Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Desperado/ Felriff - Ban Appeal

(07-07-2018, 01:24 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Kuro Wrote:  A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

I believe it should be as hard to appeal a permanent ban as it is to get one, very hard. They should not be handed out lightly.
In this case a permanent ban was justified and got more justified as time went on.

At any point if he had been given a second chance, permanent bans mean less, and this dude become Mr Cheese v2

Now that's not very fair. Plenty of people get permanently banned. They aren't hard to get either.
Image (Probably banned for advertising)
And countless permanent RDM ones.

Just because they decided to RDM a few people a year ago and decide they want to try the server out the way it was meant to be played and being said "No, you mass rdmed/rdmed and left in the past and we can't accept that."

It's pretty surprising because you don't even know the guy other than the action that got him banned and then a year later decided to look up a random server when he could've just played so many others.

Now for this case, I can't personally say because I didn't exist at the time, but it looks like the other servers forgave and haven't banned him again. If you really wanted to check if he changed, just go to one of the servers under a different name when hes on and judge for yourself.

Again, if you just don't like his personality this time around, just record and make a thread when you think you have enough evidence.

I agree that permanent bans are not very hard to come by, they SHOULD be harder to come by. I disagree with plenty of the rules on the server. I feel like intentions should be weighed more in deciding bans.
For example a new person can come in, drop the n bomb, and be permanently banned without considering the intention. Then a certain someone can say it and have everyone laugh it off.  

That's not to say I don't agree with this case, I do think he should remain banned for the time being .
Personally I'd like to see him engaging with the community more before an appeal, much like Matlas, Nuggie, and D3f4ult did before their unbans.
We've got a Discord, shoutbox, and forums. My private channel in Discord is open to most people and I like talking with new people.

I don't agree with showing up after a history like this and be handed a second chance and go on your way onto thin ice to go drown.
Find

(07-07-2018, 01:50 AM)Kuro Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 01:24 AM)TJ1524 Wrote:  
(07-07-2018, 12:46 AM)Kuro Wrote:  A permanent ban is meant to be permanent, it's supposed to mean that you never come back. What's the point of perma banning somebody so they can come back and get more chances?

I believe it should be as hard to appeal a permanent ban as it is to get one, very hard. They should not be handed out lightly.
In this case a permanent ban was justified and got more justified as time went on.

At any point if he had been given a second chance, permanent bans mean less, and this dude become Mr Cheese v2

Now that's not very fair. Plenty of people get permanently banned. They aren't hard to get either.
Image (Probably banned for advertising)
And countless permanent RDM ones.

Just because they decided to RDM a few people a year ago and decide they want to try the server out the way it was meant to be played and being said "No, you mass rdmed/rdmed and left in the past and we can't accept that."

It's pretty surprising because you don't even know the guy other than the action that got him banned and then a year later decided to look up a random server when he could've just played so many others.

Now for this case, I can't personally say because I didn't exist at the time, but it looks like the other servers forgave and haven't banned him again. If you really wanted to check if he changed, just go to one of the servers under a different name when hes on and judge for yourself.

Again, if you just don't like his personality this time around, just record and make a thread when you think you have enough evidence.

I agree that permanent bans are not very hard to come by, they SHOULD be harder to come by. I disagree with plenty of the rules on the server. I feel like intentions should be weighed more in deciding bans.
For example a new person can come in, drop the n bomb, and be permanently banned without considering the intention. Then a certain someone can say it and have everyone laugh it off.  

That's not to say I don't agree with this case, I do agree he should remain banned for the time being .
Personally I'd like to see him engaging with the community more before an appeal, much like Matlas, Nuggie, and D3f4ult did before their unbans.
We've got a Discord, shoutbox, and forums. My private channel in Discord is open to most people and I like talking with new people.

I don't agree with showing up after a history like this and be handed a second chance and go on your way onto thin ice to go drown.

...Like with Nacholistic.
He joined the discord, was SUPER cool
...then he didnt get a drop he wanted, and himself realized that this wasnt what he thought he wanted. And he left.

But point of the story, that he really, really involved himself before he got unbanned. And honestly it's probably the reason he got unbanned.

That's why I mentioned McNuggie earlier. In these situations he's a good model as to how to go about being unbanned.
But with that, I cant say I expect someone to just throw themselves into a community they cant participate in. I myself would find that intimidating in the sense that I would have no clue whats happening/etc. Perhaps -1ing this would cause that reason to grow for new applicants, but I cant put all my faith into that. Perhaps that's fault of myself. Either way, I'll support this one, and see if Desperado proves me wrong or not.
When a dragon round begins.

This is a big ass freaking Unban Thread.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

Lord Almighty, why is this so long?!
all of McNuggie's appeals combined probably aren't as long as this.

Ok, so actually all combined there was 9 total pages of discussion from past unban appeals from Nuggie, which still isn't that much considering he made at least 3
Honestly, just unban him. If he starts up again by harassing the locals, just boot him out of here for good
(No offence to Nuggie)
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Comparing this to something like a mass RDM ban is stupid. What this guy did goes much further beyond. I'm currently not willing to give him a second chance, I'm just not convinced.

Just reading his replies he comes off as a very ignorant, and fake person. That's just my opinion though, but it's one I feel is very much true, I've been doing this for a long time and have dealt with more fake people than I can count. Claiming he was banned for harassment alone is also inaccurate.

It's been just over a year since his last appeal, and I'll just straight up say: I don't buy any of your replies. What I feel like you are doing is sucking up, trying to make it seem like you've changed. You haven't. Not many people do complete 180's in as little of a time as a year, and you yourself stating 'I'm not toxic anymore' says nothing.

Getting unbanned is an uphill battle, and bans dished out by me personally aren't ones easily lifted. I'm actually a bit disappointed in some of you guys so quick to try and overrule my decision to perma ban someone.

Mid-reply I decided to check up on his story.. Well..

Yeah no thanks. I wish you well in where ever you go, but it won't be here.