Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Universal Submachine Pistol

Big Grin 
Lots of times I get an awe-inspiring idea for an UMP, and write it down. I've had this list shelved away, adding to it for almost 3 years now. Now is its time to see the light of day.

Quicksilver
UMP
Legendary
Silver Color
+25% Firerate
+75% Reload Speed
+20% Mobility
+90% Deploy Speed
-10 Clip
-16% Damage
Guaranteed Trait: Mobility on Kill
Flavor Text: Sprites of Wind inhabit the organic matter hidden in this weapon.

Tarabesque
UMP
Common
Sandy Tan Color
+10% Damage
+5 Clip
Guaranteed Trait: Always spawns with 3 random Traits.
SPECIAL: Using this in a Key with other Common items upgrades the Key to any Tiered Key from 3 to 6. Lower chance for higher tier obviously
Flavor Text: Despite lacking in power, this piece of the past still holds some potential.
Inspiration for idea: Common items only take up space, as they are hard to obtain, and only make Tier 1 keys. This weapon makes Adequates somewhat more valuable.

Asterios
UMP
Unlikely (Unique from Grim's Labyrinth Chests)
Crimson Color
+35% Damage
-5.5% Firerate
Guaranteed Trait: weakened version of the Bloodfury's damage trait (more damage the lower the user's health)
Flavor Text: All rational thought is gone when holding this weapon.
Inspiration for idea: The Bloodfury's damage trait is seen as a byproduct, or just an extra for the weapon, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to give it a bit more attention. The name is actually the real name of the Minotaur from Greek Mythology.

Epitaph
UMP
Primordial
Dark Grey color
+30% Damage
+10 Clip
+50% Accuracy
-40% Firerate
-80% Reload Speed
Unique Trait: Upon 3 consecutive shots, effects target, causing them to take 2x as much fall damage for 30-50 seconds. No indicator is given when effected and when it ends.
Flavor Text: Fall into an eternal slumber, as your wings will carry you only so high.
Inspiration: I wanted an item that wouldn't tell whether you got out unscathed or not. Seeing as how fall damage is an everpresent source of damage, it seemed appropriate.

Sovereign
UMP
Primordial
Rainbow color (like heroic or bellum)
-10% in all stats besides clip, mobility, and stability
Unique Trait: Upon firing a shot against a player equipped with any item with color changing, (ex: durandal, heroic, bellum) gain +45% to all stats (excluding those mentioned above) for 5 seconds. Time refreshes on hit.
Flavor Text: All servant knees shall bend towards their progenitor.
Inspiration: Unsure. Was just brainstorming and this idea somehow became a thing.

Snowbird
UMP
Unlikely
Light / Pale Blue Color
+17% Mobility
+20% Accuracy
-5% Damage
+23% Stability
-10% Deploy Speed
Unique Trait: 1 in 5 for Walk on Ice, but inflicts upon user aswell when triggered on another player.
Flavor Text: The entire weapon is coated in permafrost.
Inspiration: Pure. Meme. I also wanted the Ice Trait to be more widely available for everyone.

Babyface
UMP
Legendary
Light Pink Color
+30% Damage
+35% Stability
+12% Mobility
+22% Firerate
+5% Reload Speed
Unique: Equipped User has permanent 2x head size / hitbox
Flavor Text: Waaaaaahhh
Inspiration: Big heads are an underused concept. I wanted a weapon with really good stats for it's tier, but one massive drawback. Hence, big head.

Lavradour
UMP
Primordial
Molten Skin
+11% Mobility
+29% Damage
+31% Firerate
+5 - 9 Clip
-35% Deploy Speed
+14% Reload Speed
-27% Stability
+25% Fire Damage resistance
Unique Traits: Firewalk (Unique Variation: Short duration, but always procs on leg shots) and Slow on Leg Shots.
Flavor Text: Indiscriminate Destruction is sure to follow by using this weapon.
Inspiration: Leg shots are not viable, nor should they be. But this should give some incentive at the very least.

Undesired Wishbone
UMP
Rare
Gory Skin
-5% Damage
+20% Mobility
-18% Firerate
-20% Accuracy
+32% Deploy Speed
Unique Trait: When this weapon is equipped, and used by a Traitor, purchasing the Random Class T Item will always grant the Necromancer Class, however, Zombie Creation creates Player-Zombies half as often.
Flavor Text: A must-have for any avid pursuer of Necromancy.

Reality Marble
UMP
Rare
Excelerated Skin
+10 Clip
+10% Firerate
+30% Accuracy
-20% Reload Speed
-20% Deploy Speed
+20% Stability
Unique Trait: When this weapon is equipped, and used by either a Traitor or Detective, purchasing Random Class will always grant the Mage Class. Additionally, Fireballs will proc 2x as often when firing.
Flavor Text: Uses a forbidden art to impose the user's internal landscape on the world.

