

Quick Additions from suggestions;

Heaven, and Hendrix are notorious FPS wasters.

Concentration is another one, but I also agree the nazi iconography is probably not a good look for the server.

Castle's Key should be removed, it's actually broken. Rounds can get down to a few seconds, or even instantly over.
Tneconni
Find

If I can add to this, Castle's key needs to be removed & Concentration needs to go for more reasons than the lag.

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

If I can add to this, community pool overhaul, heaven, and a few other maps that have shit frames or are just broken that I can't think of rn
Find

(08-15-2018, 08:19 PM)knaveHearted Wrote:  -snip-

I agree with all of these.
Find

(08-15-2018, 08:19 PM)knaveHearted Wrote:  Dev_ruins-

I really like this map just design wise, The only reason I think it should be removed is the T-traps on it are just... the worst.

They kill almost everything in the middle of the maps, and T-buddies are constantly dieing just because a T activated them from across the map. They cover a huge area of the map, can still kill even inside buildings, and give no indication of going off. It's just not a fun design when half the server dies randomly at the start of each round.

I could probably decompile the map and remove the t traps because it's small , also maybe with the castle key
Find

(08-15-2018, 10:39 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  

I could probably decompile the map and remove the t traps because it's small , also maybe with the castle key

Nice. You should edit that Lunch map so that the Lemon button can only be accessed via a T room or something. Heh.
Find

(08-15-2018, 11:06 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(08-15-2018, 10:39 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  

Nice. You should edit that Lunch map so that the Lemon button can only be accessed via a T room or something. Heh.

even if he fixed the melee opening it, theres a big gap you can enter through easily with shurikens or grimiore of bw so that would be a problem too
Find

just get rid of the lemons too tbh they're dumb

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(08-15-2018, 11:28 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  just get rid of the lemons too tbh they're dumb

you're dumb
I love lemons
Find

Yes 100% Remove lemon map or fix the lemons it is a terrible T-Trap even if it was only for Traitors its very spammable and Broken
Find