Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

KOS binds and my problems with them

So, it is very obvious that using a KOS bind gives you an enormous advantage than say KOSing using your mic or typing it out in chat manually.

I've always felt that KOS binds are kind of a bullshit mechanic even in vanilla TTT, and thats mostly because you can look at someone for less than .1 of a second and then be able to KOS up to 3 seconds later. Yeah, I get that "anyone can do it so it isnt really an advantage to have one" arguement to this, but still, when having a bind in game gives you more of an advantage than having a mic I feel like its not really fair. Not to mention stuff put in text chat is there for the entire round, compared to calling people out in voice chat which people usually end up forgetting about 30 seconds later.

So what I suggest is simply changing KOS binds so you have to be looking directly at the person to call them out. Simple as that, they would still be very useful but at the same time wouldn't be a huge advantage over people using mics/text chat.

yes get rid of this insta call out spam bullshiter
Find

Did brass not say he doesn't want to sit here fiddling with base TTT.

Edit: Learn to kill before someone can kos you, problem solved.

Double edit: People who don't use mic are at a massive disadvantage past those on mic. You have to sit still typing and most of the times, getting killed while doing so. VS running/gunning and calling out over mic.
Do you understand you are asking for a change that will punish non mic using players?
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

When people don't shut up having a KOS keybind (That already requires a certain degree of looking at the person AFAIK) is the only way to let people know sometimes.

(06-01-2018, 03:25 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  -1

When people don't shut up having a KOS keybind (That already requires a certain degree of looking at the person AFAIK) is the only way to let people know sometimes.

You clearly didn't read what I said at all.

Quote:So what I suggest is simply changing KOS binds so you have to be looking directly at the person to call them out. Simple as that, they would still be very useful but at the same time wouldn't be a huge advantage over people using mics/text chat.

I don't consider KOS binds in themselves bullshit, its that you can look at someone for half a frame where you cant even process the person's name yourself, and then instantly be able to call them out up to 3 seconds later

(05-26-2018, 10:43 PM)Kheyre Wrote:  Did brass not say he doesn't want to sit here fiddling with base TTT.

Edit: Learn to kill before someone can kos you, problem solved.

Double edit: People who don't use mic are at a massive disadvantage past those on mic. You have to sit still typing and most of the times, getting killed while doing so. VS running/gunning and calling out over mic.
Do you understand you are asking for a change that will punish non mic using players?

Well in a game that relies on a lot of communication to win, people with mics SHOULD have an advantage over people without them. That should be pretty obvious...its not like I'm asking for KOS binds to be removed completely, I'm just saying they should be adjusted a bit to be more in line with other forms of communication.

And Brassx said he doesn't want to be recoding massive parts of the internal TTT stuff, this is something that wouldn't really be that big of a deal other than a line change.
Find

(06-01-2018, 03:38 PM)tobiasxz-sanpamf Wrote:  You clearly didn't read what I said at all.

I did make a mistake here, but the mistake was not a failure in reading your post. As far as I understood the feature you were requesting was already partially in place since you needed to be at least partially looking at someone. However, upon testing ingame I was proven wrong.

I still don't agree with the idea, however.
Find

I have two main points here in regards to the use of killbinds

My preferred solution would be reducing the amount of time you can actively call someone out after seeing them, 5 seconds is an extremely long time after losing sight of a person to call them out. I'd like if it were reduced to 3, 2, or even 1 second. It would still keep callout binds effective that way.

My other problem would be rules-wise as I'm pretty sure the only internal way to prove a KOS is called is via chat, anything in voice can be missed and there are no voice logs so if you're not recording you are basically fucked under most circumstances if you follow a KOS via voice and it leads to RDM but nobody else hears it.
Find

I'm not really sure if I agree with this, but I do understand your point.

My concerns:
This has literally been built in to TTT on all TTT servers since the beginning of TTT, changing something that's so vastly used will most likely do no more than turn away new players(even more-so than we already have). Given how easy T's have it(especially with our current rule-set and the way the game is played).

The last thing I want us to be is an even more 'hardcore' TTT server. Though that may be an interesting idea for a separate server all together.

Just imagine playing some hours of TTT elsewhere, and coming here, having to adjust to all the Inventory/weapons on top of something that might seem so simple, but actually changes quite a bit. It might be very off putting (though some may like it, doubtful in my opinion, as it makes the game harder for innocents, while much easier to get away as a T, and you're an innocent 90% of the time and people take their inno rounds to heart.).

Also the disguiser was made for this. Spending a credit on that is usually worth it, and you can just toggle it with binds easily.

(06-02-2018, 08:29 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Also the disguiser was made for this. Spending a credit on that is usually worth it, and you can just toggle it with binds easily.

I'd like to emphasize this point - I recently got into using this since I came back and it's a decent boon (when I remember to use it). Just a press of a button, and bam, no more KOS bind issues.
Find

While we are speaking of the disguiser, my keybind for it toggles it multiple times some days. (rendering the keybind utterly useless)
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find