Orbweaver
UMP
Legendary
Dark Green Color
+70% Stability
+50% Accuracy
+10% Mobility
-15 Clip
-10% Reload Speed
Unique Trait: Deals +30-50% Extra Damage to Spiders (Spiderings, Spider Queen, and NPC Spiders)
Flavor Text: Anything with more than two legs is toast.
Umpty Dumpty

i fully agree with all of there because umps are legit the best gun +2

where J-UMP oh wait its blackdeath nvm
Find

Wall of text with personal opinions incoming!
Usurper is a no because holy fuck you would shred bosses due to the fact that you can ignore mechanics and the health drop doesn't mean much if you pay attention and aren't the kiter. BabyFace has literally no downside but a crafting trait taking up a slot. Orb Weaver is honestly okay because FUCK SPIDERS. Reality marble is a neat idea as it let's you force a class and increases fireballs but with crafting it's just too broken with the 2x fireball. Wishbone idea is also neat but well player zombies are rare enough and are necromancers best thing. Lavradour should have a better effect because as is it's kinda bleh. I love the idea for snowbird. Sovereign seems kinda.... broken as there is no negatives if anyone is using a rainbow gun or melee and there are lots of those. Epitaph is neat maybe make a secondary that has a synergy with it say *launches people*. Quicksilver should be like its much counterpart and stay dead as holy fuck guaranteed moby on kill barely any reload or deploy speed and 20% mobility the downsides of clip is negated whilst the fire rate negates the damage downside maybe make it less stacked and tank its accuracy. Asterios is neat but maybe give it it's own effect and/or make it a prim so its actually unique. An unlikely with Asterios' current effect would make crafting even more stacked. This is if the stats are well... kept. Some of the ideas are neat and I would like to see them in game but not in such a unbalanced way. Overall however, it is a -1 from me.
Find

I will admit the Usurper is a bad idea, and was kind of just thrown in at last second. I will be replacing it with something better

(09-25-2019, 04:54 PM)Echidnah Wrote:  Wall of text with personal opinions incoming!
Usurper is a no because holy fuck you would shred bosses due to the fact that you can ignore mechanics and the health drop doesn't mean much if you pay attention and aren't the kiter. BabyFace has literally no downside but a crafting trait taking up a slot. Orb Weaver is honestly okay because FUCK SPIDERS. Reality marble is a neat idea as it let's you force a class and increases fireballs but with crafting it's just too broken with the 2x fireball. Wishbone idea is also neat but well player zombies are rare enough and are necromancers best thing. Lavradour should have a better effect because as is it's kinda bleh. I love the idea for snowbird. Sovereign seems kinda.... broken as there is no negatives if anyone is using a rainbow gun or melee and there are lots of those. Epitaph is neat maybe make a secondary that has a synergy with it say *launches people*. Quicksilver should be like its much counterpart and stay dead as holy fuck guaranteed moby on kill barely any reload or deploy speed and 20% mobility the downsides of clip is negated whilst the fire rate negates the damage downside maybe make it less stacked and tank its accuracy. Asterios is neat but maybe give it it's own effect and/or make it a prim so its actually unique. An unlikely with Asterios' current effect would make crafting even more stacked.  This is if the stats are well... kept. Some of the ideas are neat and I would like to see them in game but not in such a unbalanced way. Overall however, it is a -1 from me.

Few things I'd like to point out, Babyface doesn't HAVE the big head trait, it IS the big head trait, meaning that in exchange for great stats YOU are the Big Head. Wishbone NEEDS a downside as Necromancer is just unstoppable once it gets zombies going.
Another thing, some people have commented that some of the stats seem "broken" or way too high.
Let's take a look at some of the current UMPs:
Banshee of course has the coolest trait of them, but the lowest PWR and damage. It is also the only UMP besides the Faithful that cannot 2-Tap
Faithful is just good. It's not 2-Tap good, but being an unlikely means it has lots of crafting potential. PWR is actually decent for it's stats and rarity
Umpty Dumpty is the most versatile. It's Rare, guaranteed look at feet, and 2-Tap. Best UMP overall. PWR is average, but it is a player killer, not an event weapon.
Hump de Bump is...bad. It was given Galil stats on a weapon that NEEDS Clip and Damage, not fucktons of firerate and -reload speed. It also has LESS base damage than the Umpty Dumpty, a rare. UMP's are accurate, medium ranged weapons meant for quick combat. Hump has the stats of an Event Weapon, but on the wrong weapon entirely. Least favorite UMP, nothing special on it, and NO, I don't hate it because Jake made it. Due note that it's PWR is awful, LESS THAN the UMPTY DUMPTY, a RARE.
Scrambled is a geezer, it was made in a time where 2 suffixes were SUPER RARE, and it's whole niche was that it had a VERY good chance of having Contagion and Corrosion. In the age of crafting where "5 suffixes or garbage" is the moto, it's outshined. Lackluster power, but still fun to use.
Umptastic is amazing, but only on TTT. Sporting the most traits and the Highest PWR of the UMP family, this UMP is a monster. Dealing extra damage to a good chunk of the base weapons is nothing to scoff at, especially when it also comes with a weak form of the UMP Prototype disorient.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

B-UMP
(please fucking kill me)
Find

B-UMP
Umpty Dumpty
Find

UMPS fun, but adding too many would make them less special, and i kinda like how unique they are and special. They arent just another gun type, they feel exclusive and some of these would be immensely unnecessary and would just dampen their rarety without seeing the light of day.